HCL Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (San Jose, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

Got a Phone Interview through a recruiter. Went well. Then had a onsite interview with the team. Typically for about 1 - 2 hour. Questions were easy . Easy Python Questions and Regex expressions.

Test Automation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Interview involved only asking to write programs and with use of very specific Linux system tool commands (such as the command arguments to power off or boot a system through LOM interface). Interview screening was on a poor connection video call. Interviewer was unfriendly and I felt like there is likely some discrimination going on based on age or race. There was resistance to clarify the interview questions from the interviewer. Later found out this is the company that may have been responsible for the Boing 737 Max faults, and was not too surprised when I heard that. I was not really qualified for the job, but felt like even if I was highly qualified I would not have passed the interview or been hired anyways.

Interview Questions

• Coding questions with Classes and also specific Linux system commands.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (New York, NY).

Interview

One word "Horrible", interview process was ok. However interaction with HRs were horrible. After promising on certain CTC and asking me to join early, they went back on the promised. Before releasing the final offer they started bargaining like fish market over promised CTC saying senior management will not agree. Unexpected from a company like HCL.

Interview Questions

• Was asked a lot of technical questions but they were very easy   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

Received email invite with date to visit the facility and visited the facility on the specified date. There were 2 rounds of interview, both are technical and asked to write programming related questions to solve.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies in June 2020.

Interview

It wasn't much of an interview in the traditional sense. I applied and was sent a link to complete a cognitive assessment (not a coding assessment, by the way). Two weeks later I received a phone call from HCL where they tried to tell me more about the position. I say tried because the person on the phone was being very vague and didn't give many details. This phone call lasted maybe 5 minutes. A week later I received an e-mail asking me to sign up to participate in their training. They expect you to complete 200+ hours of .NET training on your own time, for free, before offering you a job that pays minimum wage.

Interview Questions

• They didn't really ask me anything. No background questions. No behavioral questions. No coding questions. I didn't really even have to interview for them.   Answer Question

Linux Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (New York, NY) in May 2020.

Interview

Recived call from recruitment company and screen interview after on same day I have received an ms team invitation for tech interview Linux position recruiting for HCL Sri Lanka new offshore dev center

Scrum Master Interview

Interview

The interview process was very easy, if you have the experience. HCL is a great company to work for, milestones were celebrated and opportunity to work from home at times

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Have some manners to conduct a interview. I had 2.5 years experience and they conducted interview for 3-8 years. I sent an email whether I am eligible to attend the interview to the mail id which was mentioned in the walkin post. I got no reply but anyway I wanted to give that a try. So I went there for interview and they were interviewing 2 years experienced people also. So I waited but after sometime they said that suddenly online test for the rest of the people . They did not give any break for lunch. I waited from 11 to 3 and after I was asked to attend the online test. Before starting, they asked me how many experience I have. I said 2.5 years. They asked me to leave for the day because they want only 3+ years . This didn't happen only to me. After making the candidates wait for more than 4 to 5 hours they are asking if they are willing to relocate to Bangalore. If not , they are asking to leave after making them wait for nearly 4 to 5 hours.

Help Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Cary, NC) in January 2020.

Interview

Unfortunately it was not good at all. Two companies called to offer me two positions within the same company. It was very hard to differentiate which recruiting agency was telling the truth and now it appears that after receiving my acceptance letter from one agency. That job is no longer available and now at the mercy of the other agency who I found to be very unprofessional. Felt like I was being jerked around. Very disappointed and will continue to look for work elsewhere.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

Telephone interview for about 45 min. Some basic questions and some unrelated topics. Overall was a decent phone call....Discussion about project and what is expected from the resource coming on board.

Visual Data Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Bothell, WA) in November 2019.

Interview

Interview was brief. Casual and friendly enviroment. Reviewed key interests in resume. Asked a few questions on accomplishments. Questions using visual reference. Other than it being difficult to ascertain the actual daily duties for the position, the interview was informative. Third party contracted position made communication prior to interview complicated. Staffing agency was difficult to coordinate with and not correctly informed of position/training and benefits.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one accomplishment you are proud of?   1 Answer