HCL Technologies Interview Questions in United States | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.7

201 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

There were two rounds. The first was technical, where they asked OOPS question. The next round was HR interview, where they asked about relocation, salary expectations and some behavioral questions.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

Call by the recruiter, followed by a phone conversation with the hiring manager and an onsite interview. Finally an interview with the customer. Pretty straight forward technical questions. Salary negotiations were a bit sticky. Requested salary was denied but for some reason they came back to it after a week. Not sure what happened there but since I already accepted the offer I had no problem taking the salary that I asked for originally.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience, How would you handle scenarios   1 Answer

Junior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone screen asked about experience and previous jobs. moved onto a Skype interview which was a technical interview. After the Skype interview a job was offered. I returned their call and asked about salary and benefits.

Automation Dev and QA Engineer - Linux - Firmware - Python Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Palo Alto, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

it was intrusive, trolling and unprofessional. They wanted to do a vide call on the first contact but I declined as I was with family on a friday at 8:30pm. We were supposed to do a vocal call but I called then no answer.. then the interviewer rescheduled for next monday and refused to answer some of my questions. they trying to find remote people to move from coast to coast on a simple no garantee contract and dont even pay for moving expenses. It is obviously a pro outsourcing company. I dont like that .

Interview Questions

• Here is a series of execrcise. We will judge you on the results of the exercise even though they do not reflect in any way you potential for this Job. we have many people in the pipeline and you are mostly just a filler to make the process look busy: please respond.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

If you have real-world professional web development experience and did not recently graduate with a bunch of programming knowledge from college that you will never use, I wouldn't bother with this interview process. Don't waste your Saturday. I ended up just walking out to go home and work on my current ASP.NET MVC project.

I was told there would be a .NET/C# exam by one of their recruiters. Instead, it was one of those pointless exams asking old college questions about contiguous integers, and pouring different amounts of liquid from various jars to reach the desired amount. I'm surprised that they didn't ask me why manhole covers are round. Apparently they think they are Google. As soon as I saw the test, I knew it was a joke. If you want to see how "creative" I am, look at the work I have produced professionally and ask me questions about those projects.

Red flags I ignored: 1. They wouldn't even work with my salary requirements. 2. Saturday interview. 3. Bad reviews from current/former employees.

If you recently graduated college and have no professional coding/engineering experience, this might be right for you to get your foot in the door, but I would be wary, the employee reviews are still bad.

Interview Questions

• I have three water jugs, one with 10 liters another with 5 and another with 6, how do i get 8 liters on the first one?   3 Answers

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Bellevue, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied from CraigsList and got an email/phone call the next day asking to come in on the weekend for a technical exam. The exam was a paper exam with ~30 questions. There were about ~75 people all taking the same exam. The exam was all multiple choice and even though I was applying for the Java Software Development Engineer, the majority of the questions were not java related. I was told 15min later that I did not have a qualifying score to move onto the next round. The pay was too small to begin with so I took the exam half-heartedly. I briefly passed the work area to the exam room and the work area is completely filled with cubicles that nearly reached the ceilings, blocking out everything.

Interview Questions

Interview

Initial round with Technical recruiter, next had 2 rounds of interview with Technical General Managers, after that they have arranged interview with customer (Enterprise Architect, Senior Manager & Director). Final round with HR.

Interview Questions

• About overall projects that I worked on and Architecture principles   Answer Question

C# Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

They herded all applicants, of which there were approximately forty, to a written test. The instructions said that we can use pseudocode to solve the problems, but halfway through the test, they said that they wanted actual code, which takes longer to write correctly.

Interview Questions

• Write a program that determines whether a game of tic-tac-toe has been won.   1 Answer

Web Developer for Microsoft Client Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HCL Technologies (Redmond, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Got a call from a consultancy for opening at HCL America for Microsoft client. They setup the interview after 2 days at 11 a.m.
    I reached there half hr early and was asked to wait at the cafeteria.
    After around 20-25 mins, they called me for the interview round.
    It was whiteboard interview and all technical.

Still waiting for response from the recruiter about the offer.

Interview Questions

• 1. Brief about your work experience   Answer Question
    • 2. write a code to print first n even numbers   1 Answer
    • 3. write a code to return the sum of digits of a number   Answer Question
    • 4. Write an sql query to display employee name and manager name from Employee Table   2 Answers
    • 5. For the following table structure:
      Create Table tbl( A int, B int)
      Insert into tbl values ( 0,1)
      Insert into tbl values ( 1, 0)

what is wrong with this query:
      Select A B from tbl   1 Answer
    • 6.difference between Store procedures and functions   1 Answer
    • 7.how many primary keys allowed on 1 table and why?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HCL Technologies.

Interview

Applied through college campus recruitment.
    First round was a written test of aptitude MCQs.
    After qualifying the test,interview was conducted by HR.Interview was around my background and basic oops concepts