HCL Technologies Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

2.7

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Thorough and complete. 3 separate interviewers. Explained my Microsoft experience and did a language test for language skills. Explained previous projects and roles. Went through availability dates and times. Discussed contract terms and possible extension dates for availability.

Interview Questions

• Experience with SharePoint server and other general project management questions. asked about past AD change experience and working with an international development team. Asked language based skills (German required) and travel availability.   Answer Question

Retirement Account Call Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Romford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Romford, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Questions based around my work experience, how I will handle and solve problems, examples of me working individually as well as working as a team. Talked about what I wanted to achieve working with HCL. Questions would also involve my skills whether it is working within a team or being very organised, I would also share my negative points which I would improve on.

Interview Questions

• Please provide an example of a time you worked as a team   1 Answer

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Technical interview covering high level infrastructure topics, followed by manager interview. Chance to understand how an SI works and type of customers.
    process is very straightforward and apart from administration, is handled in UK, typically including hiring manager or someone of similar competence.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Just appreciate there is potential for high quantity of travel.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

Lathargic process, it seemed like a kumbh mera where pilgrimies waited for their turn for interview There were hundreds of people of different technologies, I cleared all rounds of interviews which included 2 technical and one managerial and HR informed me that we would be conducting HR next day, but that day did not came ever!!

Interview Questions

• how you configure and setup load balancers among you distributed system environment.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maidenhead, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Maidenhead, England (UK)).

Interview

A conference call is initiated from India. The number of interviewers on the panel can vary. For onshore employment candidates. This is followed-up with a final stage interview at the Head Office provided the candidate passed the first interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. Technical questions ranging from basic programming skills and database administration. There may also be questions on service support workflow processes depending on the role requirement.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not have to negotiate directly with the HR personnel. That was handled by the Recruitment Agency based on my initial salary demands.

Interview

One Telephonic round of interview and after clearing it there will be a Face to Face Interview.
    HCL will have one client round of interview based on the project for which the person will be working.
    In the Telephonic round there will be two people who will be taking the interview

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are related to the project and the technologies used in the current project.   Answer Question

Cloud Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Several phone calls with the recruiter regarding the salary on offer being too low, then they came back and offered a 25% increase in salary and an interview. Spent the first 10 minutes of the telephone interview having technical problems, with the phone call from India, then once that was sorted out, had a 20 minute discussion with the Interviewer about cloud migration strategies,

I was not asked one single question about my CV, or about me. The interview ended with the Interviewer telling me that I would hear feedback with two days, which never happened. I tried on several occasions to get the recruiter to get feedback about the Interview from HCL, but nothing. Since then four other recruitment companies have been given the same job specifications, again offering the low salary.

All in all, I wasted 2 days of my life, dealing with recruiters for HCL, never again. My advice to HCL is that if you really need a Cloud Architect that you need to improve your recruitment process and to employ better interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a typical cloud migration process?   1 Answer

Gem Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Manchester, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

The first round was a 15 minutes group presentation with Q&A in the end. The company released the topic one day before the interview. An individual HR interview was followed, which supposed to be 15 minutes but in my case it went up to 25 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What interests you to enter IT industry? Talk about your personal interests. Give an story about crisis management.   Answer Question

They had never been punctual when I was in the process. It was disgraceful.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

They approached the school's career service, shortlisted our CVs and CLs.
    We got a sales presentation followed by a 45min interview.
    In the final stage we got an interview with the Regional Sales Director

Interview Questions

• Why Sales in the technology sector?   1 Answer

Graduate PMO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Egham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Egham, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Two people gave the interview, one was 20 minutes late and quite rude. The other interviewer asked relevant questions whilst the other one did ask very random questions and was keen to make to try trip me up. They gave me a senior level test presentation to complete and It was judged at that level instead of graduate level.

Interview Questions

• Went through the powerpoint and once again the one interviewer was quite rude.   1 Answer