HCL Technologies Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HCL Technologies Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 1, 2017

2.8

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

Good interview process with technical round with focus on strong technical skill and also management round with more project orientation.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for HCL Technologies

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Chennai (India)).

Interview

Went through online tests for PLSQL, followed by F2F percent n technical, and then asked to take another online test in SQL before heading to HR discussion all in the same day.
    The questions were very easy in online SQL and average in F2F and difficult in online PLSQL.
    Had to spend the whole day at the venue for the interview process. Finally submitted docs and filled form and was asked to wait for a week to recieve a call from HR on further process.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Noida (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HCL SEC 61 noida.
    Interview
    The interview process was given by company's HR.The question was based on subjective and non subjective type.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview Process was good .The questions what they asked during interview are average types. All are direct questions on concepts and projects.
    There were two rounds.
    1. Technical questions on concepts and some sample code
    2. Brief about the projects and roles on that.

Interview Questions

• They asked about projects what we have done.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

They have 365 days requriement whenever u go ,no issue.,you will get 2/5 km queue.
    For add only they are calling candidate.There will be no panel or they do the time pass by asking some question and go home.

Interview Questions

• There will be no panel or they are doing the time pass.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Noida (India)).

Interview

Process took around 45 days.
    It happened in 4 rounds,
    Comm skills, technical, managerial and hr round

Interview process was smooth and was selected.
    Technical round comprised of bit coding and overall it was average.

Interview Questions

• It was basic questions.
      Some coding questions. All basic one.
      1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Chennai (India)).

Interview

I have Joined as a fresher... it has three rounds...Aptitude round, technical round and hr round. Aptitude round took 2 hours to complete. Combination of verbal, English, non verbal and technical.. Technical round couple of algorithms and project work

Interview Questions

• Couple of algorithms, projects which I have done in final year and location constraint   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Pune (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was supposed to be scheduled interview on 13/11/2016 but was kept waiting from morning 10:30 a.m. to evening 7 p.m.No round was conducted till 5 p.m. Hundreds of people were kept waiting. Multiple interviews for various skills were going on. Nobody was concerned about the candidates waiting. Poor HR guys were also burdened with the large number of candidates waiting. Some of the people who had come earlier had to wait coz their resumes were misplaced. Very poor management. No food or refreshment was provided. Extremely disappointing when such big names treat candidates so poorly. By the time my turn came the recruiter was already bored and was in a hurry to leave. The required number of candidates had already been frozen. That day decided never to go for big companies on weekends sheer wastage of time.

Interview Questions

• Round 1
      1) What are extension methods?
      2) What are reflections?
      (You can easily import namespace and import.)
      3) Write a program to swipe 2 numbers without third variable.
      4) A form with 2 buttons how to postback for both buttons?
      5) If we have name property to both buttons what happens then?
      6) Bind 2 models to a single view?
      7) When we use a partial view?
      8) Syntax for showing partial view?
      9) Types of action filters?
      10) Difference in MVC 2.0 and 4.0?
      11) Why do you use WCF?
      12) SQL query: Convert male to female and viceversa

Round 2
      1) Tell me about client interaction in ur project?
      2) AngularJs MVC4
      3) Roles and responsibility in project
      4) Difference in MVC and angularJS
      5) How do you call services in angular?
      6) In MVC you get a model from webservice returned how do you do similar in angularjs? i.e assign values from service to model back?
      7) What is service

3 sam 300

9) Jquery

Textbox1: Tom
      Textbox2: Hardy

On submit click display Hello Tom Hardy.

10) SQL Merge
      11) Used defined function type
      Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process contains 2 Technical and 1 HR interview. All round is conducted on same day. Interview was average and has been asked technologies written on resume. Careful when you write on CV

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

Everything went very good still the outcome was just opposite

The interviewer was quite friendly and inter-active. He asked me to explain on my projects and was quite impressed with my explanation as he told me several times that I am quite good in explaining, more technical than he is, even he couldn't speak with same intensity till that long as my interview was of 45 mins and finally he was most impressed of my communication skills.

At the end of the interview he asked me if I have any questions but I didn't ask anything but he keep on briefing about their projects and how the work is going on daily basis, what specifically required in their project.

Even he told me that the processing will be quite fast and the next round will be taken by his manager and he suggested me on the topics to focus on. And finally asked me to wait outside for the result.

After 2 mins the person who called my name for the interview told me that I am not selected; I was really unsure what might be the reason for this as I haven't seen any indication from the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• 1. About Project
      2. Basic Concepts of OOPS