HCR ManorCare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HCR ManorCare Interview Questions

Updated Oct 6, 2018

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare (Lancaster, PA) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied for job online once graudating and pass boards
    I then completed an interview with HR one on one and the same day completed an interview with DOR one on one.I was then asked to complete a drug screen and background check. I received a ob offer letter received within 1-2 days and negotiated a salary and accepted job offer.

Anonymous Employee in Port Saint Lucie, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare (Port Saint Lucie, FL).

Interview

Initial over phone---standard questions. In person was in depth and I really liked DOR and felt great ease with her which helped make my decision to ultimately accept offer, even though it was lower than I wanted.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember specifics, but all were relevant to position I was applying for and my experiemnnce and interests.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare (Orlando, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

I was sent an email to set a screening interview with recruiter. After the screening interview they set you up with an interview with the clinic manager if the employer and interviewee needs are a match.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare (Raleigh, NC) in October 2013.

Interview

informal meet and greet with the manager of that location in raliegh, nc. this was some time ago. my recollection is positive with just the basic questions one would expect. are you comfortable working independently? things you would expect from home health.

Interview Questions

• are you willing to travel within a 50 mile radius   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare (Walnut Creek, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Hiring and interview process are smooth. Phone interview and then personal interview to introduce environment and management team. I has been calling several times for phone interview. Each time would need 30 minutes and would ask some professional questions, some personality questions, and how do you deal with your manager.

Physical Therapist Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove Village, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare (Elk Grove Village, IL) in March 2018.

Interview

The interviewer was very unprofessional, abrupt and condescending during our 10 minute meeting. She appeared to be a very angry person. She complained to the receptionist that I was interrupting her work day, despite that my interview was previously confirmed, I arrived 10 minutes early and was willing to wait. It was clear that she was more focused on elimination rather than on getting to know how I could help the department. The recruiter ignored a message left by me afterward, in which I asked for feedback on why I was eliminated so quickly. I have always been told that I interview well and usually receive positive and constructive feedback, even when I don't get the job. So I believe this was an internal HR issue. This job has been posted for 6 weeks now, so perhaps other candidates are experiencing the same treatment that I experienced.

Interview Questions

• She did not ask any of the typical interview questions. She just read my resume. One would assume that she would screen the resumes prior to agreeing to interview candidates, but this did not seem to be the case.   Answer Question

Physical Therapist Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Bloomfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare (West Bloomfield, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

I was in contact with both HR and the Rehab director. The rehab director was who interviewed me and was very down to earth and welcoming. The director had me answer different questions regarding scenarios she had given me. The director gave me a short tour and introduced me to a couple of the employees afterward.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to provide examples of when I portrayed their company values of care.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tamarac, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare (Tamarac, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Received a phone call from the HR director in Tamarac, FL after he saw my resume on indeed. Set up an interview, and met with the Social Worker on duty. Interview lasted approximately 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me what was one of your proudest moments or accomplishments.   Answer Question

Social Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare in January 2011.

Interview

HR interview. It was pretty easy as long as you have the credentials. There was nothing in the interview that you wouldn't already know how to answer even if you are a new grad.

Negotiation

I was satisfied with salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2011.

Interview

A day after I had applied online a recruiter called me, she did a basic phone interview. Asked me why I wanted the position and my job experiences as well as my credentials. Later on that day she called to set up a one on one interview at the Milwaukee location. I was excited as my dream job is to work in the Hospice field. When I got there I was greeted right away by the receptionist, they also had me fill out a lengthy application. Afterward HR interviewed me. She basically explained what the job would entail, what the company was like and asked me more about my job experience. At the end of the interview she said that I was her last applicant she was interviewing and said that I would "fit right in" and that someone from the social work department would be giving me a call. A day later a social worker contacted me and asked more in-depth questions about my experience and what I would do in certain situations ect. He then said he would be getting in touch with me by the end of the week. He called me back as promised, and said that there were "a lot of applicants" and wanted me to come in for another face to face interview. I agreed as I had really wanted the position. When I went in for my second face to face interview he was there as well as the head nurse (I believe) they both sat me down and asked me more questions. I felt as though I answered everything from the heart and I felt good about the whole interview process. They said they would get back to me the following week. When they didn't contact me on Friday I knew I didn't get the position, on Monday they called and basically told me that "I had a big heart, but that I didn't have enough experience so they went with another candidate". While I am a bit bitter about the whole experience as they had known about my experience from the beginning, I feel as though it's really their loss. If they'd rather go with someone else who may have more experience but who really doesn't have as much drive and passion that's their choice.