HCL Technologies Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 12, 2017

2.6

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Grand Rapids, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

Had a phone call.After that F2F interview held.They have gone through resume and asked about all the technologies used in current project and what you have done in your current project

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for HCL Technologies

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Newark, NJ) in December 2014.

Interview

Phone calls and Skype. I got several phones and discussions with several people from the company. And set up phone and Skype interview. I found the interview wasn't so hard. It looked like they were looking to hire many people as possible not the quality and real willing of the candid.

Interview Questions

• Brief questions about software life cycle and also programming skills.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

It was an interview conducted on-campus for Java developer position. There ware 2 rounds.

The first one was a one to one HR interview. Just the usual questions.

The second round was group interview. The interviewer tested many areas, which included knowledge in the subjects, performance in a team/group, general knowledge and interests in extra-curricula.

I gave the interview about two years ago. So I don't remember the questions asked. But both rounds were easy. The interviewers were very nice and made me feel relaxed and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Questions about extra-curricular interests and general knowledge   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA) in March 2012.

Interview

Interview done by someone who didn't know what I would be assigned to so it was very general. Overall It was fine I think it would have been better if they had known the group I would be with ahead of time and had someone from their interview me but maybe this was not possible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Bothell, WA) in February 2011.

Interview

Had 1 phone interview on Java and 1 phone interview on Pl/SQL , I thought I did the Java interview better than the Pl/SQL one , but i was told by thm as feedback later tat the person who did the PlL/SQL interview said I did good while the person who did the Java interview said I was average. Finally they gave the feedback that they were looking for a person who is much more strong in Pl/SQL, which was shocking to me.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vellore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Vellore (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

On campus, First round was aptitude and technical. Was fairly easy to get through.
    The first interview round was technical, wasn't really asked any technical questions though. Apart from one about SEO because of my projects.
    Next round was HR, was only asked to tell them about myself, and if I'm fine with the company terms. I wasn't and hence rejected the offer.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore (India)

Application

Interview

1 Pen and paper based aptitude test
     Total 80 questions
    40 technical
    40 aptitude
    Questions will be basic only
    2 Technical Interview
    3 HR Round
    18 months bond and 4.75 ctc
    They will also ask you to rate yourself on some of the new technologies.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vellore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Vellore (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a 3step process.
    1st round: Pen and paper test, OS, DBMS, N/W, Data structures question mostly
    2nd round: Technical Interview
                    Based on your resume and some data structures and DBMS question.
    3rd Round: HR

Interview Questions

• Based on your project and java.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

There were 3 rounds, for the process.
    First being online aptitude test with maths, puzzles and OOPS/Programming questions.
    Second was the technical interview with basic questions of OOPS and some java concepts like comparator.
    Final was the HR Round.

Interview Questions

• Technical:
      Write for and foreach loop in java?
      Difference between comparable and comparator ?
      Traverse a List of objects
      Basic OOPS concepts

HR Round
      Why do you want to join HCL ?
      Are you willing to relocate ?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Interview

They contact me by phone for a Junior developer position. I asked them what programming languages should know before the interview but they didn't said much. Only said that this is a general interview.