HCL Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,865 Interview Reviews

2.8

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

3 rooms, a total of 6 people interviewing you. the room that supposed to ask you about technical stuff didnt do it at all. Ask irrelevent questions while we only have 15 mins at each room.

Interview Questions

• tell me about an experience when you have to deliver bad news to your boss   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

It's definitely one of the weirdest tech interview I had so far. First the interview is on a Saturday, I didn't think it's a big deal even though that's not normal for a tech company. I found out why after I arrived on site. There are about 70 to 80 people waiting in the lobby, seems like they pick the weekend so they have space for that many people. Here's the thing, they gave out PAPER TEST to groups around 20, and they grade them BY HAND. The waiting period is not pleasant. For a company that focusing on automation, you can see the irony here. The process is extremely inefficient, the pretty much did the phone screen and/or tech screen on paper, which can be done OVER THE PHONE or WEBEX, I mean, some technology that's not a paper test, that will save everyone lots time and travel cost. I guess the biggest problem is the recruiter, which failed to inform candidate about their process, I think it will be less disappointing if you know what to expect before driving over an hour to attend a phone screen.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

direct face to face round and waited there for 15mins, then there is technical discussion followed by general discussion by two HCL full time employees. they asked about my overall experience and technologies used. and asked few questions about my current project, collection frame work, hashmap internal working, multi threading, singleton, some real time scenarios

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

This was a mass interview event at a hotel's conference rooms, about 30 people, more trickled in as the day passed, but found out those weren't all there for the same position. Our group, the first, 9am, was there for this one position. Started off with everyone taking a quick multiple choice basic code/skills test, some got picked off. Then a quick writing/introduction test, more were eliminated. Easy so far. Shuffled into another room as we waited for a 2 on 1 personal interview. Mostly talking about background experience and some more basic skills questions, and more eliminated. They really tried to drill you and probe for weaknesses and they're not shy about it, berating even, one interviewer acted like he was about to flip the table!!! Now down to about 5 of us. Final round of a 4 on 1 interview with some personality and algorithm questions, then they decide there if you are in or not, done. 3pm. Oh, no lunch, just drinks, I had some hunger pains when I left.... Overall, I enjoyed that I got to meet some other cool interviewees, otherwise, the interviewers were looking for some people to whip into action.

Interview Questions

• basic java code and classes, searching and sorting algorithms, and anger/stress-induced psychological test, bad cop/good cop stuff.   Answer Question

Senior .NET Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

Was given a whiteboard-style interview by someone who seemed more interested in proving to me that he knew something I did not. Because I couldn't solve his non-realistic, non-world puzzle in a timely fashion I was deemed unqualified, but somehow still acceptable for the project if the client agreed. The interview was held in the company office in Redmond in a fairly casual setting. I seemed overdressed in a shirt and tie even compared with people who were considered management.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about the pros and cons of each type of SQL join, then seemed dissatisfied with my short answers even though they were textbook responses. Not sure what he was really trying to get at other than to get through the interview and get back to whatever else he was doing.   Answer Question

Java/J2EE Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Called for walk in drive. Around 80 people attended. 1st round was written test. Which has very basic questions on Java. 2nd round was technical interview and 3rd round is again technical. Then comes the final Hr round. Don't attend this company interviews. Waste of time. They made me wait from 10 am to 5pm. They bargain on salary offer based on your visa status. two guys told me that they are taking me and I have to work for them . Where as HR told me he can confirm it after two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Array representation in Java   Answer Question
    • Spring default scope   1 Answer
    • How to remove all elements from hashmap   1 Answer
    • Sample exception handling questions like how to handle an exception when there is no catch , what does finally does   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

Person to person interview with the program manager. Was interviewed with 5 basic technical questions, 4 troubleshooting questions and 1 network question. After the interview, I was told that I will know if I am selected. The program manager wished me good luck. It is a pleasant interview experience.

Product Analyst Interview

Interview

There was a Short, 20 minute phone interview & a online assessment following the phone interview. The interview was Relatively casual with structured questions regarding my resume and what I was looking for. The woman I spoke to was pretty nice but not very knowledgable on the position. I was given 60 minutes for the online assessment but it went by pretty fast. The questions were very do-able.

Interview Questions

• Compare a computer monitor and tv   2 Answers

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies in May 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was a no-show and no courteous management phone call to indicate the status of the cancellation. How unprofessional and poorly run. I was left hanging wondering next steps. Don't think of working here unless you are from offshore India.

Interview Questions

• The interview was a no-show,   1 Answer

Service Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Cary, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online through the HCL website and I was called like 3 days later and was told to come in for testing and an interview that next Monday. A day after I had took the test and had an interview I was hired. I was supposed to stat work a month before I really did, the date kept getting pushed back.