HCL Technologies Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 28, 2017

2.8

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

Had two round of interviews with senior managers. It was casual conversation...they asked me about my past experiences.
But there was very poor communication in between interviews. They would ask my availability and not get back to me for weeks.
I had a bad feeling about the company from the interview process. I was right - the company: its communication, culture etc is aweful.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiation my salary a little bit. They reluctantly gave me a small increase from the initial offer

Other Interview Reviews for HCL Technologies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (San Francisco, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

It started with an HR call followed by the Technical Lead and Competency HEad Interview. It was also around the Client for which I have been considered. Overall the profile matches the requirement was communicated to me.

Interview Questions

• What are different type of Waste in a Business Process?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2013.

Interview

Relatively easy,just asked the basic concepts. Had 2 rounds of telephonic interview and then a skype with the hiring manager.
    then had another round with client, which is not mandatory with every client. But before client round, offer was released

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2012.

Interview

Can be tedious as there are a few levels to go through. There was a screening process, two technical interviews by phone and then a final phone call with the group lead to assess the appropriate project. There was chunks of time in between these steps due to availability of interviewer. Overall, the process was appropriate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2011.

Interview

The process started out with a phone interview on campus. A few days later I was invited to interview in NJ with a few other candidates from my university and other universities. We were asked to prepare a presentation on a question they had selected and have it ready for when we arrived. The interview process involved multiple one on ones and a group case project. In all it took the whole day.

Interview Questions

• Preparing the initial presentation. It involved a lot of additional research and work in a short time frame.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies in June 2010.

Interview

I was referred internally and did not go through the technical interview process with the hiring manager - which in retrospect was a mistake. Don't forget, the process is for the potential employee as well. Overall, it was a very valuable experience. I would still join the company

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

Telephonic interview with HR and Technical panel
    Direct interview with the manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was decent

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Noida (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

2 or more technical interviews were held. Both were 1st round of interview for different projects. I have no point of contact even though I told the interviewer multiple times to provide the same. Got a call of HR after a month for HR round. In this 1 month I didn't receive a mail, call from there side.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions based upon your skillset.   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Noida (India)) in October 2013.

Interview

it was quick process, as the requirement was urgent, first round was technical telephonic , second round was face to face and it was technical cum managerial , then Salary negotiation over phone . i had two or three telephonic discussion over phone for salary and designation .
    Try to join at before start of new quarter , it will help in appraisal cycle

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

3 rounds of interview