HCL Technologies Associate Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HCL Technologies Associate Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Nov 3, 2016

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Cary, NC) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview was a skype call through their interview system. I was a bit skeptical at first because the call did not take place in a professional setting but everything during the interview was straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Are you will to travel and relocate?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for HCL Technologies

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies in October 2010.

Interview

HR will contact the Candidate and schedule a Telephonic interview . Post clearing telephonic round a face to face round will be conducted and then a HR round and then if needed a client interview round will be conducted and the HR will process the candiadate resume and offer details will be laid out and post acceptance a letter will be sent with Date of joining and acceptance will be needed

Interview Questions

• Netbackup coupled with Cloud intergration and restoring to a secondary DC from Cloud   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

Worst ever Interview Process. Tremendous way of rejecting candidated. My existing CTC is 15.5 and in order to reject my profile, they offered me 9 Lacs. Interview process started on May 9th and today they have informed me about no offer can be made with a vague reason.

Interview Questions

• Why does HR like these are spared from any Legal Action who do not know what to say and what not?   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HCL Technologies in February 2016.

Interview

Interview process Takes an entire day.Got the offer.However after submitting documents on Discover HCL Site.Even after a month did not get the official offer letter.He never replied on email untill unless I found his direct phone number.It was shocking to know he said your offer has been dropped as you were expectations in salary were too high.To be honest my current package is 8.5 lacs per annum and was asking just 10lacs +.I would never recommend HCL they keep you in Dark never response,No accountability,No Moral Values.Finally I declined when they said join on 7.5 Lacs per annum.

Interview Questions

They were not accountable enough for anything.They said accept the offer less than what you are getting now.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Chennai (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a very simple process with two rounds over phone as they didnt have service management team locally. The first round was technical round and the second one was with a manager where he confirmed my selection.

Interview Questions

• ITIL based questions asking about Incident management   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

First round was telephonic, Second round was Face to Face. third was managerial round.concept of HDFS , HBase ,MapReduce jobs and Hive QL was discussed. Meaningful data extraction from HDFS and Hbase . table creation for Hbase and hive , mapping of Hbase table to hive and data import through SQOOP.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were technical.Technical questions were based on Clustering, Cluster setup. communication between nodes. Mapreduce , Hive , Hbase , HDFS.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I have simply asked them to pay according to the current market standard. and they paid .

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guntur (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Guntur (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

totally 3 rounds
    1. online written exam
    2.telephonic round
    3.hr round
    and very easy and basic questions
    indiabix is enough to crack the 1st round and in telephonic round they asked very basic questions to test our voice pitch

Interview Questions

• aptitude, mostly reasoning, english and c and java basics
      it consists of 4 modules
      Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

Overall, the interview process was fairly average. I was interviewed twice. Once for the job, which was quite average, and subsequently, a telephonic interview was conducted for the project which was a bit harder and more in-depth.

Interview Questions

• How to display multiple Smartforms in a loop at one go?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Bad negotiations

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Noida (India)) in December 2014.

Interview

Very lengthy and not organized. Unprofessional behavior and do not stick to commitments. Repetitive questions were asked by different interviewers. HR's behavior was weird as if bargaining for something in the market.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Chennai (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

Very dragging and slow. Even after providing docs offer letter was not released many times. Should have lots of patience to attend the interview. Cant complaint company because of the amount of candidates attending the interview each time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not very stringent.(only if your skill is most wanted)