HCR ManorCare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 21, 2018

2.3

CNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare (Canton, MI) in May 2018.

Interview

It was quick yet they were very detailed and through with the questions. The shower me around and ask my my opinion and expectations. We talked about goal with growth in the company. Plans that I could bring to the you as well.

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare in April 2018.

Interview

The recruiter responded to my application and emailed me a link to click on to schedule a time for her to call me to discuss the job and my experience.

Temporary Medical Records Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pike Creek, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare (Pike Creek, DE).

Interview

Online application very simple and straightforward. Their HR/Hiring Department at least at the Pike Creek location is unprofessional and kind of shady.

On the day my interview was scheduled we had a forecast for a snow storm, I called the day before to try and reschedule - no answer. I called the day of and was told (as snow was falling and it being declared a state of emergency) that interviews were still being held and people were coming in. Since I was interviewing for a nonessential role, I felt that was ridiculous (especially when a phone interview would have sufficed until we could meet under better circumstances in a day or two. Plus as someone without any Medical Records experience...I wasn't expecting to get it anyway). I asked to have it moved to the next day.

The next day, I was made to fill out a paper application in addition to the online one I had already did, the interview did not tell me anything about the position really(she just did not have the information) nor did she ask me too much about my experience. (She didn't need an extra copy of my resume, so I thought it strange that I needed to fill out another application)

The next day I get a call from someone else asking me to come in the following week to complete pre-hire paperwork. I said, "So I got the job?" She says, "Oh. No one contacted you? I thought they would have." I didn't even know how much it paid at that point.

I felt like this was all red flags but I really wanted this type of position and figured I could make it work. I still had questions, I did not have a clear picture of the role, or who my manager would be, or anything. I figured I would get more information when I came to fill out the paperwork.

I didn't . She just left me in the main area to complete a stack of papers as she shuffled to and fro other places. I got the picture that she was very busy. I filled all of it out and signed it only to find that I did not have enough references. Not her fault I did not have enough references, even though it was a short-term temp position, but in previous positions I have usually gotten a heads up about that.

Then, we could have saved EVERYONE time and effort.

She said she would look into it with the administrator and give me a call back that very day. I did not expect one and did not get one. It's just the fact that I wasn't given that information up front. We could have been proactive and not reactive.

I was not even assured that my documents with my personal information would be destroyed.

But on a positive, while I waited in the lobby I saw a lot of people coming to and fro and colleages seemed to get along, patients and their families seemed to be happy with their care. The woman I interviewed with did mention that they have a lot of new people (which to me seems like a red flag) but if you just want to get experience and move on, that shouldn't be a deterrent especially for a role in Medical Records.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background.   1 Answer

CNA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare.

Interview

Quick interview. I was interviewed by the HR Director and DON. They were both very friendly and made me feel comfortable. Answered a few basic questions and talked about previous experience. I was hired on the spot and accepted. Pay is a little low and the scheduling makes it difficult to get second job.

Interview Questions

• If a resident or patient refuses to eat, shower...etc, how would you respond?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare (West Reading, PA) in March 2018.

Interview

It was not easy the supervisor seems to be with control tyrant. He is over whelmed and wants people to with no kids to work for him. I interview process seem easy but not so much.

Physical Therapist Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove Village, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare (Elk Grove Village, IL) in March 2018.

Interview

The interviewer was very unprofessional, abrupt and condescending during our 10 minute meeting. She appeared to be a very angry person. She complained to the receptionist that I was interrupting her work day, despite that my interview was previously confirmed, I arrived 10 minutes early and was willing to wait. It was clear that she was more focused on elimination rather than on getting to know how I could help the department. The recruiter ignored a message left by me afterward, in which I asked for feedback on why I was eliminated so quickly. I have always been told that I interview well and usually receive positive and constructive feedback, even when I don't get the job. So I believe this was an internal HR issue. This job has been posted for 6 weeks now, so perhaps other candidates are experiencing the same treatment that I experienced.

Interview Questions

• She did not ask any of the typical interview questions. She just read my resume. One would assume that she would screen the resumes prior to agreeing to interview candidates, but this did not seem to be the case.   Answer Question

Occupational Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare (Olympia, WA) in March 2018.

Interview

First I spoke with a recruiter which included a quick screen to see if I met the basic qualifications for the position. Within a week I was in contact with the DOR and was able to have a phone interview due to living in another state. The phone interview was very quick. The DOR was very respectful and seemed to be passionate about finding someone who would fit in with the therapy team.

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare (Warrenton, VA) in February 2018.

Interview

The whole process took more than a month. After two intense, long phone interviews with recruiter & senior nurse practitioner, I then had a person to person interview with administrator & a week later phone interview with medical director. Each step I received positive feedback & after submitting FIVE references, I heard nothing for more than two weeks. I had to reach out to the recruiter who then sent out a generic email a week later stating after reviewing my resume, the position was filled. What a waste of time & so unprofessional. If this is how you treat your employees, no thank you. Will never apply to this company again. I was hired by a very reputable allergy practice yesterday & so happy Heartland didn't give me an offer 😄

Interview Questions

• Numerous vague clinical situations   1 Answer

Pca Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare (Allentown, PA) in February 2018.

Interview

In all the interview lasted 15 minutes. Asked the basic question about my previous employment. How would I handle a situation with a resident who doesn’t not want to comply. And how early would I arrive to work.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us ?   1 Answer

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare (Towson, MD) in January 2018.

Interview

Regular interview questions like tell me about yourself why do you want to work here what do you know about this place what would you do in this situation ! It was a 2 step process so you take one with the housekeeping manager then take the second one with Donna which is the hiring manager

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a spill in the middle of the hallway   1 Answer