HCSC Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.7

57 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Informatics Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at HCSC (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Two phone interviews with very basic resume overview questions. They were friendly and wanted to keep it as a free flowing conversation to get to know you. Then an in-person interview with 3 different members of the team for 30 mins each. Again, very conversational but this time a bit more technical questions about the projects I'd worked on at my previous employer.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCSC (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Process took 8 months for me. HR associate managed the whole process. HR manager came in between a few times to check. Total interview hours was 8.5 hours - 1 hour for HR, 2 hours technical by phone and 5 hours onsite interview in Chicago. They were thorough. This process took about 2 weeks. They came back with the offer 6 months later and another 30 min technical interview!

Interview Questions

• What will you do if the CEO or an executive asked to do something against commonsense security.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCSC (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview with the recruiter, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager, followed by an onsite interview when I was interviewed by 3 individuals separately then two together. I was invited back for an additional onsite interview with two senior individuals.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interview questions, e.g. 1) tell me about a time when you needed to gain consensus, what did you do, how did you do it, etc... 2) tell me about a time when you challenged the status quo, 3) tell me about a time when you used creative thinking, what was the result   Answer Question

Clinical Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCSC (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The company benefits package is fantastic, however if you wish to excel within your profession do not expect career growth here. The environment is very political and the folks in upper management have no leadership skills and lack the ability to accomplish department goals due to fat-cat corporate laziness.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage an employee that is insubordinate?   Answer Question

Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HCSC (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

It was an easy process. I applied online and they contacted after 2-3 weeks for phone interview and in person interview. Overall the process was simple, person who took interview was easy going. Waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at this company?
      Tell mr about your projects   Answer Question

Learning and Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HCSC (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview took about 25 minutes, very basic questions, no behavior questions, just go though the skills and your resume. Not interviewed by HR, but by someone within the team, very professional.

Problem Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCSC (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Initially, HR called me for a Phone screening. From there a manager called me with 2 other managers on the call and interviewing me over the phone. After that we had a lunch interview. They were very friendly, cordial and welcoming.

Senior Business Analyst - IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCSC (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Have seen this same job posted over and over which was somewhat suspicious. I did interview for the role but never heard back from HR. I know my skill sets were top caliber and have 15 years of experience in numerous IT technologies. Now that i have seen the outsourcing news i believe these jobs were intentionally 'unfilled' so HSCS could claim it could not find qualified employees while importing their H1B visas.

Interview Questions

• If they are importing H1Bs to do the work what is the point of even going through the questions. Their so called IT related computer test was the most difficult and antiquated Cobol related exam that again looks to have been designed that way from the go. The math and verbal portion was equally as hard and i am positive there is no H1B alive that could pass this test.   1 Answer

Actuarial Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCSC (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

They asked standard stuff like gpa and such. They were really nice even though i didnt make it through because I was still in school and some time away from graduation.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCSC (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

1- After RIF in 2015- the employee was advised that upon them applying for positions they would get a priority type interview due to the displacement. There 4 positions that was applied for and none of them came with any acknowledgement of the resume and interest nor were they contacted for the interview. 2- The position was very similar in nature except it came with less responsibilities- which ideally would have been perfect given the leaderships lack of support for 4+ years to allow vacated positions to be filled. 3-Another point to bring up- HCSC does provide awareness when opportunities get posted that align with the skills noted on the resume and the persons profile. On more than 5 occasions, I received these notices, immediately adjusted the profiles, ensured the resume supported the activities and submitted the posting. On every single on- they come back as " there are other candidates that their skills align to the position".

Given these situations- It makes it very hard to not take it personally.

However, I did finally apply for an Analyst type role, 4 levels lower than where I started. (1/2 the salary and almost 1/2 the bonus potential)

* what is interesting is that I am interviewing for a position that I use to do 20 years ago- I am hands on and I like teaching so this may assist some staff as well.

Interview Questions

• Based on your past experience, what motivates you to want to come back to HCSC   Answer Question
    • Can you advise a project that you worked on when the actual business ower in production was not available or did not provide feedback on "their" requirements? What did you do to ensure accurate.   Answer Question
    • Can you walk me through the initial steps that you take in order to (1) understand the impacts of the change?   Answer Question
    • Describe to me the review or walkthrough process with the development team? and the QAs.
      (1) was dev and QA engaged? When did they become engaged?
      (2) Did dev or QA ask any questions?
      (3) What artifacts were used?
      (4) Was there an ability to create a baseline business document that showed (how the system is currentlyt operating)?   Answer Question