HCL Technologies Business Development Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HCL Technologies Business Development Manager Interview Questions

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies in January 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with HCL for a position here in US within their IOT group. The interviewer asked me about my profile and I explained how my skill sets and experience align very well with their requirements. One of my last questions was if my salary expectation would align with what they plan to offer. The interviewer said they pay top dollar and that wont be an issue. The interviewer also told me that he was very impressed with my profile and will set up a follow up interview with the US business lead. 3 weeks go by and I do not hear back from HCL and when I call them back they tell me that they do not want to proceed because they think that I concentrate too much on compensation. According to them I should have gone ahead with all the interview rounds (which is many hours of time investment by me as well as the HCL interviewers), not mention compensation until they decide to offer me the position at the very end. If the interviewer did not like the fact that I asked about compensation (as my last question) then he should at least have not told me that he wanted to schedule another interview.

I dont think I will be every applying to this company again... Glad I found out about them before I got in

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for HCL Technologies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Durham, NC) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied through my school career management center. Attended the campus interview - a week later received an email stating that I was selected to move forward in the interview process and to stand by for further details. Its been 4 months since and am still waiting for that next round interview call...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Jersey City, NJ) in August 2012.

Interview

Applied online was called up & scheduled a fly-out.

Met with a guy by the name of Vijay Verma who was incredibly rude, obnoxious, often cut me off during my responses. He also took a phone call in the middle of an interview which is completely discourteous to the applicant.

As others have noted on this job board, get everything in writing! The company lied about who I was supposed to meet with.

Interview Questions

• none. pretty basic questions; what are your strengths, weaknesses, etc.   Answer Question

The interviewer did not give me a good feeling about the company; not the person I would ever want to work for.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)).

Interview

Local interview with local HR folks from TAG team, this interview is being done by phone in portuguese.
    Face to Face interview with local folks from HR and someone from delivery management.
    Interview with someone from global team, this person is member of global delivery team and the interview will be done in english
    Interview with Head of Brazil- LATAM by phone, the interview will be done in english, because this person lives in India.

Interview Questions

• How long experience do you have in Infra
      Wich kind of solution or services are you used to offer to the customers
      What are the KPIs to evaluate your performance
      What are your achievement in the last 5 years
      How is your personal life
      Answer Question

Negotiation

The last phase with the boss.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

They approached the school's career service, shortlisted our CVs and CLs.
    We got a sales presentation followed by a 45min interview.
    In the final stage we got an interview with the Regional Sales Director

Interview Questions

• Why Sales in the technology sector?   1 Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter for this position who detailed out the requirements & expectations. 2 rounds of interviews one by Sales Manager and the next by Global head of new business SVP level. This was followed by a chat with HR manager. My perception of the company grew progressively engaged; good understanding of the market and what it takes to succeed. HR function moved fast to make an offer after the process.

Interview Questions

• It's not the most difficult question, but be prepared to walk through instances of one of your largest opportunity or deal worked on, and articulate how your worked to win   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (New Delhi (India)) in October 2013.

Interview

Multiple rounds of interviews, starting with HR interview followed by interview with mid management and Senior management on the business side. The Business Side interviews were around work experience and domain knowledge. HR interview was more about reqasons to le\ve the current company, etc. After interviews, the salary negotiations took place and then joining date was confirmed.

Interview Questions

• Mostly all questions were about work experience and domain knowledge.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sandton (South Africa)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Sandton (South Africa)).

Interview

Long process after the local office has made a recommendation. HR is handled in India and makes the process long and cumbersome.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Open to negotiation

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (New Delhi (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter.It was very smooth process with written test and two rounds of interviews followed by a managerial round. All the rounds were conducted and managed very well. Thought it took almost whole day, but good part is that it was completed same day.

Interview Questions

• Why was a particular thing written on my CV important for my previous employer?   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies in February 2012.

Interview

Applied through school's career center and invited to an on-campus interview. Typical "walk me through your resume" and "why HCL." Was told they would get back with me the next week but have not heard back from them.