HA&W | Aprio Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 10, 2017

2.5

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HA&W | Aprio (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was quite straight forward. The interviewer, who is a senior manager of the audit group. First I was asked to do a self-introduction, then he asked me some facts on my resume. The last few minutes we talked about my questions related to the firm. The manager was so nice to give me suggestion for future career.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at HA&W | Aprio (Kennesaw, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

My interview was done on campus. The interviewer was very nice and straight forward on HA&W's expectations. Though nice, the interview seemed very generic. It didn't seem that they were looking for personality traits to fit the company. They do not want you to go to school at the same time at your internship.

Interview Questions

• What classes are you taking that would be beneficial in this position?   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at HA&W | Aprio (Tuscaloosa, AL) in November 2015.

Interview

Easy going - most entry level accounting interviews are. No technical questions, they just want to get to know you better. They'll ask about basic line items on your resume and get you to explain them in further detail.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you were faced with adversity and how you overcame this difficult period in your life.   1 Answer

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HA&W | Aprio (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

After applying (through campus recruitment) a social is hosted by HA&W for candidates they are interested in. These socials are very important and allow you time to get to know many staff and upper level employees of the firm. If they are still interested after the social, HA&W will invite you to an interview and pre-interview dinner. Make sure to sit near an upper level employee at dinner, as they could very likely be interviewing you the next day. After on campus interviews, accounting firms will invite you for an overnight office visit.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Talk about a time where you had to overcome obstacles while working with a team.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HA&W | Aprio (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

It was a very laid back interview. We had a dinner social the night before, where we were able to meet with the person interviewing us and sit down and eat with them. After a few hours with them, I was very comfortable with my person, making the interview stress free. During the interview, they asked a few, not difficult behavioral questions and we basically just ran down my resume.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time when you were given a project with unclear instructions?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HA&W | Aprio (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online through their website. I was contacted only two days later and participated in a phone interview. Shortly after I was asked to come in for an office interview with 2 team members. It was relaxed and behavioral, get to know you style with some specific questions thrown in about my resume. I was back for a second interview the next week with 2 more individuals. Again, behavioral, conversational and very comfortable. That final interview was Friday, they sent me a background verification Monday, and they offered me the job on Tuesday morning.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Analyst Wealth Management Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HA&W | Aprio (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

HR phone call then personality/intelligence exam then in person interviews with 4 people. I was given no direction by HR as to what the face to face interviews would be like. Each person had 30 minutes to talk with me and no one could be clear on what my position would entail.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HA&W | Aprio (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

First contact was during an on-campus recruiting event. Some time after, the firm hosted a relaxed social at a local bar near campus. This was an excellent opportunity to stand out and network.

Next came the on-campus interview. The night before the interviews, HR and several firm employees treated the interviewees to nice dinner. This was another great opportunity to stand out and make a positive impression, and it also helped to relieve the jitters and stressors of the formal interview to follow.

Lastly came the office visit. They put you up in a nice hotel, and take you out to a formal dinner the night before. Again, another excellent opportunity to make a positive impression and network. The next day was the office visit. First breakfast, then we were broken into groups to tour the office. The visit was very relaxed and centered around the firm's culture and the actual internship experience. After the office tour we went bowling- yet another chance to network and make a positive impression. The dinner the night before was arguably the interview and was likely the most important part of the entire visit.

Overall: In the end, I felt that they were recruiting and trying to impress me, as opposed to me interviewing and trying to impress them.

Common theme: You have several opportunities to make yourself known. A social, two dinners, a breakfast, and an event (bowling for me). Make the most of it! It's up to you to get noticed.

Advice: the only "formal" interview was the on-campus one- which dictates whether you are extended the office visit. Other than that, the firm likes to see how you interact with people and how you conduct yourself in formal and informal settings.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions, nothing really stood out.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Internship, no negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HA&W | Aprio (Atlanta, GA) in October 2011.

Interview

Very professional, but more interested in whether you'll fit the culture rather than your technical skills. It was a 2.5 day office interview process that tested your stamina as well as your ability to interact with your potential future coworkers. It is also industry standard that they are looking for people that they would feel comfortable interacting with the client.

Interview Questions

• What attributes I would want to see in a model coworker.   Answer Question

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HA&W | Aprio (Atlanta, GA) in October 2008.

Interview

My first contact with HA&W was at my university's career fair. A few days later I was contacted for an on-campus interview. The interview was with a partner and lasted 30 minutes. The only question he asked me was, "Tell me about yourself." He talked about the firm the rest of the time.

A few days after that I was invited to a firm dinner at a really nice restaurant along with dozens of other candidates and a company tour the next day. We were all put up in a hotel for the night. The whole thing was completely low stress, almost as if they were trying to convince us to work there.

I received an offer a few days after that.