HCL Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,955 Interview Reviews

2.8

Contractor At Google Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Specific to the Google onsite contract - Questions regarding the Google shopping experience and applicable questions regarding the team for which you were applying, and an assessment. The question vary for each team, so the best guide is the job description itself and a familiarity with Google Shopping, and how online commerce works.

Senior .NET Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

Was given a whiteboard-style interview by someone who seemed more interested in proving to me that he knew something I did not. Because I couldn't solve his non-realistic, non-world puzzle in a timely fashion I was deemed unqualified, but somehow still acceptable for the project if the client agreed. The interview was held in the company office in Redmond in a fairly casual setting. I seemed overdressed in a shirt and tie even compared with people who were considered management.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about the pros and cons of each type of SQL join, then seemed dissatisfied with my short answers even though they were textbook responses. Not sure what he was really trying to get at other than to get through the interview and get back to whatever else he was doing.   Answer Question

Java/J2EE Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Called for walk in drive. Around 80 people attended. 1st round was written test. Which has very basic questions on Java. 2nd round was technical interview and 3rd round is again technical. Then comes the final Hr round. Don't attend this company interviews. Waste of time. They made me wait from 10 am to 5pm. They bargain on salary offer based on your visa status. two guys told me that they are taking me and I have to work for them . Where as HR told me he can confirm it after two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Array representation in Java   Answer Question
    • Spring default scope   1 Answer
    • How to remove all elements from hashmap   1 Answer
    • Sample exception handling questions like how to handle an exception when there is no catch , what does finally does   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

Person to person interview with the program manager. Was interviewed with 5 basic technical questions, 4 troubleshooting questions and 1 network question. After the interview, I was told that I will know if I am selected. The program manager wished me good luck. It is a pleasant interview experience.

Product Analyst Interview

Interview

There was a Short, 20 minute phone interview & a online assessment following the phone interview. The interview was Relatively casual with structured questions regarding my resume and what I was looking for. The woman I spoke to was pretty nice but not very knowledgable on the position. I was given 60 minutes for the online assessment but it went by pretty fast. The questions were very do-able.

Interview Questions

• Compare a computer monitor and tv   2 Answers

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies in May 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was a no-show and no courteous management phone call to indicate the status of the cancellation. How unprofessional and poorly run. I was left hanging wondering next steps. Don't think of working here unless you are from offshore India.

Interview Questions

• The interview was a no-show,   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Cary, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online through the HCL website and I was called like 3 days later and was told to come in for testing and an interview that next Monday. A day after I had took the test and had an interview I was hired. I was supposed to stat work a month before I really did, the date kept getting pushed back.

Release Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

Phone interview followed by on-site

Recruiter scheduled interview with manager. On-site 2 Juniors interviewed me and showed no interest in my answers. Everyone cut me off almost in each answer so I suggest put your point across in first statement as they will cut you off and start talking.

Service Desk Analyst Interview

Interview

First, there was a phone interview, then they called in for a written test followed by an interview with the manager.

The interviews were fairly easy. Usual questions, however the written test was extremely difficult. Useless questions people can't know on top of the head

The salary offered was too less. Wasn't even negotiating

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Cary, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

Contacted through KTek resources. Interviewed for the Addecco project. Very unorganized. Assement test very outdated. Came for interview Monday nobody showed up and had to reschedule for the next day.