HCL Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,279 Interview Reviews

2.8

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

2 phone interviews. Both with 2 different team managers.
    Got a phone call and was asked basic questions about my background, skills and education. There was a question about what process is followed to log into an online bank account.
    The second phone interview was with a different team manager who had a very bad cold and kept coughing making it very difficult to understand what he was saying/asking. He spent most of the interview trying to explain the position. I guess they wanted someone who they could train so mainly just looked for a person who was open to learning.

Interview Questions

• To log into a online banking account what process do you need to follow?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies in October 2010.

Interview

HR will contact the Candidate and schedule a Telephonic interview . Post clearing telephonic round a face to face round will be conducted and then a HR round and then if needed a client interview round will be conducted and the HR will process the candiadate resume and offer details will be laid out and post acceptance a letter will be sent with Date of joining and acceptance will be needed

Interview Questions

• Netbackup coupled with Cloud intergration and restoring to a secondary DC from Cloud   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Cary, NC) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview was a skype call through their interview system. I was a bit skeptical at first because the call did not take place in a professional setting but everything during the interview was straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Are you will to travel and relocate?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview started late and seemed disorganized from the start. I went in for Java Developer (Fresher) but instead was asked if I was interested in Devops positions. They pressured me to answer during the interview, even though I had only just learned of the job. Shortly after while I taking a test for the Java position they told me I could leave. I didn't even get a chance for the developer position. It seems like they didn't tell me exactly what I was going in to interview for and made me look bad coming in for one position when in fact they needed another position filled.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

direct face to face round and waited there for 15mins, then there is technical discussion followed by general discussion by two HCL full time employees. they asked about my overall experience and technologies used. and asked few questions about my current project, collection frame work, hashmap internal working, multi threading, singleton, some real time scenarios

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

We were more than 50 people for the interview event and we waited for about 30-1hour in the waiting room and we were called to come inside and took the paper exam divided in to three rooms and after we completed the exam we went back to the waiting room and after about 30min two stuff come and called our name that they choose and thank to other who didn't make it. Our group, the first, 10am, was there for this one position. Started off with everyone taking a quick multiple choice basic code/skills test, some got picked off. Then a quick writing/introduction test, more were eliminated. Easy so far.… There was paper exam to evaluate your skills. It covers from core java to open source technologies like spring and hibernate, servlets type questions.The hiring and interview process takes like 3-5 hours. First there was paper exam to evaluate your skills and knowledge about the subject.Once you pass the exam or be chosen to proceed with the hiring and interview process, there is one to one interview with recruiters. There was paper exam to evaluate your skills. It covers from core java to open source technologies like spring and hibernate, servlets type questions.The hiring and interview process takes like 3-5 hours.

Interview Questions

• -Can a class be final?
      - Difference between Application context and bean factory?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Got placed in HCL technologies through campus placements in the year 2011, my final year. We had aptitude test conducted initially, which had 4 sections, logical, reasoning, verbal, programming. after clearing the first round, we had Technical+HR interview round. Technical questions from the electronics and communication branch were asked since, we were from EC background.

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA) in April 2011.

Interview

Only technical questions, no STAR questions. 1:1 interview in person.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

Recruiter contact
    Phone interview
    onite client interview

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

got through the college campus interview. very easy questions about opps and c programming. Easy technical and HR rounds

Interview Questions

• all the questions are easy.. no such difficult question are asked   Answer Question