HCR ManorCare Licensed Practical Nurse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HCR ManorCare Licensed Practical Nurse Interview Questions

Interviews at HCR ManorCare

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare (Appleton, WI) in January 2019.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiting company via email to schedule an interview. Arrived at the facility and talked to the front desk. They had no idea I was scheduled for an interview but we're very accommodating. They quickly notified the HR department and got the interviewer to see me. I interviewed with him for about an hour. Asked pretty standard questions. What my future career plans were? What are my strengths and weaknesses? Told me about the facility. Then the second part of the interview, I was interviewed by the floor RN. She asked a few what would you do questions.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
  • An resident is complaining of shortness of breath, what assessments would you do? what interventions would you offer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for HCR ManorCare

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

I applied online & I got a call about a week later for a face to face interview. I went in and interviewed with the director & she passed me over for my phase two of the interview to another director.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time someone tried to persuade you of something outside of your beliefs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yardley, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare (Yardley, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

I met with the HR rep and she was very informative, professional and focused on the task at hand. She asked questions, took notes and was approachable.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare (Baltimore, MD) in November 2017.

Interview

I apply online, then was called the next day. The interview was scheduled for the following week on Wednesday after Thanksgiving. Attended early, the interviewer was very friendly as well as DON. The questions were the standard questions like; Tell me about yourself, tell about when you had a difficult client, what will you do if a staff member did something wrong.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the time you saw a co-worker mistreating a client or not following company policy; what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare (Lebanon, PA) in July 2010.

Interview

HR director kept putting off starting the hiring process. Once he finally started the process I was interviewed by the scheduler and given a brief tour of facility. All standard questions were asked. Why I wanted to work there, what my strongest skill set was, how would I benefit the company etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase. They simply tell you what the starting pay rate is for the job you apply for and you either accept it or you don't

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare in September 2013.

Interview

HR person was very nice and helpful! I was interviewed by both HR director and the DON. The DON had a couple of clinical questions pertaining to prioritizing emergency situations and decision making. I was asked how I would deal with two emergencies at the same time. I was asked a couple of questions about working with difficult co-workers. I was taken on a tour of the facility and then offered a position. They allowed me to pick from several open positions. I was given instructions on how to obtain my physical and drug screen and then had the first step of a two step PPD done on site. Before leaving I was scheduled for general orientation two weeks later as I had to have my PPD and background check completed before beginning orientation.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question for me is, "what are your weaknesses?". I still don't know how to answer that question appropriately. Good luck!   1 Answer

Negotiation

Do not settle for the starting rate! Trust me, you will be working harder here than anywhere else in the area and everywhere else pays much more!

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare (Baltimore, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 different people. Offer made same day. Was asked questions from sheets of paper. Was then told about the position and responsibilities. The experience was good, very nice and friendly people. no reason to be nervous with this interview. They tell you to relax from the very begining.

Interview Questions

• when would you call the doctor?
       How would the company benefit from hiring you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiating available

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare (Jersey City, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

A nice young lady from HR interviewed me. Very friendly broke down the scheduling, with every position they were hiring for. DoN wasn't available, was told that HR would forward all potential hires to the DoN for the 2nd interview, and tour of the facility.

Anonymous Employee in Flushing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare (Flushing, MI).

Interview

I placed my resume on a website, and the Human Resource Director seen it. The very next day the Human Resources called and set up a meeting with the DON and Administrator, I came in and Met with DON first and she introduced herself and talked about the building, what my responsibilities were as an LPN & went and got the Administrator, he introduced himself, and talked about the company, and how the company cares for the employee's and their residents. How the company believes in taking the extra mile for resident and patient in good quality care. Then they asked me the questions below, and called me back a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Different kind of situations, who would I call.. What would I do,... What kind of experience did I have being an LPN, Where did I get my LPN License from, What caused me to want to be in nursing. What did I like best about nursing, What did I like least about it. If there was something I could change about my last job what would it be? Did I work well with others, and under stress? How do I handle things that I do not have any knowledge about?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't have to negotiate anything, the pay is very good, they give great bonus for starting with them if you are a nurse. This is a very sound and good structured company that cares not only for the patient, but the employee. They do everything they can to keep good excellent staff. They will NOT tolerate messy situations between employees. They stop it before it gets started.

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at HCR ManorCare (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

20 years ago are you licensed? Your hired the nursing shortage was real good luck now finding a full time job on the east coast as an lpn.Manor care just wants rns now makes them look good on paper

Interview Questions

• Do you have an active license?   1 Answer