HCR ManorCare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 14, 2017

2.3

Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

It was pretty standard, met with a phone screen with a regional recruiter, she was very interested in me moving on to a face to face with the regional HR manager who was over the location I would be at. Met with her within a few days after the phone screen, the face to face was standard , advise of the position details and what they were looking for. The HR manager than asked if I could come back the next day to interview with the administrator facility director in which I would directly report to. I came back and met with her and the regional Operations manager happen to sit in because she was there familiarizing the administrator with the facility because she was just hired. The regional operation manager told me she was interested in making an offer however I had to do one last phone interview with the Area HR Manager who was based out of their headquarters in Ohio, he oversaw 72 facilities with a geographic region. That was scheduled the next day and within 2 days I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions were standard for an HR position, for my location they were heavily focused on retention and recruitment. This position is a department of one , so you do everything. They wanted to know how do I handle collaboration with managers, getting them to engage with employees , understanding the new recruits and what they need as well as keeping current employees appreciated and engaged. The Area HR manager did ask me a few HR foundation questions such as what is FMLA, ADA, NLRB and the new employee classification that was injucted recently.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked if I could add on more vacation as there standard is 13 days after a year and currently I received 16 vacation days. She advise no, however because I am salaried I can work out a flexible schedule with the administrator. They offer vacation after a year which kinda sucks but I did make them aware of my travel plans for the year and they were okay with that. I didn't negotiate on salary as it was inline with what I thought was fair , however when I got my offer letter it was $2000 more than what I was originally quoted so of course no arguments from me :) I did ask for the benefit package up front to see what it consisted of and when offered I did advise them I would give them my answer within 24 hours. We worked out a start date three weeks from my offer and I went in to do a pre drug screening.

Dietary Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oregon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare (Oregon, OH).

Interview

I sat down with the HR manager and another manager from HCR ManorCare because the dietary manager had found another job. They asked me some questions about why I would be qualified. It was a typical interview session, the questions weren't difficult to answer.

Interview Questions

• Would you ever be late and why.   1 Answer

Speech Language Pathologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare (New York, NY).

Interview

Submitted application online. Received no feedback. You really need to follow up with their recruiting department to get anywhere. They are not very responsive. Had a screening and a phone interview, then an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with PPS and RUGs.   1 Answer

RN Nurse Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare.

Interview

Had a phone interview with and HR Recruiter and then a second one with the Administrator. They also do interviews via Skype if you are too far from the specific location you are trying to work at. It was a fairly quick process and the HR Recruiter was very friendly. She kept on top of the entire process and would constantly keep in touch to make sure you had all the documents and paperwork necessary.

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tamarac, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare (Tamarac, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Received a phone call from the HR director in Tamarac, FL after he saw my resume on indeed. Set up an interview, and met with the Social Worker on duty. Interview lasted approximately 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me what was one of your proudest moments or accomplishments.   Answer Question

Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare (Vancouver, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Process was professional. Numerous situational questions were asked as expected. Received offer at the end time f the interview and was scheduled for starting date approx. 2 weeks later. HR professional was friendly and convincing on how much the facility cares for their residents. The truth is the opposite.

Activities Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

formal. situational questions. I was interviewed by the HR director and the activities director. Both were very friendly and respectful. I was offered the job 5 days after the interview. I then had to undergo a paid training, 2 TB tests, physical, and a drug screening.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a resident had a. accident during an activity?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare.

Interview

I reached out to regional individuals about the position due to the fact I had applied online and had not heard anything back. RDO sent my info to the administrator to set up an interview. My interview with the administrator went well and was a great experience. The administrator asked many questions, nothing out of the ordinary about experience and my goals. You can truly tell how an interview is going as it is happening with the conversation and feedback from interviewer. Ended the interview with a tour of the facility. The interview probably lasted around an hour. I had an interview the following week with the RDO and Regional HR director. This was another good interview. Very relaxed environment. Awesome people who are very dedicated to their jobs within the company. I had a third interview the following day with the divisional GM and another divisional hr individual. I received a call the following Monday with an offer, which I graciously accepted.

Occupational Therapist Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email roughly a week later to schedule a time for a phone interview. Basic questions from HR person about license, certifications, physical capabilities and willingness to work. Said they would pass along information received to another person and I would hear back within the week. I had to send multiple emails to get a response 2-3 weeks later.

CNA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare (Lynnwood, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

There was 2 interviews, one with HR and nurse. They ask a lot of questions pertaining how you care for your residents. Then let you know of the shifts they have available and benefits they offer. I really liked the place and truly wanted to work at this facility but they were in need of NOC shift only.