HCL Technologies Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HCL Technologies Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Newark, NJ) in December 2014.

Interview

Phone calls and Skype. I got several phones and discussions with several people from the company. And set up phone and Skype interview. I found the interview wasn't so hard. It looked like they were looking to hire many people as possible not the quality and real willing of the candid.

Interview Questions

• Brief questions about software life cycle and also programming skills.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for HCL Technologies

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

It was an interview conducted on-campus for Java developer position. There ware 2 rounds.

The first one was a one to one HR interview. Just the usual questions.

The second round was group interview. The interviewer tested many areas, which included knowledge in the subjects, performance in a team/group, general knowledge and interests in extra-curricula.

I gave the interview about two years ago. So I don't remember the questions asked. But both rounds were easy. The interviewers were very nice and made me feel relaxed and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Questions about extra-curricular interests and general knowledge   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA) in March 2012.

Interview

Interview done by someone who didn't know what I would be assigned to so it was very general. Overall It was fine I think it would have been better if they had known the group I would be with ahead of time and had someone from their interview me but maybe this was not possible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Bothell, WA) in February 2011.

Interview

Had 1 phone interview on Java and 1 phone interview on Pl/SQL , I thought I did the Java interview better than the Pl/SQL one , but i was told by thm as feedback later tat the person who did the PlL/SQL interview said I did good while the person who did the Java interview said I was average. Finally they gave the feedback that they were looking for a person who is much more strong in Pl/SQL, which was shocking to me.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Chennai (India)).

Interview

I applied online and interviewed at HCL (chennai) in March 2017.

Interview
    I had 2 technical interview rounds. I was validated in core java multi threading spring and hibernate concepts and
    difference between hash map and set, interfaces and abstract class, Spring MVC and Spring webflow, basic SQL statements,
    Web services like soap and rest.

Interview Questions

• Enquired about my current project, roles and responsibilities   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

HCL has got the worst recruiting process ever, they have asked people to come in between 9:30 to 1:30 as it was a walk-in. They made people sit idle till 3:00 PM, when asked about interview timing they are making excuses that panelists are busy and all that. Coming to the actual interview part, he has asked questions regarding Java language and Hibernate, which I have answered correctly, after ten minutes he says that I'm done with you and you can leave for the day. If they are not serious about the interview why even bother asking people to attend the interview with such a unorganized procedure.

Interview Questions

• 1. how to make a class singleton
      2. how to make a class immutable
      3. why entity annotation is used in JPA
      4. is ID mandatory for entity class
      5. save vs persist in hibernate
      6. lifecycle of an object in hibernate.
      1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Chennai (India)).

Interview

Good and little bit tough,it completely depends on the panel.,The Panel will have at least 1-2 people and may question technology with domain,Once the interview is done , HR round will be there

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Interview consists of 2 technical rounds followed by a HR round..First round was tough though..second round in my case based on the comments from the first round interviewer.
    HR is just a salary and joining date negotiation.

Interview Questions

• Mostly based on current project roles and responsibilities.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Noida (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

Written Test, Technical Round, Another Technical Round, HR Round and then After two days as it was saturday and sunday so got pre offer on monday but not till writing this got offer letter

Interview Questions

• Most of them are very easy   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Sunday there was an interview conducted by hcl for c#.net. The first round was technical test which had 30 Qs, pretty easy. Then 2nd round was f2f technical. The panel asked to write code with proper syntax on paper. Logic and concept was not important for them.