HCL Technologies Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.7

391 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

If you have real-world professional web development experience and did not recently graduate with a bunch of programming knowledge from college that you will never use, I wouldn't bother with this interview process. Don't waste your Saturday. I ended up just walking out to go home and work on my current ASP.NET MVC project.

I was told there would be a .NET/C# exam by one of their recruiters. Instead, it was one of those pointless exams asking old college questions about contiguous integers, and pouring different amounts of liquid from various jars to reach the desired amount. I'm surprised that they didn't ask me why manhole covers are round. Apparently they think they are Google. As soon as I saw the test, I knew it was a joke. If you want to see how "creative" I am, look at the work I have produced professionally and ask me questions about those projects.

Red flags I ignored: 1. They wouldn't even work with my salary requirements. 2. Saturday interview. 3. Bad reviews from current/former employees.

If you recently graduated college and have no professional coding/engineering experience, this might be right for you to get your foot in the door, but I would be wary, the employee reviews are still bad.

Interview Questions

• I have three water jugs, one with 10 liters another with 5 and another with 6, how do i get 8 liters on the first one?   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for HCL Technologies

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

Applied through college campus recruitment.
    First round was a written test of aptitude MCQs.
    After qualifying the test,interview was conducted by HR.Interview was around my background and basic oops concepts

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

**WORST EXPERIENCE EVER**
    Two rounds of Interview.
    1st round: Some basic questions from Java/J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, RESTful over skype
    2nd round: Some behavioral questions over skype
    they confirmed me after few days and asked details for bgv verification. They told me you will get joining letter 1 or 2 days. I resigned from my company after confirmation. He kept telling me you will receive joining letter tomorrow or maximum in this week. He rarely picked my call and never replied to my email. After a month, he picked my call and told me we are not hiring. This could be the worst think ever can happen with me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

The worst and rudest interview process. They mislead you to think its an interview but really its a hiring event with 30 other people. They make you take a written test and then grade it for literally 2 hours while everyone waits. No communication about what takes so long or anything. Everyone was super mad.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

College requirement process in 2010. First round was online aptitude test. Second round was technical and HR round. Second round started with tell me about yourself followed by questions in data structures,cryptography, c basic questions ,C++ questions (operator overloading..), java program.General questions like "Are you OK if you are placed (job location)anywhere in India".

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

It's definitely one of the weirdest tech interview I had so far. First the interview is on a Saturday, I didn't think it's a big deal even though that's not normal for a tech company. I found out why after I arrived on site. There are about 70 to 80 people waiting in the lobby, seems like they pick the weekend so they have space for that many people. Here's the thing, they gave out PAPER TEST to groups around 20, and they grade them BY HAND. The waiting period is not pleasant. For a company that focusing on automation, you can see the irony here. The process is extremely inefficient, the pretty much did the phone screen and/or tech screen on paper, which can be done OVER THE PHONE or WEBEX, I mean, some technology that's not a paper test, that will save everyone lots time and travel cost. I guess the biggest problem is the recruiter, which failed to inform candidate about their process, I think it will be less disappointing if you know what to expect before driving over an hour to attend a phone screen.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

This was a mass interview event at a hotel's conference rooms, about 30 people, more trickled in as the day passed, but found out those weren't all there for the same position. Our group, the first, 9am, was there for this one position. Started off with everyone taking a quick multiple choice basic code/skills test, some got picked off. Then a quick writing/introduction test, more were eliminated. Easy so far. Shuffled into another room as we waited for a 2 on 1 personal interview. Mostly talking about background experience and some more basic skills questions, and more eliminated. They really tried to drill you and probe for weaknesses and they're not shy about it, berating even, one interviewer acted like he was about to flip the table!!! Now down to about 5 of us. Final round of a 4 on 1 interview with some personality and algorithm questions, then they decide there if you are in or not, done. 3pm. Oh, no lunch, just drinks, I had some hunger pains when I left.... Overall, I enjoyed that I got to meet some other cool interviewees, otherwise, the interviewers were looking for some people to whip into action.

Interview Questions

• basic java code and classes, searching and sorting algorithms, and anger/stress-induced psychological test, bad cop/good cop stuff.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The HR at the interview panel asked me only few questions from microprocessor, basics of C etc. The questions were easy and the experience was very good. It was very professional and they gave the result in 1 day.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Nashville, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

They were hiring multiple people for the position. It was a mass interview event, lots of candidates (used in & out like cattle). Most of the interviews flew in from out of state & some were from affiliated company's not HCL. I Spoke with 2 different people for about 15 minutes each. It appeared that if the first person you talked to thought you did well you were passed onto the next. My interview was at the end of the day and I was not able to speak to a 3rd person from HCL to get any questions answered,about the position as they had all left to go to the airport.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations - I was emailed an acceptance package with the details. I had to agree to a salary amount through the recrutor before my interview

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Got placed in HCL technologies through campus placements in the year 2011, my final year. We had aptitude test conducted initially, which had 4 sections, logical, reasoning, verbal, programming. after clearing the first round, we had Technical+HR interview round. Technical questions from the electronics and communication branch were asked since, we were from EC background.