HCL Technologies Tech Lead Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HCL Technologies Tech Lead Interview Questions

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Point, PA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (West Point, PA) in December 2011.

Interview

I partook in a "weekend" interview for the job role. They were very courteous to let me know when they would be calling. Only the first interview was all of 10 minutes long asking simple hr questions. The second interview the following day was more or less a repeat of the first, lasting about 30 minutes long. The fact that they did not verify my technical skills was a bit worrying. I was thinking, "If they don't screen very well, then what will my coworkers be like?" Anyway, I thought they weren't interested but the following week they had an offer 10 k less than my asking salary.

While I haven't officially declined it yet, I'm seriously considering it. I'll update this once I've made my decision.

Other Interview Reviews for HCL Technologies

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA) in November 2010.

Interview

Starts with telephonic round which has some tasks and technical questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Stick on to a reasonable offer.HCL is not a good paymaster and try to keep the salary as low as possible

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Cary, NC) in June 2010.

Interview

Recruiters have you take a skill assessment test to determine your level of knowledge. Meet with recruiter and hiring manager for different projects

Interview Questions

• The always popular behavior question of "describe a difficult scenario that you fought through in your current job"   Answer Question

Negotiation

With mine the negotiation was with a recruiter with a background in India culture. He acted like the below average salary offered was the best he could do

Tech Lead Interview

Interview

They took entire day for just two technical round. After that I was expecting HR round. Then also I did not get any response for next two week from the HR team and finally they call me and asked me to attend another telephonic technical round. Madness.

Tech Lead Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

interview questions asked was not at all relevant to the requirement.Interviewer was simply doing time pass.Better try to avoid attending the interview here.One of the worst interview experience i faced here.

Interview Questions

• There are two candles.Which can burn for 30 minutes each.How to check how much time each candle burnt till now using linked list.Foolish question you ever hear in your life.   Answer Question

Tech Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

The interviewer had no knowledge of the technologies he was interviewing for. He was reading my resume like a chapter from a book, ans was asking questions like why did you write this line here.
    Later I got to know that he was just a software engineer with no relevant experience in the technologies.

Tech Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies in July 2014.

Interview

There were 2 techinal rounds. First round was purely technical on java. Questions were on design patterns, oops concepts, collections,multithreading, rmi and webservices.
    They will ask the questions in the area you are expert with. Second round was technical and managerial.
    HR round happened on telephone

Interview Questions

• Why RMI why not RPC?
      How a particular class gets loaded into memory?
      Answer Question

Tech Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Chennai (India)).

Interview

As Usual a telephonic, a face to face and with the manager of the project and salary negotiation.

Good

Tech Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Noida (India)) in July 2013.

Interview

Hiring process is very professional as expected.
    1. Written Test
    2. First Technical Discussion
    3. Second Technical Discussion,
    I dont know what is after this round, I was rejected in this round. Though this was a second technical round, there was not much technical in this round. I was given a array to find duplicates to using single loop which I completed and the question that I could not resolve in time was a - there are two buckets of 3 litre and 5 litre and how to fill the 5L bucket with 4L water. It took me time to think and could not finish in expected duration and may be this pushed me out.
    Though there could be another reason, my experience and interest is mostly into web development (I shared this during my discussion) and in my interview invitation e-mail they had just asked for .Net professionals however they were recruiting mainly for Windows based development platform. I don't understand why even big companies cant be clear and specific in their requirement of correct candidature.

Interview Questions

• Write a program to input an integer and return its Roman value.   Answer Question

Tech Lead Interview

Interview

It depends on the position you apply for, but the selection process is similar to the other IT companies like Infy or TCS.