HCL Technologies Technical Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HCL Technologies Technical Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at HCL Technologies

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

After agonizingly inept interactions with HR via email, phone and fax, a foreign language speaker called to "test" my technical acumen. Most of the questions that were asked were virtually unintelligible or completely unrelated to my work and the systems to be serviced and administrated. There is a reason these people are the lowest bidders for contracts. They are astonishingly inept at everything from HR on-boarding to Payroll to their Help Desks. It is painfully clear from day one dealing with these people that they operate in a different world...literally.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about a system they were familiar with but unrelated to my work   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for HCL Technologies

Technical Specialist Interview

Interview

2 technical rounds with detail on your last experience and security tools on HR round and optional technical round with project allotted. The final process was lengthy. it took 2 months for the finalisation of the letter

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Hyderabad (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

2 interviews - Technical and HR rounds. Very casual. Interview process was quite fast and smooth salary negotiations. Technical interview was about the skills you outlined in you resume. Overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Most challenging work experience you faced in your career   Answer Question

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Chennai (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

First round was more about testing my programming skills like Sample program for a car parking system, class and sequence diagram for a library application. All went good and got shortlisted for the second round.

Second round was worse, the guy was less experienced than me and he starts asking questions about REST webservice inspite of me saying that I have limited experience on it. I was expecting more on system design rather than any specific technology.

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Noida (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

It was some what tough as detailed analysis of each and every concept where asked. They asked questions related to my technical skills and in-depth concepts related to my technology. They asked about San, NAS , DAs, lun mapping, lun transfer and other many questions related to storage and backup . One needs to have thorough knowledge about different aspects of there technology. Thus should hold there nerves and should prepare well for the interview.

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

First round Technical - with Team Lead / SME for the Project
    Second Round Technical - with Client and Senior Management
    Third Round Technical - With senior Technical person (outside team, team members will be unknown to the person taking interview)

Interview Questions

• <Cuttign down the basic tell me about yourself stuff and all>
      1. Describe Control M Acrhictecture
      2. How would you install Control M and and its components
      3. Explain one automation you did in your previous project with the help of Control M / Similar tool
      4. More questions around options in Control M installation and troubleshooting   Answer Question

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Chennai (India)) in October 2013.

Interview

Generally interview would go on for more than 1 hour of technical questions.My interview was for job profile to deal with network testing and hence the questions were in basics of networking

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Noida (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview process was pretty smooth and I was notified in time

Technical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HCL Technologies in November 2015.

Interview

Average process do not go into the Walk-ins they are very time consuming and slow.

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2012.

Interview

very good interview process,they have two technical and one HR.One with telephonic and one face to face round.Third would be HR round depends on your availabilty they conduct telephonic or facee to face

Negotiation

good process is very good and very relevant question sasked.