HCL Technologies Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 4, 2017

2.8

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies in July 2015.

Interview

Easy, just asked on experience. Also, asked some basic technical questions on SQL, .NET and PM. Person has to focus on communication skills. Easy, just asked on experience. Also, asked some basic technical questions on SQL, .NET and PM. Person has to focus on communication skills.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for HCL Technologies

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

It will be 2 to 5 round interview based on urgency and the requirements. Process will start from HR level and tech interview and senior level followed by final HR round for negotiation.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

Technical Round 1
    Technical Round 2
    Management Level
    HR
    Offer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (San Jose, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Phone interview two times and then skype interview. The phone interview was postponed two or three times. Once the first two interviews were true skype interview was only to math the candidate photo.

Interview Questions

• During first interview Mainly technical questions related to CRM. During the first interview they asked all technical questions related to CRM. During second interview they asked all personality related questions. During skype call they did not ask anything. Just matching the picture.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

campus intervirw
    1. Technical
    HR

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Hired based on employee referral. There was no technical interview. All the time HR was discussing only about salary and joining date. They went back and forth on salary and benefits.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Have everything in written email from HR. They do not stick to their word.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (San Francisco, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

It was not much technical. More process oriented and situation questions. Questions were mainly from the resume, about the past work done. The process is streamlined. The HR round was also easy. They basically try to verify your background.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Thorough and complete. 3 separate interviewers. Explained my Microsoft experience and did a language test for language skills. Explained previous projects and roles. Went through availability dates and times. Discussed contract terms and possible extension dates for availability.

Interview Questions

• Experience with SharePoint server and other general project management questions. asked about past AD change experience and working with an international development team. Asked language based skills (German required) and travel availability.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

Phone screening interview with a manager in India.
    I had been given a job spec with no mention of specific software programming requirements.
    After almost an hour on the phone, the interview started asking about my software background.
    I don't have a software development background and told the recruitment agency this.
    In addition, the role wasn't really project management at all, more application management.
    Poor communication between recruitment agency and company.
    Bit of a waste of time interviewing for a position I was neither interested in nor had a chance of getting.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bhubaneswar (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Bhubaneswar (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

gd followed by tech interview then hr interview, they dont go into too much details of the technicalities. but wen they come for hiring in the campus make sure u listen to their pre placement talks so that you can answer questions that will follow