HDR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

52 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at HDR (Portland, OR) in August 2017.

Interview

I was brought in through a staffing agency for temp-to-hire position. The first interview was with the hiring manager. She elaborated on what the job would entail and asked about my professional experience to see how well it matched with what they needed. I was also given a proofreading test as that is an important element of the role. I was invited for a short second interview with a Sr Project Coordinator and HR. Their questions were more about my work style preferences.

Interview Questions

• In proofreading, are you comfortable calling out something that *may* be incorrect?   1 Answer
    • As a new person on a team, how do you get teammates to trust you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HDR.

Interview

Went through several rounds of interviews etc. and then never heard back from the recruiter/company

I found out they filled the position when I logged into the career portal.

It was disappointing to see the lack of follow-up considering the size of the company and how long they've been around.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HDR (Denver, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

Obviously weren't interested in the moment they saw me. I had quite a few contacts, was more than qualified, extensive experience. I quite frankly think it was ageism/insecurity. It was like the minute they looked at me - it was um. Nope. And then didn't make ANY effort whatsoever to even try to seem interested. They read off a sheet in a bored voice asking questions. I tried everything to get them to warm up. Nada. I will eat my resume if they didn't end up hiring someone 25 and under. I wrote a thank you, reached out, and never heard a response. Follow up is terrible. I think their HR dept based some where else would be horrified. Whole thing was very "whatever" and a waste of my time. Stop hiring for someone that looks "just like you" or that you "aren't threatened by" etc. Really humiliating experience. I work with so many other HDR execs and I am now sure to tell them what a horrible experience I had just interviewing.

Project Controls Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HDR (Vienna, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Live interview was pretty straight forward. People at the office in Vienna, VA were very friendly and accommodating. The HR person who set up the interview was not interactive at all; did not return phone calls. All correspondence was done via email. ( If I did not know the company, would not have gone to the interview....he made it seem very "fly by night")

Interview Questions

• Standard Interview questions regarding work history/ project history.   Answer Question

Transportation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HDR (Louisville, KY) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied to a position through an employee referral.
    Received a response in about 3 weeks. Scheduled an interview for the following week. Interview was informal, lasted just over 1 hour. If you have confidence in yourself and are able to hold a conversation, this style is very easy.
    I wore a suit, interviewers were more casual, but the suit was the way to go.

I am still waiting on a response, hopefully will be soon. Will update when I hear back.

Total time, from application to present: 1 month

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in HDR?   Answer Question
    • What kind of projects have you been involved with, and what was your role?   Answer Question
    • What are skills you have learned/applied with a project, what skills have you only been able to apply in a class/training environment?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HDR in January 2017.

Interview

The initial interview was a virtual interview performed through a third party client. There were around five questions and you were allowed to review answers before submitting them. Each question allowed a total of four retries.

Interview Questions

• What part of HDR is most intriguing to you for your career as a Civil Engineer?   Answer Question

Hydraulics EIT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HDR (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

I applied online. I received a call from a recruiter about a week and a half later and chatted about my interests and the company. I got an email regarding the benefits package and with links to fill out the more thorough application. Soon after I got another email scheduling an in-person interview. The interview was very comfortable and without surprises. We talked about my goals and experience, and more about the company and job responsibilities. This was about a week ago and they said I would hear back in 3, so I will update this when I hear back.

Interview Questions

• What have you modelled in HEC-RAS?

What do you aspire to do?   1 Answer

Senior Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HDR (Omaha, NE) in November 2016.

Interview

Received a call from a recruiter asking me to come in the next day to meet with the hiring manager. I was able to make this work on short notice and left the interview feeling very confident. The hiring manger said I "could pretty much expect a call" from her to meet with the rest of the team the following week. I sent her a thank-you email which received no response. After I didn't hear from her about a week and a half later, I sent a follow-up email. No response. Two months later, I received a standard rejection letter email from HR. I was pretty disappointed in the lack of communication through the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your current role.   1 Answer

Project Scheduler- Rails Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at HDR in October 2016.

Interview

Brief interview about background and general career advice. No communication made at all.
    Not much info on the skills they were looking for and seemed like they had not really decided they wanted someone on the position.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HDR (Arlington, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was very simple, someone had reached out to me from their corporate HR and had a preliminary interview with me. She scheduled an on-phone interview with the CEO and the HR representative in Arlington. It went well and they scheduled an in-person interview. I had an interview with them in person, and they said they liked my questions and that they would call me in a couple of days. Never came. They never called me back, never sent me an email, never heard from them again. I even followed up with them and sent them thank you emails, and asked about the process, and no response whatsoever. I was very disappointed to say the least, especially because I thought it went so well and how unprofessional it was they never responded or even told me they moved on.

Interview Questions

• What projects have you done at your previous jobs that make you qualified for this one?   Answer Question