HDR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.7

Transportation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HDR (Louisville, KY) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied to a position through an employee referral.
    Received a response in about 3 weeks. Scheduled an interview for the following week. Interview was informal, lasted just over 1 hour. If you have confidence in yourself and are able to hold a conversation, this style is very easy.
    I wore a suit, interviewers were more casual, but the suit was the way to go.

I am still waiting on a response, hopefully will be soon. Will update when I hear back.

Total time, from application to present: 1 month

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in HDR?   Answer Question
    • What kind of projects have you been involved with, and what was your role?   Answer Question
    • What are skills you have learned/applied with a project, what skills have you only been able to apply in a class/training environment?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HDR in January 2017.

Interview

The initial interview was a virtual interview performed through a third party client. There were around five questions and you were allowed to review answers before submitting them. Each question allowed a total of four retries.

Interview Questions

• What part of HDR is most intriguing to you for your career as a Civil Engineer?   Answer Question

Hydraulics EIT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HDR (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

I applied online. I received a call from a recruiter about a week and a half later and chatted about my interests and the company. I got an email regarding the benefits package and with links to fill out the more thorough application. Soon after I got another email scheduling an in-person interview. The interview was very comfortable and without surprises. We talked about my goals and experience, and more about the company and job responsibilities. This was about a week ago and they said I would hear back in 3, so I will update this when I hear back.

Interview Questions

• What have you modelled in HEC-RAS?

What do you aspire to do?
      Answer Question

Senior Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HDR (Omaha, NE) in November 2016.

Interview

Received a call from a recruiter asking me to come in the next day to meet with the hiring manager. I was able to make this work on short notice and left the interview feeling very confident. The hiring manger said I "could pretty much expect a call" from her to meet with the rest of the team the following week. I sent her a thank-you email which received no response. After I didn't hear from her about a week and a half later, I sent a follow-up email. No response. Two months later, I received a standard rejection letter email from HR. I was pretty disappointed in the lack of communication through the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your current role.   1 Answer

Senior Transportation Planner Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HDR in September 2016.

Interview

I applied on just to see what the market was. We had a long interview which seemed to go well, but I got no offer. I've no problem with that however I also received no aknowledgement of my follow up to the hiring manager on their status.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HDR (Arlington, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was very simple, someone had reached out to me from their corporate HR and had a preliminary interview with me. She scheduled an on-phone interview with the CEO and the HR representative in Arlington. It went well and they scheduled an in-person interview. I had an interview with them in person, and they said they liked my questions and that they would call me in a couple of days. Never came. They never called me back, never sent me an email, never heard from them again. I even followed up with them and sent them thank you emails, and asked about the process, and no response whatsoever. I was very disappointed to say the least, especially because I thought it went so well and how unprofessional it was they never responded or even told me they moved on.

Interview Questions

• What projects have you done at your previous jobs that make you qualified for this one?   Answer Question

GIS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HDR (Charlotte, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with 6 different people over the course of two hours. It was rather grueling and uncomfortable in parts. Didn't make me feel like I wanted to be part of the team there. Several men were showing me things and asking if I could do them. Just really abrasive. The manager was very nice though. I wasn't interested in the location either. Recruiter really dropped the ball. They knew I needed a response right away and they waited more than a month to get back to me. No worries though because I knew I wasn't interested in the job.

Structural Engineer In Training Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HDR.

Interview

1-hour long in-person interview. I thought it went well afterwards. A lot of technical questions about your qualifications and experience. Non-technical questions like what do you like to do in your spare time?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why do you want to work in this field?   Answer Question

Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HDR (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

Very quick, had resume forwarded by employee and was contacted within one week for interview. Very straight forwards questions, asked about experience and things on resume. However, the process afterwards wasn't positive. They emailed me to tell me that I should be expecting to hear back within two weeks. After a month I contacted my interviewer and he explained they had not yet come to decision and that I would be informed either way... I wasn't, they never contacted me to say yes or no.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HDR.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the HR representative and two members of the team that lasted about 30 minutes. I was told then that they would let me know by the end of the following week whether or not they were interested in a second interview. I didn't hear anything after a week and a half, so I reached out to the HR rep and still never received a response of any sort, either positive or negative. Not impressed with their follow up abilities.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company   1 Answer
    • What experience do you have working with deadlines   Answer Question