HCL Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,645 Interview Reviews

2.8

Help Desk Analysis Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Cary, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

You arrive early to make a good impression and your not seen for over an hour and half later. Interviewed by 2 project leads who didn't have much of idea how to interview. Questions were very vague and unprepared. They also didn't seam very interested in my answers only that I was able to talk fluently. That was a point they kept bring up. How do you feel about talking on the phone all day. My response was this is a help desk position correct? Questioning only took about 10 mins since I wasn't able to finish a complete explanation before they cut off my answers and said thank you will call you with an answer. I received a phone call before I even got home offering the position. Seems like they only cared about a warm body taking a seat. I have been a hiring manager before in numerous positions and I can honestly say I wouldn't have hired either of these people. The only reason I applied for this position was to fill my time in between other contracts.

Interview Questions

• What is extent of your PC knowledge?   1 Answer
    • How do you feel about talking on the phone, answering emails, and answering live chats at the same time?   1 Answer
    • Do you know about Microsoft applications?   1 Answer

Teir II Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Arlington, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

Terrible! I was asked to meet the recruiter at a hotel not a office. The interviewer did not inform the front desk they would be there, so I had to call the recruiter to try an make contact with the interviewer because he would not his phone when I called it. After waiting an hour and half after my scheduled time he finally shows up (Mind you he walked pass me 3 times before even asking if I was there for the interview).
    The interviewer admits during the interview they do not have an office in the area yet this company claims to be big money.
    He explained the position and what I would be doing BUT, never got a chance to do anything that was mentioned. And I could sense a slight language barrier.

Interview Questions

• They asked the standard IT Support questions: Have you worked at a helpdesk before? What kind of problems did you solve?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

Had two round of interviews with senior managers. It was casual conversation...they asked me about my past experiences.
    But there was very poor communication in between interviews. They would ask my availability and not get back to me for weeks.
    I had a bad feeling about the company from the interview process. I was right - the company: its communication, culture etc is aweful.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiation my salary a little bit. They reluctantly gave me a small increase from the initial offer

Desktop Support Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the lead, the interview took about 15min. One week later I was called to schedule an in person interview with the manager. This interview was also about 15-20 min. I was asked if I had a problem with performing s background check and of course the answer was no. I never gave him any information besides my resume, citizenship and complete address. I called a week later to follow up and the lead explain the background check is still being conducted and it can sometimes take 4 weeks. It is exactly 2 weeks and I haven't heard anything. I'm getting anxious and ready to began work. Does anyone know how long it took before they started working.

Interview Questions

• They pretty much just asked about my recent experience and BIOS, MMC, And Hardware   1 Answer

Technical Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

It was quick initially but HR tool some time to come back, overall smooth process. if they need you then everything will move very quickly Once my interview was done client wanted to meet me and understand my qualifications.....I was hired for a client location

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know if your experience is relevant to the requirement of the job   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

Initial screening will be done. You will be informed after two weeks.
    Next round of interview in two weeks, wait for two weeks. you will be called again with result. You will be boarded after two weeks again. As you need to give two weeks notice Total process will take 2 months. Lot of patience needed.
    If its urgent requiremen, then also one month time will be there.

Interview Questions

• How is your typical day? What is the recent issue you resolved?   Answer Question

Mobile Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I have been contacted through the recruiter and delivery manager. Initial telephonic discussion about your expectations, roles and responsibilities.
    Initially they will agree to your all terms and expected compensation, after interview they will negotiate. They will ready to pay certain amount. Then after 2 days there higher management will reduce the budget for this position so they will stop replying you. After follow up you will come to know they don't have budget and they even don't have budget to reply to emails and calls when they don't want to go ahead with selected candidates.
    Simple don't join and don't even think to schedule interview because initially they will commit everything but when it comes to rolling out offer they keep crying and start hiding there faces.

Interview Questions

• Very easy interview process. The people who take interview think that they are Steve jobs, big attitude and ego kind of technical panel.
      Answer Question

IT Service Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (San Antonio, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Quick, easy, and casual. Got a response the same day. Interviewers were very relaxed and enjoyable as well. Interview was actually held at a Starbucks for convenience's sake. They were easy to talk to and were more than happy to answer any questions I may have had.

Interview Questions

• If all jobs paid the same amount, what would you do and why?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies in July 2015.

Interview

Easy, just asked on experience. Also, asked some basic technical questions on SQL, .NET and PM. Person has to focus on communication skills. Easy, just asked on experience. Also, asked some basic technical questions on SQL, .NET and PM. Person has to focus on communication skills.

Network Administrator, Level II Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at HCL Technologies in April 2015.

Interview

Two Tech process
    one managerial
    but the feedback process is very slow, which should be proper as from starting that anyone can have quick steps and make himself available for the next opprtunity

package offer is less than 40%

Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
HCL Technologies Help Desk Analysis Interview Cary, NC What is extent of your PC knowledge?
HCL Technologies Help Desk Analysis Interview Cary, NC How do you feel about talking on the phone, answering emails, and answering live chats at the same time?
HCL Technologies Help Desk Analysis Interview Cary, NC Do you know about Microsoft applications?
HCL Technologies Teir II Technician Interview Arlington, VA They asked the standard IT Support questions: Have you worked at a helpdesk before? What kind of problems did you solve?
HCL Technologies Senior Consultant Interview Q. Why us? Why this position?....
HCL Technologies Desktop Support Interview They pretty much just asked about my recent experience and BIOS, MMC, And Hardware
HCL Technologies Technical Operations Manager Interview Atlanta, GA They wanted to know if your experience is relevant to the requirement of the job
HCL Technologies Weblogic Administrative Interview How is your typical day? What is the recent issue you resolved?
HCL Technologies Mobile Applications Developer Interview New York, NY Very easy interview process. The people who take interview think that they are Steve jobs, big attitude and ego kind of technical panel. They keep asking invalid kind of questions and approach to solve them, then you cant convince them its not valid statement.
HCL Technologies IT Service Desk Interview San Antonio, TX If all jobs paid the same amount, what would you do and why?
HCL Technologies Project Manager Interview Past Experience
HCL Technologies Network Administrator, Level II Interview Share you day to day activities