HCL Technologies Test Lead Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 14, 2017

2.6

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Test Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Pune (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

Process was average and lengthy [it could around a month and half to get offer letter]. Interview management could have been better considering more than 400+ candidates for different profiles.
But, I see there are improving now.

Other Interview Reviews for HCL Technologies

Test Lead Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies in April 2016.

Interview

I took part in the interview drive conducted with a hope that it is a scheduled interview. But there were 500people and it was poorly organised with chaos!

It was literally walk-in drive not a scheduled session!

I was there in the venue by 7.45 with batch id - 40. We were called in to sdb 2 by 9.15 when it was supposed to start by 8.30. They started calling people randomly on some useless ordering wherein 360 was called and 412 was called in random,etc. 2digits were called by afternoon 3pm.

There was no panel interviewers at all. People came for manual testing got picked for selenium randomly and people who went for selenium were selected for manual testing.

Folks for manual testing with high ctc, Experience we were never even called or screened for F2F interview which was stated. If it would be scheduled as a walk-in we would have never appeared.

Finally they wanted to do something to the crowd as eyewash, so they just took handwritten question sheet with just 8 ultra simple questions, took photocopies like a small size firm and asked us to write by 3.45pm. Around 4.30 they called out the names and asked us to leave.

People who were asked to leave were in exp range from 5-7yrs with salary expectations of 9-12L

If you just need 2,3 yrs experienced within some <7L, why would you send random invites for 3-7 years experienced with salary quo of 0-12L. If you can't afford paying us, do not call/invite us. We have tons planned for our family during weekend.

Is this what professionalism that we could expect from potential employer? We made our presence/participation just because it was stated that it is SCHEDULED FACE2FACE. Do you think people come for interviews are jobless? Everybody posses a job/job offer and seek to deliver success with potentially better employer looking for ambient workspace,leveraging their potential further.

If you are incapable of arranging and organising interviews being a major in IT Services, please do not prepare for such sessions.

Interview Questions

• Written test with 8 silly questions for 6yrs-8yrs exp   1 Answer
    • Is automation testing preferred than manual anytime   1 Answer
    • What are the types of functional testing
      Revision test, stress test, sanity, migration test   1 Answer

Test Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Hyderabad (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

The complete interview process contains two rounds. First round is of face to face technical discussion and the second round will be with HR. In the technical discussion they will concentrate on your experience and there would be direct questions.

Test Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Noida (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

There were 3 rounds: Technical, Manager, HR. Interviewers were friendly. Most of the questions were as follows:
    1. About STLC
    2. Selenium code for form validation
    3. Selenium code to check all links
    4. Code snippet for pom.xml
    5. WebDriver wait types
    6. Core Java concepts

Interview Questions

• 1. About STLC
      2. Selenium code for form validation
      3. Selenium code to check all links
      4. Code snippet for pom.xml
      5. WebDriver wait types
      6. Core Java concepts   1 Answer

Test Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2011.

Interview

Initial Communication was from HR, then PM called for initial interview, then there was client round and was selected

Negotiation

Was not offered package i asked, they negotiated between position and salary