HCL Technologies Interview Questions in Redmond, WA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 16, 2017

2.5

Web Developer for Microsoft Client Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Got a call from a consultancy for opening at HCL America for Microsoft client. They setup the interview after 2 days at 11 a.m.
    I reached there half hr early and was asked to wait at the cafeteria.
    After around 20-25 mins, they called me for the interview round.
    It was whiteboard interview and all technical.

Still waiting for response from the recruiter about the offer.

Interview Questions

• 1. Brief about your work experience   Answer Question
    • 2. write a code to print first n even numbers   1 Answer
    • 3. write a code to return the sum of digits of a number   Answer Question
    • 4. Write an sql query to display employee name and manager name from Employee Table   2 Answers
    • 5. For the following table structure:
      Create Table tbl( A int, B int)
      Insert into tbl values ( 0,1)
      Insert into tbl values ( 1, 0)

what is wrong with this query:
      Select A B from tbl
      1 Answer
    • 6.difference between Store procedures and functions   1 Answer
    • 7.how many primary keys allowed on 1 table and why?   1 Answer

Java Developer for (HCL/AT & T) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was called by multiple recruiters (KRG, C2S, Connexions) for this position and was sent mixed messages on starting salary and interview process. All of the recruiters were from India and were difficult to talk to. When I asked them if they knew about each other, they either changed the subject or ignored the question. After a week, one of them asked if I could come for an interview the next day on a Saturday (Less than an 18 hour notice).

I hesitantly agreed. However the next day, 2 hours before the interview, I was called by 2 different recruiters who didn't even acknowledge that I had been asked to come in today. Instead they just asked me to come the next week on a Thursday or Saturday.

It was at this point I told them I was no longer interested.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

The worst and rudest interview process. They mislead you to think its an interview but really its a hiring event with 30 other people. They make you take a written test and then grade it for literally 2 hours while everyone waits. No communication about what takes so long or anything. Everyone was super mad.

Java/J2EE Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Called for walk in drive. Around 80 people attended. 1st round was written test. Which has very basic questions on Java. 2nd round was technical interview and 3rd round is again technical. Then comes the final Hr round. Don't attend this company interviews. Waste of time. They made me wait from 10 am to 5pm. They bargain on salary offer based on your visa status. two guys told me that they are taking me and I have to work for them . Where as HR told me he can confirm it after two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Array representation in Java   Answer Question
    • Spring default scope   1 Answer
    • How to remove all elements from hashmap   1 Answer
    • Sample exception handling questions like how to handle an exception when there is no catch , what does finally does   1 Answer

Build Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

start with a phone conversation and we spook about the offer and going through the job descriptions,
    then an official interview with the team,
    Very good the interviewers are so friendly with me and it grouse good and perfect

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview started late and seemed disorganized from the start. I went in for Java Developer (Fresher) but instead was asked if I was interested in Devops positions. They pressured me to answer during the interview, even though I had only just learned of the job. Shortly after while I taking a test for the Java position they told me I could leave. I didn't even get a chance for the developer position. It seems like they didn't tell me exactly what I was going in to interview for and made me look bad coming in for one position when in fact they needed another position filled.

Content Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA).

Interview

2 phone screens with recruiter, 1 on 1 inperson with manager, then offer was made. The inperson was all about telling him what I knew about web page creation. Asked me general questions and gave me some examples to work on.

Software QA Test Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA) in February 2013.

Interview

Phone Interview, then Face to face, with 2 or 3 people. Usually at Agency.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at HCL ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

easy but regret taking the job.

SDET2 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA) in February 2013.

Interview

It was a typical technical interview process. HR picked up my resume and contacted me for an SDET position. Tech phone screen and then an onsite interview loop with the client team.

Interview Questions

• WAP to Convert string to integer and string to float without using inbuilt functions.
      WAP to Count the number of words in a sentence.
      WAP to Compare differences between two files.
      WAP to output a combined string that contains all unique letters from two given strings.
      Reverse a string in place.
      Answer Question

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA) in August 2012.

Interview

I had a phone interview that was non technical with an HR lady. She asked me about my experience and what I wanted to accomplish on the job. I then went in for an all day interview where I spent most of the time solving problems in a group setting. At the end I was grabbed for a one on one to answer a few questions on the whiteboard. Basic questions involving data structures, string manipulation, and OOP principles

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was a salary offer that wasn't really negotiable. I did have another offer at the time but it was less so I decided to go with this one.