HCSC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 3, 2017

2.7

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at HCSC (Richardson, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

After submitting an application for the position, a recruiter contacted me very quickly. However, the entire phone screen only lasted 15 minutes and, other than verifying some experiences on my resume, she only asked me one question. I got the feeling that they were just using me to "validate" internal candidates they had already picked. After that, I never heard from them again - not even a form letter to let me know I was no longer being considered. It's been nearly two months since that call.

Interview Questions

• Exactly one question: What is your leadership style?   1 Answer

Problem Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HCSC (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Initially, HR called me for a Phone screening. From there a manager called me with 2 other managers on the call and interviewing me over the phone. After that we had a lunch interview. They were very friendly, cordial and welcoming.

Senior Business Analyst - IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCSC (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Have seen this same job posted over and over which was somewhat suspicious. I did interview for the role but never heard back from HR. I know my skill sets were top caliber and have 15 years of experience in numerous IT technologies. Now that i have seen the outsourcing news i believe these jobs were intentionally 'unfilled' so HSCS could claim it could not find qualified employees while importing their H1B visas.

Interview Questions

• If they are importing H1Bs to do the work what is the point of even going through the questions. Their so called IT related computer test was the most difficult and antiquated Cobol related exam that again looks to have been designed that way from the go. The math and verbal portion was equally as hard and i am positive there is no H1B alive that could pass this test.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HCSC.

Interview

HR will contact you to set up an interview date and time. This is not the same person who will conduct your interview. At the first and second interview you will have one person asking standard Behavioral Interview questions and a second person writing down your answers. Depending on the department and the job role, you may be asked to a panel interview for the second or third interview. You should hear back from HR with a decline letter, or from your interviewer with a job offer within 1-2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Research and prepare for Behavioral Interview questions. They ask the standard stuff like "Tell me about a time when you worked with someone you disagreed with/ an extremely difficult project/ an extremely fulfilling project/etc.. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HCSC.

Interview

It was quick. First phone and then in person. The interview was very well organized. It was done by a small panel. Overall difficulty was medium. there were behavioral and project level questions.

Interview Questions

• Project phases and deliverables management. How will you handle escalation or difficult situation.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HCSC in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, wait for about 1 month, get a call from HR and told me that he can schedule an interview. Wait for another week, get an phone interview invitation. It is a 2 round phone interviews, 1 for 1 hour, and the other for 30 minutes. The 1 hour interview is basic java, spring, spring mvc, hibernate and sql questions, the second is about behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• what's the collections, difference between list, array, map, set.
      what's the annotation in spring and what they are used for
      what's the enumset, identifyhashmap, sql, hibernate, web service, soap, wsdl, wsal

Behavior questions
      why hcsc
      pick a time when you are bababbb and what you do and what's the result. give an example
      Answer Question

Manager Financial Systems and Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HCSC (Tulsa, OK) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the internal recruiter at our company to set up an interview. Since this is my current director I was at ease during the process. I presented my plan if I were to receive the promotion; however, I let my reputation speak for itself. Even though I have worked under this director for nine years, she was unaware of my BS and MBA degree. Upon wrapping up the interview, I was informed I was top candidate and they would be in touch to set up a second interview with my Senior VP.

Interview Questions

• How do I plan on being an effective manager working in a different location as staff?   1 Answer

Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at HCSC in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online on BCBS website and received an email about 1 month later. Spoke with recruiter briefly about salary and job description. She also sent me written info on benefit package. In person interview scheduled for next week. Panel interview was as expected with mostly behavioral questions. Managers took notes throughout interview. Managers were formal but engaging and seemed nice. An offer was made the following day and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• How would colleagues describe you? Give me an example of ... how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was better than expected--did not attempt to negotiate

Actuarial Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HCSC (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

They asked standard stuff like gpa and such. They were really nice even though i didnt make it through because I was still in school and some time away from graduation.

Utilization Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at HCSC in September 2016.

Interview

Telephonic interview with someone who was in Chicago and another person who was in Texas. Neither really seem to have a grasp of what was happening in the office or what the job entailed.

Interview Questions

• Lots of standard questions, but one was very interesting. They asked how would I handle an ethical issue with a behavioral health provider.   1 Answer