HCL Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 23, 2017
1,795 Interview Reviews

2.8

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies in January 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with HCL for a position here in US within their IOT group. The interviewer asked me about my profile and I explained how my skill sets and experience align very well with their requirements. One of my last questions was if my salary expectation would align with what they plan to offer. The interviewer said they pay top dollar and that wont be an issue. The interviewer also told me that he was very impressed with my profile and will set up a follow up interview with the US business lead. 3 weeks go by and I do not hear back from HCL and when I call them back they tell me that they do not want to proceed because they think that I concentrate too much on compensation. According to them I should have gone ahead with all the interview rounds (which is many hours of time investment by me as well as the HCL interviewers), not mention compensation until they decide to offer me the position at the very end. If the interviewer did not like the fact that I asked about compensation (as my last question) then he should at least have not told me that he wanted to schedule another interview.

I dont think I will be every applying to this company again... Glad I found out about them before I got in

Build Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

start with a phone conversation and we spook about the offer and going through the job descriptions,
    then an official interview with the team,
    Very good the interviewers are so friendly with me and it grouse good and perfect

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview started late and seemed disorganized from the start. I went in for Java Developer (Fresher) but instead was asked if I was interested in Devops positions. They pressured me to answer during the interview, even though I had only just learned of the job. Shortly after while I taking a test for the Java position they told me I could leave. I didn't even get a chance for the developer position. It seems like they didn't tell me exactly what I was going in to interview for and made me look bad coming in for one position when in fact they needed another position filled.

Content Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA).

Interview

2 phone screens with recruiter, 1 on 1 inperson with manager, then offer was made. The inperson was all about telling him what I knew about web page creation. Asked me general questions and gave me some examples to work on.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at HCL Technologies in September 2015.

Interview

Multiple rounds of interview and stated that the position on hold after HR interview. Not sure if they are so unplanned.
    Interview over hangouts
    HR Interview around compensation and Visa status along with the designation that needs to be tagged to.
    Account manager was literally at back me of to get the resume updated in the format required by client

Interview Questions

• All Around QA management.
      Test Estimation
      Test Approach
      Functional knowledge around Oracle Apps
      OATS
      Answer Question

Help Desk Analysis Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Cary, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

You arrive early to make a good impression and your not seen for over an hour and half later. Interviewed by 2 project leads who didn't have much of idea how to interview. Questions were very vague and unprepared. They also didn't seam very interested in my answers only that I was able to talk fluently. That was a point they kept bring up. How do you feel about talking on the phone all day. My response was this is a help desk position correct? Questioning only took about 10 mins since I wasn't able to finish a complete explanation before they cut off my answers and said thank you will call you with an answer. I received a phone call before I even got home offering the position. Seems like they only cared about a warm body taking a seat. I have been a hiring manager before in numerous positions and I can honestly say I wouldn't have hired either of these people. The only reason I applied for this position was to fill my time in between other contracts.

Interview Questions

• What is extent of your PC knowledge?   1 Answer
    • How do you feel about talking on the phone, answering emails, and answering live chats at the same time?   1 Answer
    • Do you know about Microsoft applications?   1 Answer

Teir II Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Arlington, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

Terrible! I was asked to meet the recruiter at a hotel not a office. The interviewer did not inform the front desk they would be there, so I had to call the recruiter to try an make contact with the interviewer because he would not his phone when I called it. After waiting an hour and half after my scheduled time he finally shows up (Mind you he walked pass me 3 times before even asking if I was there for the interview).
    The interviewer admits during the interview they do not have an office in the area yet this company claims to be big money.
    He explained the position and what I would be doing BUT, never got a chance to do anything that was mentioned. And I could sense a slight language barrier.

Interview Questions

• They asked the standard IT Support questions: Have you worked at a helpdesk before? What kind of problems did you solve?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

Had two round of interviews with senior managers. It was casual conversation...they asked me about my past experiences.
    But there was very poor communication in between interviews. They would ask my availability and not get back to me for weeks.
    I had a bad feeling about the company from the interview process. I was right - the company: its communication, culture etc is aweful.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiation my salary a little bit. They reluctantly gave me a small increase from the initial offer

Technical Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

It was quick initially but HR tool some time to come back, overall smooth process. if they need you then everything will move very quickly Once my interview was done client wanted to meet me and understand my qualifications.....I was hired for a client location

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know if your experience is relevant to the requirement of the job   Answer Question

Desktop Support Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the lead, the interview took about 15min. One week later I was called to schedule an in person interview with the manager. This interview was also about 15-20 min. I was asked if I had a problem with performing s background check and of course the answer was no. I never gave him any information besides my resume, citizenship and complete address. I called a week later to follow up and the lead explain the background check is still being conducted and it can sometimes take 4 weeks. It is exactly 2 weeks and I haven't heard anything. I'm getting anxious and ready to began work. Does anyone know how long it took before they started working.

Interview Questions

• They pretty much just asked about my recent experience and BIOS, MMC, And Hardware   1 Answer