HCL Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,177 Interview Reviews

2.8

QA Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from Hcl team to interview for the above position at the hcl office. I attended 2 rounds of interview- 1 programming test and 1 technical f2f interview. The interviewing was pretty thorough. I was informed that I had cleared both rounds and the next step was a client interview. I was told I would be contacted by the hr team within the next week about the date, timings and location for the client. I never received a call from them. I followed up twice and then they sent me the call letter to interview with their client.
    I had furthermore 3 rounds of interviews with the client team-1 programming test(asked to write code on paper), 1 hands on automation test and 1 technical f2f.
    It was a harrowing experience, more so because the interviewer repeatedly insisted that his wrong answers were right. Please note that the questions were logically straightforward. He kept insisting that he ran my code and didn't get the output he was expecting.
    I don't understand why I was called for an interview when clearly the interviewer wasn't interested in hiring me from the get go.
    I heard similar experiences from people who interviewed there. It is extremely disappointing to see how little they value the interviewing canditates time.

Interview Questions

• create a customised arraylist class from scratch without using any collection types.   Answer Question
    • find the longest substring with non repeating characters   Answer Question
    • write a program to find all permutations of the input string   Answer Question

Senior DBA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

Although the experience might be team dependent, my team was fantastic, project was great, manager was super chill (got to go golfing with him), and the support for interns is fantastic! We had SO many intern events and were definitely well taken care of.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

Got invited for in-person, first and only interview. First part was technical based, basic OOP, software development process questions. Three simple coding questions on white board (involving C# and SQL). Second part involved another coding exercise with a manager, then more question and answer about broad topics.

Got an offer but after asking questions to learn more about the job itself, benefits, I learned about 7 weeks training in another state very far away, which wasn't mentioned at all in the offer letter. There were even phone calls to even ask why I haven't accepted the offer. You cannot press candidates to sign something immediately after you give them the offer. I got put off this company completely.

Interview Questions

• Two SQL tables, do an inner JOIN to display all Employee IDs working in a specific Department   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

I applied online and had interview week after. They explained about the project, then ask some technical questions. They also asked about my experience and projects that I put on my resume.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (New York, NY).

Interview

They called for interview on weekend more than 500 members came for interview .we have to wait for 3 hours for online test ,then they will call you for next round

Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (New York, NY).

Interview

Good experience. Design patterns, code review methodologies. Management level questions were also asked. Overall good experience.
    Coding standards and Previous projects were asked. Framework of the mentioned projects were explained to them.

Interview Questions

Interview

Easy, no specific questions, and very generic. The interviewer did not know much about business analysis and data analysis or requirements gathering tools. Also there were only 2 rounds, and 1 was HR specific

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA) in March 2018.

Interview

Straight Forward two different persons tested my Tech skills overall the process went very fast but interviewer asked a lots of questions for sure. I hope they reply back and update us with their final decision. It would be great .

Interview Questions

• Swap two variables, LinkedList, SQL   1 Answer

Interview

good interview questions. there were two rounds of interview. HR and Technical. Interview process lasted one week. Offer letter takes time. Company is located at prime location within commutable distance. Good projects,

Entry Level Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Interview

Was asked mostly to walk through a data project I had done, what processes I used, what my conclusions were, etc. Never heard back, and moreover never even had direct contact information for my interviewer since recruiting was via a third party.