HCL Technologies Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HCL Technologies Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at HCL Technologies

2.8

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Hyderabad (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

I have attended the interview through consultancy at HCL. I process was normal like written test, technical round and final HR. They are asking us to write the program and queries and finally asking us to explain and y used it...

Interview Questions

• 1. Write a program to find a duplicates in an arraylist.
    2. Check the string is a palimdrom or not
    3. write a queries to find a 2nd high salary from the employee table
    4. Write a program to count the string length without using built in fns
    5. Servlet filter and real time example
    6. collections questions
    etc.....   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for HCL Technologies

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

very badly planned, selected but no offer. worst experience
    very badly planned, selected but no offer. worst experience

Interview Questions

• very badly planned
      very badly planned, selected but no offer. worst experience
      Waited for the whole day. I went to the office at 10 am, and was interviewed at 7 pm   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

Attended one written test at their Hebbal office. There are 6 question in a paper which we need to write code in any language. Problem are straightforward but during writing the code we must need to take care all boundary condition.

Interview Questions

• Write your own atoi with handling special cases also ? For example “123” = 123.
      Write a function to check palindrome in a linked list.
      Write a function to create mirror for a tree.
      Find if there is a merging point between two linked list.
      Write a function to check if there is any possible path in a 2D matrix.
      Write a function to check if two string are anagram or not.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Noida (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

Pathetic experience. They wasted so many weekends for me. They schedule your interview on weekends and they at last minute will say it got postponed to Monday. Advise to all, please don't waste your weekends for this company.
    The questions they asked on the phone were pretty straightforward and easy. I gave all the answers but still after wasting my 1 months or so they said the response is not positive.
    They won't even given you a response in case they don't like you, the lady HR should have some curtsy to give a response to the person who is giving their interview for last 1 month.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Chennai (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

I got a call from one of the HR's to come for a F2F interview on Saturday. The HR asked me about my expected CTC and I told her what I wanted. I demanded 70% but she said they can give upto 60%. Anyway I accepted and went for the interview. There, they made me wait for two hours and the contact person comes upto me and asked if I was willing to work in production support or am I willing to relocate to another location. I said no to both and told them that I was called for this interview for a Developer position in my current location. I was then again asked to wait for an hour. Then they called me to write a coding test in computer. Although the test was challenging, there was no proper invigilation or anything. I could see people opening the IDE to find the answers and some were also Googling for the answers. I cleared the test and was told that I will be called during the weekdays for the second round. Two days later, a HR called me and told me that they can proceed with my application only for a hike of 25%. Even the tone , the HR spoke was really rude. It was more like a 'only if you need to'. I said staying in my company for 3 more months will actually get me that hike and that I do not wish to ever consider HCL for any opportunity in the future and hung up. I had other company interviews on Saturday, but I chose HCL over them only because they had a good reputation inside me. But this behavior of theirs is really bad.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview Process was good .The questions what they asked during interview are average types. All are direct questions on concepts and projects.
    There were two rounds.
    1. Technical questions on concepts and some sample code
    2. Brief about the projects and roles on that.

Interview Questions

• They asked about projects what we have done.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Pune (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was supposed to be scheduled interview on 13/11/2016 but was kept waiting from morning 10:30 a.m. to evening 7 p.m.No round was conducted till 5 p.m. Hundreds of people were kept waiting. Multiple interviews for various skills were going on. Nobody was concerned about the candidates waiting. Poor HR guys were also burdened with the large number of candidates waiting. Some of the people who had come earlier had to wait coz their resumes were misplaced. Very poor management. No food or refreshment was provided. Extremely disappointing when such big names treat candidates so poorly. By the time my turn came the recruiter was already bored and was in a hurry to leave. The required number of candidates had already been frozen. That day decided never to go for big companies on weekends sheer wastage of time.

Interview Questions

• Round 1
      1) What are extension methods?
      2) What are reflections?
      (You can easily import namespace and import.)
      3) Write a program to swipe 2 numbers without third variable.
      4) A form with 2 buttons how to postback for both buttons?
      5) If we have name property to both buttons what happens then?
      6) Bind 2 models to a single view?
      7) When we use a partial view?
      8) Syntax for showing partial view?
      9) Types of action filters?
      10) Difference in MVC 2.0 and 4.0?
      11) Why do you use WCF?
      12) SQL query: Convert male to female and viceversa

Round 2
      1) Tell me about client interaction in ur project?
      2) AngularJs MVC4
      3) Roles and responsibility in project
      4) Difference in MVC and angularJS
      5) How do you call services in angular?
      6) In MVC you get a model from webservice returned how do you do similar in angularjs? i.e assign values from service to model back?
      7) What is service

3 sam 300

9) Jquery

Textbox1: Tom
      Textbox2: Hardy

On submit click display Hello Tom Hardy.

10) SQL Merge
      11) Used defined function type   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Chennai (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

They will conduct online technical test and once we through then we should attend face to face technical round if interviewer feels like average then they will go for one more technical

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Chennai (India)).

Interview

Went through online tests for PLSQL, followed by F2F percent n technical, and then asked to take another online test in SQL before heading to HR discussion all in the same day.
    The questions were very easy in online SQL and average in F2F and difficult in online PLSQL.
    Had to spend the whole day at the venue for the interview process. Finally submitted docs and filled form and was asked to wait for a week to recieve a call from HR on further process.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process contains 2 Technical and 1 HR interview. All round is conducted on same day. Interview was average and has been asked technologies written on resume. Careful when you write on CV