HCL Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,635 Interview Reviews

2.8

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

2 phone interviews. Both with 2 different team managers.
    Got a phone call and was asked basic questions about my background, skills and education. There was a question about what process is followed to log into an online bank account.
    The second phone interview was with a different team manager who had a very bad cold and kept coughing making it very difficult to understand what he was saying/asking. He spent most of the interview trying to explain the position. I guess they wanted someone who they could train so mainly just looked for a person who was open to learning.

Interview Questions

• To log into a online banking account what process do you need to follow?   1 Answer

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very easy process. Apply through online. Got call from HR. NO face to face. They were very particular about your pay. you will be selected if you ask for less though you have no skills.

Senior Java Dev Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

Applied through recruiter . Got interview call on same day . I was,t ready for that .
    It was a Skype interview .

They was looking for some one with more then 8 years of experience. I had only 5 .

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied this job from a job board That recruitment was posted by a vendor of this company. So I was contacted by a recruiter. He wanted me to go to interview in the afternoon of same day. I felt it was too rushed. I asked him that would I have another option? He thought about it for a while then said how about afternoon of the next day. I had 2 interviews on that day. First one was their leader of recruiter team. I had good conversation with him. Second one was with his boss. But I was not sure about his position. He liked to change the topics very fast, sometimes I even didnt have enough time to finish current question. He also asked me write down what I do daily on a big white board. Feeling stressful with this boss. Have not heard from them about their decision.

Interview Questions

• what do you often do about your current job? why do you want to do this job? what do you know about our company? how do you learn English(I am not a native speaker)? could you accept overtime work at the weekend or some holidays? etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Nashville, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

They were hiring multiple people for the position. It was a mass interview event, lots of candidates (used in & out like cattle). Most of the interviews flew in from out of state & some were from affiliated company's not HCL. I Spoke with 2 different people for about 15 minutes each. It appeared that if the first person you talked to thought you did well you were passed onto the next. My interview was at the end of the day and I was not able to speak to a 3rd person from HCL to get any questions answered,about the position as they had all left to go to the airport.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations - I was emailed an acceptance package with the details. I had to agree to a salary amount through the recrutor before my interview

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Remote, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

First you get a short call asking about your CV and some easy questions about IT.
    Second call is a technical interview but still pretty easy, if you have some basic knowledge about computers

Technical Lead Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

Interview process was pretty straightforward. Got a call from HCL HR a meeting was setup immediately by the HCL team working at the client site and then the interview with the client few days later. Got an offer in less than a week.

Interview Questions

• No. As long as you know your work, you should be fine. Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at HCL Technologies in January 2015.

Interview

Took a test then had a formal interview. They offered me the job asked me for my social security number and then they never called me back with a start date.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none $15.59 hr

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

We were more than 50 people for the interview event and we waited for about 30-1hour in the waiting room and we were called to come inside and took the paper exam divided in to three rooms and after we completed the exam we went back to the waiting room and after about 30min two stuff come and called our name that they choose and thank to other who didn't make it. Our group, the first, 10am, was there for this one position. Started off with everyone taking a quick multiple choice basic code/skills test, some got picked off. Then a quick writing/introduction test, more were eliminated. Easy so far.… There was paper exam to evaluate your skills. It covers from core java to open source technologies like spring and hibernate, servlets type questions.The hiring and interview process takes like 3-5 hours. First there was paper exam to evaluate your skills and knowledge about the subject.Once you pass the exam or be chosen to proceed with the hiring and interview process, there is one to one interview with recruiters. There was paper exam to evaluate your skills. It covers from core java to open source technologies like spring and hibernate, servlets type questions.The hiring and interview process takes like 3-5 hours.

Interview Questions

• -Can a class be final?
      - Difference between Application context and bean factory?
      1 Answer

SAP SD/OTD Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies in January 2015.

Interview

One round of telephonic interview with Richard Rauch from HCL Technologies for Goodrich/UTAS project. Conversation went very well dwelling on my SAP SD experience including topics of Order Management, Pricing, Leadership qualities, logistics execution, interfaces, etc. Richard is an approachable individual with good knowledge in SAP and attention to client's requirement.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge of AOPB (Advanced Order Processing and Billing) in SAP SD.   1 Answer

Negotiation

We agreed upon the rate before the interview and the company held its promise.