HCL Technologies Lead Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 13, 2017

2.7

88 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very easy process. Apply through online. Got call from HR. NO face to face. They were very particular about your pay. you will be selected if you ask for less though you have no skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Seattle, WA) in February 2013.

Interview

two rounds of technical interview which will be scheduled by a technical team and then the manager. final round will be HR for negotiating the salary and roles

Interview Questions

• Technical questions will be easy. more on collections and data structures.   Answer Question

pay was less

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Chennai (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

It's more like a walk-in and for multiple openings. Totally four round of interviews each one focusing different skill sets. Mostly focused on matching individual skill sets with current recruitment. During the process they explained about the nature of projects currently they having and how they looking my contributions to them. HR interview was held later after a week. With bit of negotiations they sent the offer letter after a week time.

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Noida (India)).

Interview

There were 2 rounds. First one was with the tech lead as I was having a project specific hiring and the second one was with the project manager of the same project.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions of javascript, jQuery, CSS3, HTML5, Angular   Answer Question

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

I applied for lead engineer post. I got good feedback from recruiter and from the portal. And HCL had contacted portal and said that I have cleared first round. After two weeks I inquired about my interview status in HCL. They said we didn't get positive feedback. I don't know why they said like that. They are not checking for person knowledge. They always select the person who asks for less salary even he is not knowledgeable.

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Joined as a fresher. Interview was average difficulty. Simple questions in C were asked.
    After the technical round HR round was there. Before to technical round written test and group discussions were there.Overall interview process was simple.

Interview Questions

• How manage the address in C   1 Answer

Lead Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

Had IKMS test and then the regular, simple and easy interview with expected questions. Basic tech ques were asked. And then basic programming questions. Then in the next round a bit more complex logical programming questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• A few number of machine codes and a few passwords are available. Not every passwords match with the machines. A few passwords are incompatible. And a few machine's passwords are not available in the given set of passwords. Write a program to find the machine-password pair.   Answer Question

Embedded Software Engineer - Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Chennai (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

Too easy. Possibly the easiest interview I faced. There is a privileged if are an ex-employee. Salary was somewhat difficult to negotiate. offer letter issuance took time as company is doing background check on its employees.

Interview Questions

• volatile and const volatile. life cycle of sdlc. projects   Answer Question

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

I have attended interview for JavaScript Developer position in Electronic city HCL Surya Saphire Office. Whole process took 2 weeks. 1st round F2F and 2nd Round Telephonic, followed by HR round.

First Round is bit tough, 2nd round concentrating on basics of js and oojs.

Interview Questions

• Promises in javascript,
      OOJS,
      Prototypical inheritance,
      Object Creation,
      Closure,
      Array operations,   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Chennai (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

Java- Senior Developer, Two technical rounds, 1 managerial round and Hr, if you know core java with any framework would help you, learn build tech also, any ide , basic network & storage required ( but not for interview )

Interview Questions

• XML parsing, 5 logical questions, core java , serialization , data structures   Answer Question