HCL Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 29, 2017
1,688 Interview Reviews

2.8

Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Chennai (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through Online - via Amcat,
    Process took ten days, I was interviewed online test on day 1at Vels University -Pallavaram , Chennai
    Day 2, Face to Face interview in same place.
    Technical round was simple and average.Then Final HR round.

Image Processing Tech Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Noida (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

First Round : Explained everything in my resume. Then they asked me to explain mathematical details of the algorithms that i used at work.
    Second Round : Asked me how will i improve text extraction using deep learning. I have never used Deep Learning for text extraction, so explained about concepts of rnn and image segmentation to do that.
    Third Round : Interview with a Data Scientist in USA. he asked me some questions about CNN, word2vec, what kind of pooling layers used etc.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

one written round (simple). After selection you will be promoted to next level of interview.
    one technical round(normal). face to face and one to one.This will be around 25-45 minutes.
    one HR round (normal , commonly focusing on your salary). 15- 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Technical question from your project and basic concept oops.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

First there was a online test which they will call as IKM assessment.
    as i have applied for java developer. so the test was regarding java. they will ask questions on java tecnologies spring hibernate and all. unix scripting servlets and jsp. you should score more than 65% than only will selected for next round.
    second round was face to face where for me directly at client place they organized. i was directly interviewed for project.
    it was normal java basics questions programs and stuffs.
    if you directly been interviewed for project then after u join u directly put into that no bench period for u.

Interview Questions

• Java basics and programs to write file handling sql multithreading   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies in November 2016.

Interview

In campus interview.
    Written aptitude test
    Technical interview
    HR interview

Overall process was good. Technical interviewer was good and cooperative.
    He asked tricky questions to understand my way of thinking.

HR was asking about my family and ither formalities.

Interview Questions

• in aptitude test
      general aptitude and
      technical questions were asked
    • technical interview
      all about plm product lifecycle management

Negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

It took one day for me and it was f2f round...HR was very freely and he asked about my profile and past experience..just a casual talk for almost 10 minutes and he was keep on asking about my past company profile what was my roles and responsibilites..

Interview Questions

• explain oops
      write one programme for copy constructor?copying the values in onther function...
      what is copy constructor?
      what is this pointer
      what are arrays

Technical/Applications Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Noida (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

I have gone through 3 rounds and I got selected in HCL. HR send me the mail to submit all the experience letter, identity proof, relieving letter etc. I had wait for the offer letter for 30 days approximately.
    One day HR called me and said that the job profile has been closed without any selection.
    I was just surprised what the hell was going on. Why you wasted my time. I had taken 2 full day leaves. Now I'll never go for the interview with HCL.

Interview Questions

• They took 3 rounds. In which all the basics questions was there. after it they took some logical rounds with technical discussion etc.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies in July 2016.

Interview

I have applied through the recruitment agency. This was a technical face to face interview. interview was based on your entire experience and knowledge based on your knowledge. They wanted a person with knowledge of spring and hibernate but I had no idea on spring. So I was not able to get the job.

Interview Questions

• Aggregation and Composition
      get and load difference
      Hashmap implementation
      Spring IOC

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Chennai (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very nice, the interview started by 9am and continued till 5pm, with two rounds of technical and one HR. I asked for nice package and they agreed and said to send offer by mail on next working day. But I got an offer for 30% less what I asked for.

Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Hyderabad (India)) in July 2014.

Interview

Technical interview with some technical questions on C programming,JAVA and some assembly language programming questions. and HR Round with normal questions to know more about me and to tell their policies,terms and conditions.