HCL Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,629 Interview Reviews

2.8

Service Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Cary, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

Contacted through KTek resources. Interviewed for the Addecco project. Very unorganized. Assement test very outdated. Came for interview Monday nobody showed up and had to reschedule for the next day.

Tier I Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Cary, NC).

Interview

1- they called and set up appointment
    2- interviewed with manager of project
    3- waited to hear back for 3 weeks
    4-had drug screening
    5-recieved offer letter - was told there would be a 1 month training process
    6 - was made active in 2 weeks due to having a Knowledgebase that I could refer to and because so many people quit that they were short on the phones

Interview Questions

• A written test. Half the test was in Farsi (not kidding, a misprint but still graded). Example question; What is the definition for LAN?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

It was ok but quick process and offer will be released as soon as possible. The offer process might take time as negotiation is not so good . The client based service compnay so might so there will be a client interiew

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies in January 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with HCL for a position here in US within their IOT group. The interviewer asked me about my profile and I explained how my skill sets and experience align very well with their requirements. One of my last questions was if my salary expectation would align with what they plan to offer. The interviewer said they pay top dollar and that wont be an issue. The interviewer also told me that he was very impressed with my profile and will set up a follow up interview with the US business lead. 3 weeks go by and I do not hear back from HCL and when I call them back they tell me that they do not want to proceed because they think that I concentrate too much on compensation. According to them I should have gone ahead with all the interview rounds (which is many hours of time investment by me as well as the HCL interviewers), not mention compensation until they decide to offer me the position at the very end. If the interviewer did not like the fact that I asked about compensation (as my last question) then he should at least have not told me that he wanted to schedule another interview.

I dont think I will be every applying to this company again... Glad I found out about them before I got in

Build Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

start with a phone conversation and we spook about the offer and going through the job descriptions,
    then an official interview with the team,
    Very good the interviewers are so friendly with me and it grouse good and perfect

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview started late and seemed disorganized from the start. I went in for Java Developer (Fresher) but instead was asked if I was interested in Devops positions. They pressured me to answer during the interview, even though I had only just learned of the job. Shortly after while I taking a test for the Java position they told me I could leave. I didn't even get a chance for the developer position. It seems like they didn't tell me exactly what I was going in to interview for and made me look bad coming in for one position when in fact they needed another position filled.

Content Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA).

Interview

2 phone screens with recruiter, 1 on 1 inperson with manager, then offer was made. The inperson was all about telling him what I knew about web page creation. Asked me general questions and gave me some examples to work on.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at HCL Technologies in September 2015.

Interview

Multiple rounds of interview and stated that the position on hold after HR interview. Not sure if they are so unplanned.
    Interview over hangouts
    HR Interview around compensation and Visa status along with the designation that needs to be tagged to.
    Account manager was literally at back me of to get the resume updated in the format required by client

Interview Questions

• All Around QA management.
      Test Estimation
      Test Approach
      Functional knowledge around Oracle Apps
      OATS
      Answer Question

Help Desk Analysis Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Cary, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

You arrive early to make a good impression and your not seen for over an hour and half later. Interviewed by 2 project leads who didn't have much of idea how to interview. Questions were very vague and unprepared. They also didn't seam very interested in my answers only that I was able to talk fluently. That was a point they kept bring up. How do you feel about talking on the phone all day. My response was this is a help desk position correct? Questioning only took about 10 mins since I wasn't able to finish a complete explanation before they cut off my answers and said thank you will call you with an answer. I received a phone call before I even got home offering the position. Seems like they only cared about a warm body taking a seat. I have been a hiring manager before in numerous positions and I can honestly say I wouldn't have hired either of these people. The only reason I applied for this position was to fill my time in between other contracts.

Interview Questions

• What is extent of your PC knowledge?   1 Answer
    • How do you feel about talking on the phone, answering emails, and answering live chats at the same time?   1 Answer
    • Do you know about Microsoft applications?   1 Answer

Teir II Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Arlington, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

Terrible! I was asked to meet the recruiter at a hotel not a office. The interviewer did not inform the front desk they would be there, so I had to call the recruiter to try an make contact with the interviewer because he would not his phone when I called it. After waiting an hour and half after my scheduled time he finally shows up (Mind you he walked pass me 3 times before even asking if I was there for the interview).
    The interviewer admits during the interview they do not have an office in the area yet this company claims to be big money.
    He explained the position and what I would be doing BUT, never got a chance to do anything that was mentioned. And I could sense a slight language barrier.

Interview Questions

• They asked the standard IT Support questions: Have you worked at a helpdesk before? What kind of problems did you solve?   1 Answer