HCL Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,793 Interview Reviews

2.8

1,793 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

If you have real-world professional web development experience and did not recently graduate with a bunch of programming knowledge from college that you will never use, I wouldn't bother with this interview process. Don't waste your Saturday. I ended up just walking out to go home and work on my current ASP.NET MVC project.

I was told there would be a .NET/C# exam by one of their recruiters. Instead, it was one of those pointless exams asking old college questions about contiguous integers, and pouring different amounts of liquid from various jars to reach the desired amount. I'm surprised that they didn't ask me why manhole covers are round. Apparently they think they are Google. As soon as I saw the test, I knew it was a joke. If you want to see how "creative" I am, look at the work I have produced professionally and ask me questions about those projects.

Red flags I ignored: 1. They wouldn't even work with my salary requirements. 2. Saturday interview. 3. Bad reviews from current/former employees.

If you recently graduated college and have no professional coding/engineering experience, this might be right for you to get your foot in the door, but I would be wary, the employee reviews are still bad.

Interview Questions

• I have three water jugs, one with 10 liters another with 5 and another with 6, how do i get 8 liters on the first one?   2 Answers

Technical Architect Interview

Interview

Initial round with Technical recruiter, next had 2 rounds of interview with Technical General Managers, after that they have arranged interview with customer (Enterprise Architect, Senior Manager & Director). Final round with HR.

Interview Questions

• About overall projects that I worked on and Architecture principles   Answer Question

Web Developer for Microsoft Client Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Got a call from a consultancy for opening at HCL America for Microsoft client. They setup the interview after 2 days at 11 a.m.
    I reached there half hr early and was asked to wait at the cafeteria.
    After around 20-25 mins, they called me for the interview round.
    It was whiteboard interview and all technical.

Still waiting for response from the recruiter about the offer.

Interview Questions

• 1. Brief about your work experience   Answer Question
    • 2. write a code to print first n even numbers   1 Answer
    • 3. write a code to return the sum of digits of a number   Answer Question
    • 4. Write an sql query to display employee name and manager name from Employee Table   2 Answers
    • 5. For the following table structure:
      Create Table tbl( A int, B int)
      Insert into tbl values ( 0,1)
      Insert into tbl values ( 1, 0)

what is wrong with this query:
      Select A B from tbl
      1 Answer
    • 6.difference between Store procedures and functions   1 Answer
    • 7.how many primary keys allowed on 1 table and why?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

Applied through college campus recruitment.
    First round was a written test of aptitude MCQs.
    After qualifying the test,interview was conducted by HR.Interview was around my background and basic oops concepts

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

**WORST EXPERIENCE EVER**
    Two rounds of Interview.
    1st round: Some basic questions from Java/J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, RESTful over skype
    2nd round: Some behavioral questions over skype
    they confirmed me after few days and asked details for bgv verification. They told me you will get joining letter 1 or 2 days. I resigned from my company after confirmation. He kept telling me you will receive joining letter tomorrow or maximum in this week. He rarely picked my call and never replied to my email. After a month, he picked my call and told me we are not hiring. This could be the worst think ever can happen with me.

Network Security Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCL Technologies in January 2017.

Interview

The technical interviewer was rude and did not appreciated my time. Called me out of the blue one afternoon and asked to conduct a technical interview. Told him I'm in the middle of some important work and asked to schedule the interview day after tomorrow. To my horror, he asked me if I needed to study and why wasn't I able to give him an interview tomorrow. Told him that I should be able to interview tomorrow in my lunch hour. The technical interview was thorough and enjoyable. The technical interviewer's manager called me in 2 days and was praising me on my experience and how impressed he was on the feedback. Told me that he would call me tomorrow with his Senior Manager. The next morning, HR called in and was deliberately rude and was acting as if she does not care if you are just another applicant she is talking to and definitely does not know what value add you would bring to the company. Hanged up the phone in 5 mins after telling that client location has changed and we can offer you less money than what was initially agreed on. I researched and called her back and delivered a VM. No followup since then (appx 20 days). Spoke to the manager after a week but no followup from him too. In short don't even bother interviewing with HCL America. These people will just kill your time and nothing more. Summary - Poor negotiation skills, Rude, Marginalizing, Non-ethical, Unresponsive, Unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Asked a variety of questions on Checkpoint, ASA, Juniper, Proxies, VPN.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

Had previously applied for a different position as a software engineer through a recruiter and was later offered an interview for a job as a test engineer. The interview was a written test taken in person at their location, followed by a technical interview after. Usually multiple applicants on the same day so there is a lot of waiting during the process.

Interview Questions

• They asked general coding questions and scripting questions. They also asked about various testing methods and testing for hardware devices.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fuquay-Varina, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Fuquay-Varina, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

I took an assessment one day and came back for an interview. The next I heard back saying they would like to hire me would I accept, I said yes and waited two weeks for back check to be requested. Then I had received a call saying they will not be hiring me. My background heck is completely clear. Company completely I professional.

Interview Questions

• What qualifications do I have?   2 Answers

Negotiation

After two weeks from accepting the job, they decided to no hire me. This is very unprofessional as they already told me I would get the job and I turned down other offers.

Java Developer for (HCL/AT & T) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was called by multiple recruiters (KRG, C2S, Connexions) for this position and was sent mixed messages on starting salary and interview process. All of the recruiters were from India and were difficult to talk to. When I asked them if they knew about each other, they either changed the subject or ignored the question. After a week, one of them asked if I could come for an interview the next day on a Saturday (Less than an 18 hour notice).

I hesitantly agreed. However the next day, 2 hours before the interview, I was called by 2 different recruiters who didn't even acknowledge that I had been asked to come in today. Instead they just asked me to come the next week on a Thursday or Saturday.

It was at this point I told them I was no longer interested.

SAP SD Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies in January 2017.

Interview

I actually received an offer, was given a start date and was shipped a laptop. Now, I was being hired to a project which is always a bit dicey. Was supposed to report to the client Monday feb 13th. Friday, feb 10 at 8PM I received an email saying " don't report, there is a problem". They left me hanging for two days before retracting the offer on Wednesday feb 15th. The project was canceled, which does happen, but the way they handled it was just unacceptable. Was it a one-time fluke, or how they do business, you decide.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered 5% less than my ask.