HCL Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,049 Interview Reviews

2.8

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Telephone, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the recuiter for HCL Technologies herself. She very clearly and openly discussed my current salary vs what HCL could offer. She confirmed that with the specific pay rate and bonus discussed it would in fact beat my current salary, so due to that I agreed to commence in the interview process. I first had (2) technical interviews with another Manager over a roughly 1 month period. Following both of those being successful, I was then schedule for a 6am phone call that could accomade a (3rd) technical interview with an India based member of the team. Following that interview, I was then scheduled for a (4th) interview with a SVP in India.

Now being 2 months into the process, the SVP then schedules a 10pm Webex that I was required to attend. After being online 10 minutes early, and for the next 30 minutes, noone showed up. I was then scheduled a (5th) interview with the same SVP at 6am a week later. The SVP again, never appeared online after 30 minutes. At this rate the red flags began to show as I've never in my professional career had an SVP let alone any company not call and/or appear for an interview at the scheduled time. Finally, I was awoken at 6:20am by the recruiter on a Sunday morning asking if I was attending the 6:30am interview, and shockingly, I was unaware of this. I then checked my email to find they had emailed me 5 hours before, at 1:30am about this interview. At this point I now woke up and appeared in the Webex for the (6th) scheduled interview. 30 minutes following this interview, I received a call from the recruiter stating 'Congratulations you have the job.'

Now, already having been rudely scheduled for interviews that never occurred (And we all know how difficult scheduling these around work and daily life can be) I was in the end of the 2nd month of this process, however had verbal confirmation of the position being mine. Next, a few days later I received an email offer that was $15,000 AND 10% Lower in bonus structure than quoted in recruitment. I immediately declined and stated that isn't even close to my current position, nor is it what was agreed upon at the beginning of the process. Ultimately after 3 more email exchanges, I received confirmation the salary would in fact be as promised, however the bonus would still remain 10% lower. I agreed to meet in the middle and leave that offer as such.

Finally, every week I would check-in with the recruiter asking about vacation time, start date, and any information available so I could plan on relocating and establish the items needed to change jobs and living locations. Almost every week I received an email stating "Sorry just waiting on an SVP signature." Knowing this position was offered to me, I had already turned down another position immediately out of respect for that firms hiring process, as well as preparing for this position with HCL.

Fast forward 5 weeks later, end of 3 months since this process started, I received an email from the recruiter stating they were sorry, they decided not to continue this process. Please folks, let all of this soak in for a moment. People who are interviewed for and accepting a management position are not out for the first job on the market, this takes sincere committment, time sacrifice, and deciphering as to a positive future career step. Pay attention to your treatment during the interview process, try not to give a firm as much credit or forgiveness as I did believing they had good intentions, as apparently people here are expendable even after a 3 month long interview process and job offer. The lack of respect throughout the process says enough about what it must be like to work for this firm.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Bellevue, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied from CraigsList and got an email/phone call the next day asking to come in on the weekend for a technical exam. The exam was a paper exam with ~30 questions. There were about ~75 people all taking the same exam. The exam was all multiple choice and even though I was applying for the Java Software Development Engineer, the majority of the questions were not java related. I was told 15min later that I did not have a qualifying score to move onto the next round. The pay was too small to begin with so I took the exam half-heartedly. I briefly passed the work area to the exam room and the work area is completely filled with cubicles that nearly reached the ceilings, blocking out everything.

C# Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

They herded all applicants, of which there were approximately forty, to a written test. The instructions said that we can use pseudocode to solve the problems, but halfway through the test, they said that they wanted actual code, which takes longer to write correctly.

Interview Questions

• Write a program that determines whether a game of tic-tac-toe has been won.   1 Answer

Interview

Initial round with Technical recruiter, next had 2 rounds of interview with Technical General Managers, after that they have arranged interview with customer (Enterprise Architect, Senior Manager & Director). Final round with HR.

Interview Questions

• About overall projects that I worked on and Architecture principles   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Grand Rapids, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

Had a phone call.After that F2F interview held.They have gone through resume and asked about all the technologies used in current project and what you have done in your current project

Web Developer for Microsoft Client Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Got a call from a consultancy for opening at HCL America for Microsoft client. They setup the interview after 2 days at 11 a.m.
    I reached there half hr early and was asked to wait at the cafeteria.
    After around 20-25 mins, they called me for the interview round.
    It was whiteboard interview and all technical.

Still waiting for response from the recruiter about the offer.

Interview Questions

• 1. Brief about your work experience   Answer Question
    • 2. write a code to print first n even numbers   1 Answer
    • 3. write a code to return the sum of digits of a number   Answer Question
    • 4. Write an sql query to display employee name and manager name from Employee Table   2 Answers
    • 5. For the following table structure:
      Create Table tbl( A int, B int)
      Insert into tbl values ( 0,1)
      Insert into tbl values ( 1, 0)

what is wrong with this query:
      Select A B from tbl   1 Answer
    • 6.difference between Store procedures and functions   1 Answer
    • 7.how many primary keys allowed on 1 table and why?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

Applied through college campus recruitment.
    First round was a written test of aptitude MCQs.
    After qualifying the test,interview was conducted by HR.Interview was around my background and basic oops concepts

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone screen. 2 technical rounds covering various aspects on data, cloud, analytics, use cases, implementation scenario. 2 HR rounds covering company details, team structure, responsibilities, previous experience, compensation related details.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience, technical engineering questions. Data processing using Hadoop, spark - differences. Real time processing related tools and evaluation. Architecture patterns on cloud, parallel processing platforms, columnar databases. Scenario related questions.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Bellevue, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

common previous job experience questions, and only asked one easy programming question, lasts for like 30 minutes. and then HR talked to me about 10 minutes about the benefits, I have like 1 day to decide

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fuquay-Varina, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Fuquay-Varina, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

I took an assessment one day and came back for an interview. The next I heard back saying they would like to hire me would I accept, I said yes and waited two weeks for back check to be requested. Then I had received a call saying they will not be hiring me. My background heck is completely clear. Company completely I professional.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

After two weeks from accepting the job, they decided to no hire me. This is very unprofessional as they already told me I would get the job and I turned down other offers.