HCR ManorCare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

2.3

Account Liaison Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare (Greenville, SC).

Interview

Started with a telephone interview with the recruiter, then telephone interview with Regional Sales Manager. Next step was in-person interview at local office with Regional Sales Manager, followed with online personality(sales) testing. Then offer by phone with Regional Sales Manager.

RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare (Waukesha, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

Over all I had a pleasant interview experience with the director of nursing and nurse manager. They were polite, nice, and high energy. They also took the time to show me around the facilities and introduced me to the staff.

Physical Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare (Orlando, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

I was sent an email to set a screening interview with recruiter. After the screening interview they set you up with an interview with the clinic manager if the employer and interviewee needs are a match.

Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

It was pretty standard, met with a phone screen with a regional recruiter, she was very interested in me moving on to a face to face with the regional HR manager who was over the location I would be at. Met with her within a few days after the phone screen, the face to face was standard , advise of the position details and what they were looking for. The HR manager than asked if I could come back the next day to interview with the administrator facility director in which I would directly report to. I came back and met with her and the regional Operations manager happen to sit in because she was there familiarizing the administrator with the facility because she was just hired. The regional operation manager told me she was interested in making an offer however I had to do one last phone interview with the Area HR Manager who was based out of their headquarters in Ohio, he oversaw 72 facilities with a geographic region. That was scheduled the next day and within 2 days I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions were standard for an HR position, for my location they were heavily focused on retention and recruitment. This position is a department of one , so you do everything. They wanted to know how do I handle collaboration with managers, getting them to engage with employees , understanding the new recruits and what they need as well as keeping current employees appreciated and engaged. The Area HR manager did ask me a few HR foundation questions such as what is FMLA, ADA, NLRB and the new employee classification that was injucted recently.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked if I could add on more vacation as there standard is 13 days after a year and currently I received 16 vacation days. She advise no, however because I am salaried I can work out a flexible schedule with the administrator. They offer vacation after a year which kinda sucks but I did make them aware of my travel plans for the year and they were okay with that. I didn't negotiate on salary as it was inline with what I thought was fair , however when I got my offer letter it was $2000 more than what I was originally quoted so of course no arguments from me :) I did ask for the benefit package up front to see what it consisted of and when offered I did advise them I would give them my answer within 24 hours. We worked out a start date three weeks from my offer and I went in to do a pre drug screening.

STNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare (Cleveland, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with the scheduler first,then with a RN ,which both of them were very nice to me. Asked me questions about my experience and what shift I was looking for and pay as well.
       Very nice people,and this place is beautiful,and spotless. Afterwards, I was asked to come in the next day with the HR,which she too was very nice to me,then she made me an offer and welcomed me to HCR Manorcare.Orientation starts in 2 weeks . I am excited in meeting all of our residents and staff too.

Occupational Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was punctual. The DOA was pleasant. She asked the typical interview questions. I asked more questions than she asked me. She answered my questions very thoroughly. At the end of the interview I knew I had the job.

Dietary Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oregon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare (Oregon, OH).

Interview

I sat down with the HR manager and another manager from HCR ManorCare because the dietary manager had found another job. They asked me some questions about why I would be qualified. It was a typical interview session, the questions weren't difficult to answer.

Interview Questions

• Would you ever be late and why.   1 Answer

Speech Language Pathologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare (New York, NY).

Interview

Submitted application online. Received no feedback. You really need to follow up with their recruiting department to get anywhere. They are not very responsive. Had a screening and a phone interview, then an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with PPS and RUGs.   1 Answer

Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsport, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare (Williamsport, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very informal, more focused on personal values and virtues as opposed to work experience or know-how. Interests in fields of therapy and ability grow and be an integral part of a team was clearly a necessary aspect.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most important part of the therapy process?   1 Answer

RN Nurse Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare.

Interview

Had a phone interview with and HR Recruiter and then a second one with the Administrator. They also do interviews via Skype if you are too far from the specific location you are trying to work at. It was a fairly quick process and the HR Recruiter was very friendly. She kept on top of the entire process and would constantly keep in touch to make sure you had all the documents and paperwork necessary.