HARMAN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HARMAN Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.9

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HARMAN.

Interview

1. Applied resume
    2. HR interview by phone
    3. Site Interview
    HR asked my salary after basic questions. I don't know why they ask current salary.
    1. Are you familiar with Harman?
    2. Why are you looking or open to leave current position?
    3. What would you ideal position?
    4. Legal right to work in US?
    5. What are you looking for in your next role personally?
    6. Why Harman?
    7. How would your peers?
    8. What do you consider your most valuable skill?
    9. 6 or 7 questions summarise your experience of job

My opinion:
    Why they ask reason leave current position? Are they want liar?
    And not much good job area and condition.
    Disappointed Harman.
    Anyway thanks for refused my job applying.
    I don't want liar looks like car sale man.
    Good luck Harman! Samsung management will come soon.

Interview Questions

• why leave your current position?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

1st round Phone interview, about 30 minutes. The interviewer described the company and position a little then asked mostly behavioral with some technical explanation of projects. Curious about java and c/c++ experience. Ask for availability and if I was interested in a spring intern position as well and not just summer. Waiting for a second interview possibly..

Cyber Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HARMAN (Novi, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview for about 15 minutes about what is encryption, what school do I attend, etc. Then, i was granted an interview which was with the highest manager in the connected car dept (questions like what classes I took, what do I know about the connected car dept., and what was one of my projects about). From there the requirements manager and an employee interviewed me with questions like, if I competed in capture the Flag, what do I want to be asked that will say the most about me, and other cyber security questions. Lastly, I had a 15 minutes interview with an HR manager who asked basic questions. I wasn't given a position for this internship.

Interview Questions

• What do u like about cyber security?   1 Answer

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HARMAN (New York, NY).

Interview

Skype interview first, than on site interview. Easy chatting, of course , there is some of the technical question but very basic. Most question is focus on what project you done before, if you didn't fool around on your previous project , I'm sure it is very easy.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HARMAN (Novi, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied to a position on the company website and received an email from HR recruiter within minutes. I was super excited as I thought I was just a perfect fit for the position due to various specifics of the job and me possessing those necessary skills. HR recruiter/talent acquisition person asked me when I was available for a phone interview with her and we talked the next day. It went very well and she seems like a professional in what she was doing. She told me she would talk to a hiring manager who happened to be in Germany and would follow up with me. I waited and waited and waited...2 weeks goes by and send the recruiter a follow up email, no response followed. I waited another week and called her and ended up leaving a voice message, no response followed. After another week, I connected with another HR recruiter on LinkedIn and I tried to get some answers to my questions, nothing from that person either. In every situation, I was very professional and polite, which I cannot tell about the people on the Harman HR side. I just find the people who I dealt with very unprofessional and disrespectful. I think people who work for this amazing and innovating company could do a better job.Very disappointed.

Cyber Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HARMAN (Ann Arbor, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

First had a phone call with an HR rep, just went through my background. Second call was with a hiring manager, he asked me in depth specifics about my background, projects, and experience. Did not ask any technical questions related to cyber security.

Program Manager Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HARMAN (Novi, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and my application was rejected. However, I received a phone call later due to the recruiter stating that I could apply to a different position because of my skills. I applied and went through an interview with 7 different people. I was offered a job at the end of the week.

Director, Customer Service & Quality, Americas Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HARMAN (Northridge, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, spoke with a recruiter and then had an interview with the hiring manager. I have to say that I applied knowing that I lacked a few of the basic requirements for the position so knew this was a stretch to begin with. Overall I have to say the process was well managed, appointments were scheduled quickly and followup and feedback was very quick. All in all, despite not having received a job offer I have to say Harman managed it very well.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at HARMAN (Novi, MI).

Interview

I submitted my resume in University event and I was asked to attend a 4 hour on-site interview event for screening and one to one interviews, one technical and another one with HR.
    The next step was on-site technical interview

Interview Questions

• A few programming questions, mostly very basic. I was asked to write the code on the whiteboard.
      The first question was writing strcpy (string copy) function, recursive Fibonacci sequence, and I was asked to find all the anagrams in a dictionary with minimum complexity.
      Answer Question

Senior Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HARMAN (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Just to clarify - I had scheduled a phone interview with this HR person. In the morning of day we were supposed to have the phone interview, she sent me an email asking me when I was available for a phone interview. I was already confused at this point. Then one hour before the interview, she sent me another email, saying that the position was canceled. I immediately called her but no one picked up. Left her a voice mail and sent her an email trying to follow up. For the next couple of hours, I called her several more times, but still no one answered. Just don't understand how such a large company's HR department could operate this way. I believe it's a courtesy to simply call back the candidate and explain the situation politely.