HCL Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017
1,635 Interview Reviews

2.8

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

Had previously applied for a different position as a software engineer through a recruiter and was later offered an interview for a job as a test engineer. The interview was a written test taken in person at their location, followed by a technical interview after. Usually multiple applicants on the same day so there is a lot of waiting during the process.

Interview Questions

• They asked general coding questions and scripting questions. They also asked about various testing methods and testing for hardware devices.   Answer Question

Java Developer for (HCL/AT & T) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was called by multiple recruiters (KRG, C2S, Connexions) for this position and was sent mixed messages on starting salary and interview process. All of the recruiters were from India and were difficult to talk to. When I asked them if they knew about each other, they either changed the subject or ignored the question. After a week, one of them asked if I could come for an interview the next day on a Saturday (Less than an 18 hour notice).

I hesitantly agreed. However the next day, 2 hours before the interview, I was called by 2 different recruiters who didn't even acknowledge that I had been asked to come in today. Instead they just asked me to come the next week on a Thursday or Saturday.

It was at this point I told them I was no longer interested.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fuquay-Varina, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Fuquay-Varina, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

I took an assessment one day and came back for an interview. The next I heard back saying they would like to hire me would I accept, I said yes and waited two weeks for back check to be requested. Then I had received a call saying they will not be hiring me. My background heck is completely clear. Company completely I professional.

Interview Questions

• What qualifications do I have?   2 Answers

Negotiation

After two weeks from accepting the job, they decided to no hire me. This is very unprofessional as they already told me I would get the job and I turned down other offers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

**WORST EXPERIENCE EVER**
    Two rounds of Interview.
    1st round: Some basic questions from Java/J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, RESTful over skype
    2nd round: Some behavioral questions over skype
    they confirmed me after few days and asked details for bgv verification. They told me you will get joining letter 1 or 2 days. I resigned from my company after confirmation. He kept telling me you will receive joining letter tomorrow or maximum in this week. He rarely picked my call and never replied to my email. After a month, he picked my call and told me we are not hiring. This could be the worst think ever can happen with me.

Network Security Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCL Technologies in January 2017.

Interview

The technical interviewer was rude and did not appreciated my time. Called me out of the blue one afternoon and asked to conduct a technical interview. Told him I'm in the middle of some important work and asked to schedule the interview day after tomorrow. To my horror, he asked me if I needed to study and why wasn't I able to give him an interview tomorrow. Told him that I should be able to interview tomorrow in my lunch hour. The technical interview was thorough and enjoyable. The technical interviewer's manager called me in 2 days and was praising me on my experience and how impressed he was on the feedback. Told me that he would call me tomorrow with his Senior Manager. The next morning, HR called in and was deliberately rude and was acting as if she does not care if you are just another applicant she is talking to and definitely does not know what value add you would bring to the company. Hanged up the phone in 5 mins after telling that client location has changed and we can offer you less money than what was initially agreed on. I researched and called her back and delivered a VM. No followup since then (appx 20 days). Spoke to the manager after a week but no followup from him too. In short don't even bother interviewing with HCL America. These people will just kill your time and nothing more. Summary - Poor negotiation skills, Rude, Marginalizing, Non-ethical, Unresponsive, Unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Asked a variety of questions on Checkpoint, ASA, Juniper, Proxies, VPN.   Answer Question

Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Interviewed for Enterprise Architect role. Spoke about my background and its relevance to the role offered. Sad part is, people who conducted the interview are less experienced and was very focused on a specific thing and are not looking at the big picture.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

College requirement process in 2010. First round was online aptitude test. Second round was technical and HR round. Second round started with tell me about yourself followed by questions in data structures,cryptography, c basic questions ,C++ questions (operator overloading..), java program.General questions like "Are you OK if you are placed (job location)anywhere in India".

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

The worst and rudest interview process. They mislead you to think its an interview but really its a hiring event with 30 other people. They make you take a written test and then grade it for literally 2 hours while everyone waits. No communication about what takes so long or anything. Everyone was super mad.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

3 rooms, a total of 6 people interviewing you. the room that supposed to ask you about technical stuff didnt do it at all. Ask irrelevent questions while we only have 15 mins at each room.

Interview Questions

• tell me about an experience when you have to deliver bad news to your boss   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

It's definitely one of the weirdest tech interview I had so far. First the interview is on a Saturday, I didn't think it's a big deal even though that's not normal for a tech company. I found out why after I arrived on site. There are about 70 to 80 people waiting in the lobby, seems like they pick the weekend so they have space for that many people. Here's the thing, they gave out PAPER TEST to groups around 20, and they grade them BY HAND. The waiting period is not pleasant. For a company that focusing on automation, you can see the irony here. The process is extremely inefficient, the pretty much did the phone screen and/or tech screen on paper, which can be done OVER THE PHONE or WEBEX, I mean, some technology that's not a paper test, that will save everyone lots time and travel cost. I guess the biggest problem is the recruiter, which failed to inform candidate about their process, I think it will be less disappointing if you know what to expect before driving over an hour to attend a phone screen.