HCL Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,836 Interview Reviews

2.8

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fuquay-Varina, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Fuquay-Varina, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

I took an assessment one day and came back for an interview. The next I heard back saying they would like to hire me would I accept, I said yes and waited two weeks for back check to be requested. Then I had received a call saying they will not be hiring me. My background heck is completely clear. Company completely I professional.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

After two weeks from accepting the job, they decided to no hire me. This is very unprofessional as they already told me I would get the job and I turned down other offers.

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

Had previously applied for a different position as a software engineer through a recruiter and was later offered an interview for a job as a test engineer. The interview was a written test taken in person at their location, followed by a technical interview after. Usually multiple applicants on the same day so there is a lot of waiting during the process.

Interview Questions

• They asked general coding questions and scripting questions. They also asked about various testing methods and testing for hardware devices.   Answer Question

Java Developer for (HCL/AT & T) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was called by multiple recruiters (KRG, C2S, Connexions) for this position and was sent mixed messages on starting salary and interview process. All of the recruiters were from India and were difficult to talk to. When I asked them if they knew about each other, they either changed the subject or ignored the question. After a week, one of them asked if I could come for an interview the next day on a Saturday (Less than an 18 hour notice).

I hesitantly agreed. However the next day, 2 hours before the interview, I was called by 2 different recruiters who didn't even acknowledge that I had been asked to come in today. Instead they just asked me to come the next week on a Thursday or Saturday.

It was at this point I told them I was no longer interested.

SAP SD Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies in January 2017.

Interview

I actually received an offer, was given a start date and was shipped a laptop. Now, I was being hired to a project which is always a bit dicey. Was supposed to report to the client Monday feb 13th. Friday, feb 10 at 8PM I received an email saying " don't report, there is a problem". They left me hanging for two days before retracting the offer on Wednesday feb 15th. The project was canceled, which does happen, but the way they handled it was just unacceptable. Was it a one-time fluke, or how they do business, you decide.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered 5% less than my ask.

Senior Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (San Jose, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

All phone calls. Two with the client and a couple with HCL. We covered skills associated with the project. PCI, Security, Design, Mobile UI/UX, backend systems, etc. If you are an American, you will have difficulty understanding many of the HCL people. Everyone is from India, and many of them are very difficult to understand. I never met another white person at the company.

Interview Questions

• How I handle product design, encryption, security, and payment flows. When can I start? How many years have I been doing this?   Answer Question

Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Interviewed for Enterprise Architect role. Spoke about my background and its relevance to the role offered. Sad part is, people who conducted the interview are less experienced and was very focused on a specific thing and are not looking at the big picture.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

The worst and rudest interview process. They mislead you to think its an interview but really its a hiring event with 30 other people. They make you take a written test and then grade it for literally 2 hours while everyone waits. No communication about what takes so long or anything. Everyone was super mad.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

College requirement process in 2010. First round was online aptitude test. Second round was technical and HR round. Second round started with tell me about yourself followed by questions in data structures,cryptography, c basic questions ,C++ questions (operator overloading..), java program.General questions like "Are you OK if you are placed (job location)anywhere in India".

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

3 rooms, a total of 6 people interviewing you. the room that supposed to ask you about technical stuff didnt do it at all. Ask irrelevent questions while we only have 15 mins at each room.

Interview Questions

• tell me about an experience when you have to deliver bad news to your boss   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

It's definitely one of the weirdest tech interview I had so far. First the interview is on a Saturday, I didn't think it's a big deal even though that's not normal for a tech company. I found out why after I arrived on site. There are about 70 to 80 people waiting in the lobby, seems like they pick the weekend so they have space for that many people. Here's the thing, they gave out PAPER TEST to groups around 20, and they grade them BY HAND. The waiting period is not pleasant. For a company that focusing on automation, you can see the irony here. The process is extremely inefficient, the pretty much did the phone screen and/or tech screen on paper, which can be done OVER THE PHONE or WEBEX, I mean, some technology that's not a paper test, that will save everyone lots time and travel cost. I guess the biggest problem is the recruiter, which failed to inform candidate about their process, I think it will be less disappointing if you know what to expect before driving over an hour to attend a phone screen.