HCL Technologies Interview Questions in Redmond, WA | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 27, 2017

2.6

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

Written Test:
    Arrive at site, check in with security and wait for the late candidates to arrive. You sit down with a written test already in front of you, one side for SQL questions and other for .NET (You choose which test you want to take). You could tell people were unprepared, taking pictures of the test and looking up answers on their phones as well. You're timed for the written test, then you stay around for about an hour while they grade it. They call names, you're either sent home for not doing well enough of they call you for your first technical interview.

1st Interview: One-on-One
    They ask you to write SQL queries and explain a little bit of your background. Interviewer was pretty friendly and actually helped me through some questions I could not answer. If you pass they send you to another room for the possible candidates to wait in.

2nd Interview: One-on-One
    Same as first, just different scenarios for which you will write SQL queries for. Also friendly interviewer but he was going through emails while interviewing which was kind of rude.

From another interviewer, I was told there is another interview after with HR but my recruiter didn't give me that information prior so i'm not sure if that is true.

After my two interviews I was told they would contact me within a week to let me know if I was chosen for the position. I didn't hear anything back so I contacted my recruiter for a follow up and didn't receive anything.

Rating interview experience negative for heavily lacking professionalism.

Interview Questions

• If you had two tables, how you would DELETE a similar field existing in both tables?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

If you have real-world professional web development experience and did not recently graduate with a bunch of programming knowledge from college that you will never use, I wouldn't bother with this interview process. Don't waste your Saturday. I ended up just walking out to go home and work on my current ASP.NET MVC project.

I was told there would be a .NET/C# exam by one of their recruiters. Instead, it was one of those pointless exams asking old college questions about contiguous integers, and pouring different amounts of liquid from various jars to reach the desired amount. I'm surprised that they didn't ask me why manhole covers are round. Apparently they think they are Google. As soon as I saw the test, I knew it was a joke. If you want to see how "creative" I am, look at the work I have produced professionally and ask me questions about those projects.

Red flags I ignored: 1. They wouldn't even work with my salary requirements. 2. Saturday interview. 3. Bad reviews from current/former employees.

If you recently graduated college and have no professional coding/engineering experience, this might be right for you to get your foot in the door, but I would be wary, the employee reviews are still bad.

Interview Questions

• I have three water jugs, one with 10 liters another with 5 and another with 6, how do i get 8 liters on the first one?   4 Answers

C# Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

They herded all applicants, of which there were approximately forty, to a written test. The instructions said that we can use pseudocode to solve the problems, but halfway through the test, they said that they wanted actual code, which takes longer to write correctly.

Interview Questions

• Write a program that determines whether a game of tic-tac-toe has been won.   1 Answer

Web Developer for Microsoft Client Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Got a call from a consultancy for opening at HCL America for Microsoft client. They setup the interview after 2 days at 11 a.m.
    I reached there half hr early and was asked to wait at the cafeteria.
    After around 20-25 mins, they called me for the interview round.
    It was whiteboard interview and all technical.

Still waiting for response from the recruiter about the offer.

Interview Questions

• 1. Brief about your work experience   Answer Question
    • 2. write a code to print first n even numbers   1 Answer
    • 3. write a code to return the sum of digits of a number   Answer Question
    • 4. Write an sql query to display employee name and manager name from Employee Table   2 Answers
    • 5. For the following table structure:
      Create Table tbl( A int, B int)
      Insert into tbl values ( 0,1)
      Insert into tbl values ( 1, 0)

what is wrong with this query:
      Select A B from tbl   1 Answer
    • 6.difference between Store procedures and functions   1 Answer
    • 7.how many primary keys allowed on 1 table and why?   1 Answer

Java Developer for (HCL/AT & T) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

I was called by multiple recruiters (KRG, C2S, Connexions) for this position and was sent mixed messages on starting salary and interview process. All of the recruiters were from India and were difficult to talk to. When I asked them if they knew about each other, they either changed the subject or ignored the question. After a week, one of them asked if I could come for an interview the next day on a Saturday (Less than an 18 hour notice).

I hesitantly agreed. However the next day, 2 hours before the interview, I was called by 2 different recruiters who didn't even acknowledge that I had been asked to come in today. Instead they just asked me to come the next week on a Thursday or Saturday.

It was at this point I told them I was no longer interested.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

The worst and rudest interview process. They mislead you to think its an interview but really its a hiring event with 30 other people. They make you take a written test and then grade it for literally 2 hours while everyone waits. No communication about what takes so long or anything. Everyone was super mad.

Java/J2EE Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Called for walk in drive. Around 80 people attended. 1st round was written test. Which has very basic questions on Java. 2nd round was technical interview and 3rd round is again technical. Then comes the final Hr round. Don't attend this company interviews. Waste of time. They made me wait from 10 am to 5pm. They bargain on salary offer based on your visa status. two guys told me that they are taking me and I have to work for them . Where as HR told me he can confirm it after two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Array representation in Java   Answer Question
    • Spring default scope   1 Answer
    • How to remove all elements from hashmap   1 Answer
    • Sample exception handling questions like how to handle an exception when there is no catch , what does finally does   1 Answer

Build Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

start with a phone conversation and we spook about the offer and going through the job descriptions,
    then an official interview with the team,
    Very good the interviewers are so friendly with me and it grouse good and perfect

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview started late and seemed disorganized from the start. I went in for Java Developer (Fresher) but instead was asked if I was interested in Devops positions. They pressured me to answer during the interview, even though I had only just learned of the job. Shortly after while I taking a test for the Java position they told me I could leave. I didn't even get a chance for the developer position. It seems like they didn't tell me exactly what I was going in to interview for and made me look bad coming in for one position when in fact they needed another position filled.

Content Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA).

Interview

2 phone screens with recruiter, 1 on 1 inperson with manager, then offer was made. The inperson was all about telling him what I knew about web page creation. Asked me general questions and gave me some examples to work on.