HD Supply Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

2.5

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HD Supply (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. There was an informal phone interview where we scheduled an in person interview on-site. The on-site interview took about an hour. Everyone was very friendly and the interview format was very conversational.

Interview Questions

• If an applicant was no longer applicable or qualified for a position due to a missed drug screening and the hiring manager needed that person to be hired -- what would you say to the applicant? What would you say to the hiring manager?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HD Supply (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

The process took few weeks since there was a schedule issue. You will first get a phone interview and if they feel comfortable they will ask you to come in face to face. The interview took about 2 hours which was broken down into 3 different sections. First was with development team second was with a direct team member and the third was with the director/hiring manager. The process was long and repetitive but not too bad.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HD Supply (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I went to the career fair and talked with one of the recruiters and applied online after that. Got the phone interview two days later. It lasted 20 minutes long.

Photographer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HD Supply (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

Fill out an online application to a recruiter. Had a phone interview with the recruiter, Passed.

I got an email to have a phone interview with HD Supply. He asked me questions like... what lights do you use? What's your favorite format? At the end of the interview he told me that I was the best they had interviewed yet.

Waited a few days and got an email requesting a second interview. After a week of emails, keeping me posted on what week they will be doing in-person interviews. I was told to come in on Thursday May 26. They emailed me who all would be in the interview. They also requested 5 references to fill out a 29 question survey on me ( you can wait to see how the interview went before sending out survey). I study all utube videos on the company, glassdoor and study the interview questions.

In the interview all the questions were about 6-7 behavioral questions. No technical question and no test. I did bring my photography and they just passed the photography books around. Everyone was very nice, but also hard to read. The interview was 1 hour long.

I waited 3 days and heard from my recruiter they went with a internal candidate referral. The whole process took a month. Very sad I really wanted the job......

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when........?

Have you photographed trade shows......?

What video background do you have?

Describe your workflow?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HD Supply (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter via phone, they conducted a 15 minute phone screen at the end they set up face-to-face with hiring manager. I met with three other associates during the same day, and then spoke with HR Vice President via phone

Accounting Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at HD Supply (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Started by going through 4 separate phone interviews on different days: HR, Hiring Manager, Panel interview with 3 peers, and interview with one direct report to the position. Heavy behavioral interview questions and very repetitive with same questions asked multiple times by different people. After phone interviews, an on site interview was scheduled Prior to the interview I received an email from hr asking me to get 5 references to do a 360 degree type questionnaire on me. They did not mention this in advance as being part of the interview process. They make it sound in the email that if you do't do it you will not go forward in the interview process. I received multiple follow up emails, almost daily and even over the weekend, from HR until it was completed. The on-site interview was approximately 6 hours. One of the direct reports took me to lunch. Talked to many of the same people as on phone interviews and again mostly behavioral questions and repetitive in nature. I left the interview and never heard another word back from this company in 2 months. I even followed up with HR guy via email. Very disrespectful of the candidate. Especially after wasting 5 of your references time in completing the 360. The 360 is completed by reference over web site. It is beyond what most references are typically expecting to provide and can be awkward.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when .... and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HD Supply (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and was emailed about a week later to conduct a phone interview. After i passed the phone interview I had to submit an online reference to send to 5 professional and personal references where they had to answer a series of questions about me. Then I was selected to conduct a 2 hour, face to face interview with the recruiting team, to include some over the phone with the West Coast recruiters. After my interview i sent a thank you email to the team and have heard NOTHING. I even emailed the lead recruiter and she still has not responded and it has been over a month since my interview. I think it would be common courtesy to at least respond with a no thank you, or we are still in the process of our selections. They even reposted the position which i took as a "no thank you", but human decency would to at least send out an automated "thank you but no thank you". This has left a very bad impression on this company and I'm not sure I would want to work for a company that can't even be courteous to respond within a month.

Interview Questions

HD Supply Response

Jul 28, 2015 – HR Leader

Thank you for sharing this information with us. We are concerned to hear about your experience as we value our broader talent community and maintain a consistent practice of following up with all... More

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HD Supply (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

For such a high level position the interview was quite limited. It consisted of hour long sessions with the hiring manager and a HR rep. The questions were very vanilla especially given I was an internal candidate. I know the process did get more in depth further down for those who made the subsequent cut. They involved meeting with senior leaders who were in some cases fairly rough.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you led and the success you had from it.   1 Answer

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HD Supply (Atlanta, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

Multiple interviews which could have been better streamlined. Met with three different levels of management on three different interview days. The whole process seemed unorganized and all of the interviews could have been done all on the same visit had it been planned better. However, the days/times were flexible so it worked out fine.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HD Supply (Norcross, GA) in March 2013.

Interview

Creative Director spent a lot of time hyping up the position, emphasizing how exciting an opportunity this is. Little to no questions about my portfolio or work experience. A lot of "blue-skying".

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working with executive level associates?   1 Answer