HCL Technologies Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

HCL Technologies Interview Questions in United Kingdom

2.6

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

Lathargic process, it seemed like a kumbh mera where pilgrimies waited for their turn for interview There were hundreds of people of different technologies, I cleared all rounds of interviews which included 2 technical and one managerial and HR informed me that we would be conducting HR next day, but that day did not came ever!!

Interview Questions

• how you configure and setup load balancers among you distributed system environment.   Answer Question

Cloud Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Several phone calls with the recruiter regarding the salary on offer being too low, then they came back and offered a 25% increase in salary and an interview. Spent the first 10 minutes of the telephone interview having technical problems, with the phone call from India, then once that was sorted out, had a 20 minute discussion with the Interviewer about cloud migration strategies,

I was not asked one single question about my CV, or about me. The interview ended with the Interviewer telling me that I would hear feedback with two days, which never happened. I tried on several occasions to get the recruiter to get feedback about the Interview from HCL, but nothing. Since then four other recruitment companies have been given the same job specifications, again offering the low salary.

All in all, I wasted 2 days of my life, dealing with recruiters for HCL, never again. My advice to HCL is that if you really need a Cloud Architect that you need to improve your recruitment process and to employ better interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a typical cloud migration process?   1 Answer

Graduate PMO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Egham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Egham, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Two people gave the interview, one was 20 minutes late and quite rude. The other interviewer asked relevant questions whilst the other one did ask very random questions and was keen to make to try trip me up. They gave me a senior level test presentation to complete and It was judged at that level instead of graduate level.

Interview Questions

• Went through the powerpoint and once again the one interviewer was quite rude.   1 Answer

Global Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Interview

They visited my campus. Conducted 2 interviews inhouse. Invited me to have the final round with the director in London. Location changed to Watford the night before. Interviewed with the director. Simple competency based interview. Didn't hear from them for 2 months,inspite of repeated emails to HR. HR replies saying there will be another round in their london office. no communication after that. a month and few emails later, HR said they will not hire me for this role. No Process. No professionalish

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

Graduate position - Change Management Consultant. Interview process very simple, telephone interview followed by an assessment centre. Telephone interview pretty standard, just going through CV and was asked questions like why HCL, and why consulting, why this position etc.

Assessment centre was a case study given on the spot followed by an interview. The case study was based around a company who had bought an IT implementation from HCL but have not purchased any business consulting, so you have to sell Change Management as a service HCL can offer to the programme director.

This involved doing a 5-10 minute presentation and a written exercise (which was an e-mail summarising your presentation to the programme director). You have 30 minutes to prepare for both. There are 3 main areas to cover: What is change management, What services can HCL offer and how can you get good Value from implementing Change Management.

Interview Questions

• What specific areas of change management interest you and what area would you like to go into; go into detail.   Answer Question