HCL Technologies Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 23, 2017

2.8

95 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

Good interview process with technical round with focus on strong technical skill and also management round with more project orientation.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for HCL Technologies

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Chennai (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

I got a call from one of the HR's to come for a F2F interview on Saturday. The HR asked me about my expected CTC and I told her what I wanted. I demanded 70% but she said they can give upto 60%. Anyway I accepted and went for the interview. There, they made me wait for two hours and the contact person comes upto me and asked if I was willing to work in production support or am I willing to relocate to another location. I said no to both and told them that I was called for this interview for a Developer position in my current location. I was then again asked to wait for an hour. Then they called me to write a coding test in computer. Although the test was challenging, there was no proper invigilation or anything. I could see people opening the IDE to find the answers and some were also Googling for the answers. I cleared the test and was told that I will be called during the weekdays for the second round. Two days later, a HR called me and told me that they can proceed with my application only for a hike of 25%. Even the tone , the HR spoke was really rude. It was more like a 'only if you need to'. I said staying in my company for 3 more months will actually get me that hike and that I do not wish to ever consider HCL for any opportunity in the future and hung up. I had other company interviews on Saturday, but I chose HCL over them only because they had a good reputation inside me. But this behavior of theirs is really bad.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Noida (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

Pathetic experience. They wasted so many weekends for me. They schedule your interview on weekends and they at last minute will say it got postponed to Monday. Advise to all, please don't waste your weekends for this company.
    The questions they asked on the phone were pretty straightforward and easy. I gave all the answers but still after wasting my 1 months or so they said the response is not positive.
    They won't even given you a response in case they don't like you, the lady HR should have some curtsy to give a response to the person who is giving their interview for last 1 month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

Attended one written test at their Hebbal office. There are 6 question in a paper which we need to write code in any language. Problem are straightforward but during writing the code we must need to take care all boundary condition.

Interview Questions

• Write your own atoi with handling special cases also ? For example “123” = 123.
      Write a function to check palindrome in a linked list.
      Write a function to create mirror for a tree.
      Find if there is a merging point between two linked list.
      Write a function to check if there is any possible path in a 2D matrix.
      Write a function to check if two string are anagram or not.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the Recruiter through email. I attended the weekend drive on May 2017.
    Interview is not that much difficult If you are good in basics and some programming logical skills it was good enough to crack the interview.The Technical Panel are good, I have cleared the 2 Technical rounds after waiting for more than 4 hrs .
    Finally HR round . HR asked about some details and salary expectations,I was informed that in a day or two we will contact about the further process.
    Even after repeated reminders for more than 2 weeks no response from HR/Recruiter.

Do not waste the candidates precious time if you guys are not ready to release offer letter.

Interview Questions

• C#.Net ,OOPS.MVC.WEB API,Design Patterns questions   1 Answer

They haven't dared to release my offer letter . Even after a month also no response from HR after the HR round

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Chennai (India)).

Interview

Went through online tests for PLSQL, followed by F2F percent n technical, and then asked to take another online test in SQL before heading to HR discussion all in the same day.
    The questions were very easy in online SQL and average in F2F and difficult in online PLSQL.
    Had to spend the whole day at the venue for the interview process. Finally submitted docs and filled form and was asked to wait for a week to recieve a call from HR on further process.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Noida (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HCL SEC 61 noida.
    Interview
    The interview process was given by company's HR.The question was based on subjective and non subjective type.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview Process was good .The questions what they asked during interview are average types. All are direct questions on concepts and projects.
    There were two rounds.
    1. Technical questions on concepts and some sample code
    2. Brief about the projects and roles on that.

Interview Questions

• They asked about projects what we have done.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

They have 365 days requriement whenever u go ,no issue.,you will get 2/5 km queue.
    For add only they are calling candidate.There will be no panel or they do the time pass by asking some question and go home.

Interview Questions

• There will be no panel or they are doing the time pass.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Noida (India)).

Interview

Process took around 45 days.
    It happened in 4 rounds,
    Comm skills, technical, managerial and hr round

Interview process was smooth and was selected.
    Technical round comprised of bit coding and overall it was average.

Interview Questions

• It was basic questions.
      Some coding questions. All basic one.   1 Answer