HCL Technologies Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 19, 2017

2.8

105 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Bellevue, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

common previous job experience questions, and only asked one easy programming question, lasts for like 30 minutes. and then HR talked to me about 10 minutes about the benefits, I have like 1 day to decide

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for HCL Technologies

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

Good interview process with technical round with focus on strong technical skill and also management round with more project orientation.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Interview process consist of 3 technical rounds and then HR round.
    First technical was face to face , very basic questions have been asked and it's not big deal to clear.
    Second technical, was telephonic within their premises. It was more detailed one.
    Later on they told me I'll be getting a client call for last technical round.
    After clearing client round, there is HR round.
    Even after clearing all rounds of my interview, I've not get my offer letter. I've followed-up with HR till almost a month but nothing helped.

Interview Questions

• Question were related to my skill set only. No any unexpected question.   1 Answer
    • Question were related to my skill set only. No any unexpected question.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Went for UI developer opening. It was a drive. First one technical on JavaScript & CSS. Clearing that was moved to next level technical for Angular JS. Cleared both. Then telephonic technical round with client. In HR round they kept a twist.

Interview Questions

• Questions were based on what technology you mentioned in your resume.
      Angular JS:
      Services
      Custom Directive
      Factory
      Comiple & link   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Noida (India)).

Interview

Interviewing just to show that they are present, never wanted to hire anyone. Ate up whole day of 100+ candidates present there and haven't selected progressed after round 2 even with a single one.

Not at all candidate friendly environment, canteen was closed, they didn't had extra pens or proper lighting, not allowed to take bags, think that people coming for interview are idiot and will wait life long for a stupid round of written paper/verbal discussion.

Interview Questions

• Write program to remove 0's from array.
      Literally IDIOTIC question and they asked many 4+ experienced ones to leave based on the solution of this.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Pune (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a walkin interview with two technical rounds and the final one is HR.
    But the panel I would say was below technical average specially one girl was there in a panel.
    She didnt know about new framework and whats going on in the market and what people should ask to get the right employee in there organisation.
    After asking 2 3 silly questions she has rejected me whose answer only she might be knowing.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Hyderabad (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

I have attended the interview through consultancy at HCL. I process was normal like written test, technical round and final HR. They are asking us to write the program and queries and finally asking us to explain and y used it...

Interview Questions

• 1. Write a program to find a duplicates in an arraylist.
      2. Check the string is a palimdrom or not
      3. write a queries to find a 2nd high salary from the employee table
      4. Write a program to count the string length without using built in fns
      5. Servlet filter and real time example
      6. collections questions
      etc.....   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

very badly planned, selected but no offer. worst experience
    very badly planned, selected but no offer. worst experience

Interview Questions

• very badly planned
      very badly planned, selected but no offer. worst experience
      Waited for the whole day. I went to the office at 10 am, and was interviewed at 7 pm   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Chennai (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

I got a call from one of the HR's to come for a F2F interview on Saturday. The HR asked me about my expected CTC and I told her what I wanted. I demanded 70% but she said they can give upto 60%. Anyway I accepted and went for the interview. There, they made me wait for two hours and the contact person comes upto me and asked if I was willing to work in production support or am I willing to relocate to another location. I said no to both and told them that I was called for this interview for a Developer position in my current location. I was then again asked to wait for an hour. Then they called me to write a coding test in computer. Although the test was challenging, there was no proper invigilation or anything. I could see people opening the IDE to find the answers and some were also Googling for the answers. I cleared the test and was told that I will be called during the weekdays for the second round. Two days later, a HR called me and told me that they can proceed with my application only for a hike of 25%. Even the tone , the HR spoke was really rude. It was more like a 'only if you need to'. I said staying in my company for 3 more months will actually get me that hike and that I do not wish to ever consider HCL for any opportunity in the future and hung up. I had other company interviews on Saturday, but I chose HCL over them only because they had a good reputation inside me. But this behavior of theirs is really bad.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Noida (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

Pathetic experience. They wasted so many weekends for me. They schedule your interview on weekends and they at last minute will say it got postponed to Monday. Advise to all, please don't waste your weekends for this company.
    The questions they asked on the phone were pretty straightforward and easy. I gave all the answers but still after wasting my 1 months or so they said the response is not positive.
    They won't even given you a response in case they don't like you, the lady HR should have some curtsy to give a response to the person who is giving their interview for last 1 month.