HCL Technologies Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 1, 2017

2.9

Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Interviewed for Enterprise Architect role. Spoke about my background and its relevance to the role offered. Sad part is, people who conducted the interview are less experienced and was very focused on a specific thing and are not looking at the big picture.

Mobile Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I have been contacted through the recruiter and delivery manager. Initial telephonic discussion about your expectations, roles and responsibilities.
    Initially they will agree to your all terms and expected compensation, after interview they will negotiate. They will ready to pay certain amount. Then after 2 days there higher management will reduce the budget for this position so they will stop replying you. After follow up you will come to know they don't have budget and they even don't have budget to reply to emails and calls when they don't want to go ahead with selected candidates.
    Simple don't join and don't even think to schedule interview because initially they will commit everything but when it comes to rolling out offer they keep crying and start hiding there faces.

Interview Questions

• Very easy interview process. The people who take interview think that they are Steve jobs, big attitude and ego kind of technical panel.
      They keep asking invalid kind of questions and approach to solve them, then you cant convince them its not valid statement.
      Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Newark, NJ) in December 2014.

Interview

Phone calls and Skype. I got several phones and discussions with several people from the company. And set up phone and Skype interview. I found the interview wasn't so hard. It looked like they were looking to hire many people as possible not the quality and real willing of the candid.

Interview Questions

• Brief questions about software life cycle and also programming skills.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bedminster, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Bedminster, NJ) in April 2014.

Interview

Multi-step process. Nothing unexpected. Phone screen. Phone interview. Face to face with the hiring manager and one other. Face to face with a senior manager.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was unexpected. They asked a few questions about having Indian based reports, and if I had experience working hours to support the time zones and India.   Answer Question

The position I applied for seamed great on paper and I was very interested. It was for an Operation Manager at one of their clients. I was able to get through multiple rounds of interviews only to be held up constantly by them. I met with the hiring manager and won his approval. I had a phone call by the time I got home from HR informing me that they were going to make me an offer. We spoke about money. My salary was requirements were $5k higher than they wanted to pay for the position. I wasn’t willing to come down. I got an email the next day saying that they wanted me to meet with another senior manager due to the criticality of the position. I didn’t think anything of it, only that they should have said that before offering me the job. I was not sure if this had to do with my salary demands. Due to scheduling conflicts it took 2 weeks to setup that next interview. I didn’t hear back from them for 3-4 weeks. I left a couple messages with HR and sent a couple emails. No response. I wrote them off. Out of the blue they contacted me again saying they got the approval for the job offer. We spoke money again, and this time I was able to get $15k higher than my previous request. I was told that they hoped to have the offer to me by week’s end. It took 3 more weeks to get me the offer. All in all, it took 8 weeks from when they initially verbally offered me the job to get it in writing.
    I ended up declining the offer. In the time they were processing my offer, I successfully interviewed with another company that was US based and handled matters much more efficiently. The whole process was completely unorganized. I felt that there was a lack of coordination, and a disconnect between the US and India sides of the company. For a company that is trying to win US business, they are very much an Indian company, and run like one. After receiving the offer, I was doing my due diligence and didn’t find a single person that praised them. Most recommended avoiding them. They all stated they were cheap.

Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedminster, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Bedminster, NJ) in October 2013.

Interview

Typical but had many cancellations. Met with Managers and Directors great response in a timely manner once done. Offer was sent right away but it took weeks to start. Not happy with on boarding even getting benefits was a long process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

two days time

Executive IT Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview process was over the phone and the questions were technical in nature. Asked about experience in the field and how long you have worked in the field. Wasn't too bad.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Jersey City, NJ) in August 2012.

Interview

Applied online was called up & scheduled a fly-out.

Met with a guy by the name of Vijay Verma who was incredibly rude, obnoxious, often cut me off during my responses. He also took a phone call in the middle of an interview which is completely discourteous to the applicant.

As others have noted on this job board, get everything in writing! The company lied about who I was supposed to meet with.

Interview Questions

• none. pretty basic questions; what are your strengths, weaknesses, etc.   Answer Question

The interviewer did not give me a good feeling about the company; not the person I would ever want to work for.

Lead Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

Recruiter initially connected via linkedin then connected to the HR to follow with technical screening and then technical interview and finally HR interview. Main questions in the interview were based on the past experience and technical capabilities on current role expectations

Interview Questions

• More regarding the past experiences and future aspirations and expectations for the current position   Answer Question

Entry-Level MBA Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Jersey City, NJ) in December 2011.

Interview

I was referred to Axon through a friend who is employed at another division within HCL. I had the initial phone interview with the recruiter, and she asked your standard questions. She then gave me a case study to complete, which required some research. After I submitted the case study, I received a call from the recruiter that I would be speaking with the HR partner and I would also present my case study.

The morning of the call, I took time off from work that morning so I could be give the call my full attention. Granted, I work full-time and go to business school part-time. Anyway, the call was 20 minutes late. Imagine if you show up 20 minutes late to an interview? Because I had to be into work, I kindly asked if I could reschedule, stating that I had to leave for work soon. She said we would finish within 40 minutes and I would present the case if I was selected to the next round. Anyway, she asked basic HR questions and had me read from my job experience from my resume. Keep in mind that I went to business school for a career change and have been an engineer at a manufacturing firm, so there was very little that I could transfer from previous experience. But I have developed transferable consulting competencies through my contributions to professional organizations I belong to, which I mentioned were more applicable and discussed in greater detail. No follow-on questions were asked to clarify my answers, no questions were asked about challenges that I have overcome, and no question was asked about the value I would add to Axon. And I did not even get a chance to present my case study, which I took a day off to complete.

The following week, I received an e-mail that I was not a fit for the firm. And that assessment came from an interview where the call was late, the interview was truncated and lacked depth, and I was not able to present any competencies through the case study.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel 100%.   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2011.

Interview

The process started out with a phone interview on campus. A few days later I was invited to interview in NJ with a few other candidates from my university and other universities. We were asked to prepare a presentation on a question they had selected and have it ready for when we arrived. The interview process involved multiple one on ones and a group case project. In all it took the whole day.

Interview Questions

• Preparing the initial presentation. It involved a lot of additional research and work in a short time frame.   Answer Question