HBR Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at HBR Consulting

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HBR Consulting (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

A phone screen with one of the analyst and some basic interview questions. The interviewer was very nice and the conversation was good. Asked basic behavioral questions, tell me about yourself, tell me about a time etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you shown your analytical skills   1 Answer

HRBP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HBR Consulting (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

First phone screen with recruiter, then scheduled with HR Leader the following week. I followed up with the recruiter on my status after my second call, and I have not received a response since to date (a month later) nor have they communicated anything (yay or nay) either. I did, however, have an external staffing firm reach out to me regarding this specific position so I guess they outsourced it but never closed out communication with candidates when they were handling this recruitment. That's unfortunate because I did enjoy learning about the company and the opportunity but the presentation of their hiring process has been very poor and I wish them the best in fixing it.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest challenge of working in the consulting industry?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HBR Consulting.

Interview

Very basic process. Two behavioral interviews and a case interview. A coffee chat with some other analysts / consultants. The case was very easy. The behavioral interview is 8-10 interview questions read off a sheet.

Interview Questions

• How many pieces of paper does a law firm use annually?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HBR Consulting.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with a consultant. This was followed by a second phone interview with a different consultant. Both of the interviews entirely consisted of behavioral questions.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HBR Consulting (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

First round was a 20 minute phone interview where they asked some basic questions, then an on-site interview with two consultants. It was behavioral, no case. There was a coffee chat afterwards as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you persuaded a group of people
      Tell me about a time you worked in a team   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HBR Consulting (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Everything went great, made it to the final interview, did a basic case interview then talked it over with the employee who made it. Didn't hear back for a week, then two weeks so I finally reached out to my interviewer and HR rep. Neither answered any of my emails and never heard back, very unprofessional and unprecedented.

Interview Questions

• How many pieces of paper does a law firm use in a year?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at HBR Consulting (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. First, there was a phone screening. This was relatively normal. There were no surprises. If you passed the phone screening and received a second round interview, you'd be asked to go to the Chicago office. This interview was with two people. But it was also straight forward. No curveballs.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HBR Consulting (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone screening, interview with an analyst, in-person interview with two managers, case study and wrap-up with analyst.

Smooth process; quick turnaround; friendly and direct

Interview Questions

• How many pieces of paper does the top law firm in the US consume yearly?   2 Answers

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HBR Consulting (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied online--contacted by recruiter and interviewed--interviewed with a consultant--on-site interview which consists of 2 behavioral and 1 case.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate your proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Acess on a scale of 1-10?   2 Answers
    • what stressed you out?   2 Answers