HCL Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017
1,991 Interview Reviews

2.8

Service Desk Analyst Interview

Interview

First, there was a phone interview, then they called in for a written test followed by an interview with the manager.

The interviews were fairly easy. Usual questions, however the written test was extremely difficult. Useless questions people can't know on top of the head

The salary offered was too less. Wasn't even negotiating

Service Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Cary, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

Contacted through KTek resources. Interviewed for the Addecco project. Very unorganized. Assement test very outdated. Came for interview Monday nobody showed up and had to reschedule for the next day.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The HR at the interview panel asked me only few questions from microprocessor, basics of C etc. The questions were easy and the experience was very good. It was very professional and they gave the result in 1 day.

Tier I Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Cary, NC).

Interview

1- they called and set up appointment
    2- interviewed with manager of project
    3- waited to hear back for 3 weeks
    4-had drug screening
    5-recieved offer letter - was told there would be a 1 month training process
    6 - was made active in 2 weeks due to having a Knowledgebase that I could refer to and because so many people quit that they were short on the phones

Interview Questions

• A written test. Half the test was in Farsi (not kidding, a misprint but still graded). Example question; What is the definition for LAN?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

It was ok but quick process and offer will be released as soon as possible. The offer process might take time as negotiation is not so good . The client based service compnay so might so there will be a client interiew

Business Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies in January 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with HCL for a position here in US within their IOT group. The interviewer asked me about my profile and I explained how my skill sets and experience align very well with their requirements. One of my last questions was if my salary expectation would align with what they plan to offer. The interviewer said they pay top dollar and that wont be an issue. The interviewer also told me that he was very impressed with my profile and will set up a follow up interview with the US business lead. 3 weeks go by and I do not hear back from HCL and when I call them back they tell me that they do not want to proceed because they think that I concentrate too much on compensation. According to them I should have gone ahead with all the interview rounds (which is many hours of time investment by me as well as the HCL interviewers), not mention compensation until they decide to offer me the position at the very end. If the interviewer did not like the fact that I asked about compensation (as my last question) then he should at least have not told me that he wanted to schedule another interview.

I dont think I will be every applying to this company again... Glad I found out about them before I got in

Build Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

start with a phone conversation and we spook about the offer and going through the job descriptions,
    then an official interview with the team,
    Very good the interviewers are so friendly with me and it grouse good and perfect

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview started late and seemed disorganized from the start. I went in for Java Developer (Fresher) but instead was asked if I was interested in Devops positions. They pressured me to answer during the interview, even though I had only just learned of the job. Shortly after while I taking a test for the Java position they told me I could leave. I didn't even get a chance for the developer position. It seems like they didn't tell me exactly what I was going in to interview for and made me look bad coming in for one position when in fact they needed another position filled.

Content Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA).

Interview

2 phone screens with recruiter, 1 on 1 inperson with manager, then offer was made. The inperson was all about telling him what I knew about web page creation. Asked me general questions and gave me some examples to work on.

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Rockford, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

2 Phone interview and 1 Skype interview. Mostly technical rounds. When it comes to Skype means you are almost finalized and you will get the offer. There isn't any room for negotiation.
    But ask for the match with market range mostly they will match it.

Interview Questions

• 1. Mostly technical question on programming language C and Python.
      2. some behavioral question.   Answer Question