HDR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HDR Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.5

Project Scheduler- Rails Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at HDR in October 2016.

Interview

Brief interview about background and general career advice. No communication made at all.
    Not much info on the skills they were looking for and seemed like they had not really decided they wanted someone on the position.

Senior Transportation Planner Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HDR in September 2016.

Interview

I applied on just to see what the market was. We had a long interview which seemed to go well, but I got no offer. I've no problem with that however I also received no aknowledgement of my follow up to the hiring manager on their status.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HDR (Arlington, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was very simple, someone had reached out to me from their corporate HR and had a preliminary interview with me. She scheduled an on-phone interview with the CEO and the HR representative in Arlington. It went well and they scheduled an in-person interview. I had an interview with them in person, and they said they liked my questions and that they would call me in a couple of days. Never came. They never called me back, never sent me an email, never heard from them again. I even followed up with them and sent them thank you emails, and asked about the process, and no response whatsoever. I was very disappointed to say the least, especially because I thought it went so well and how unprofessional it was they never responded or even told me they moved on.

Interview Questions

• What projects have you done at your previous jobs that make you qualified for this one?   Answer Question

Junior Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HDR.

Interview

I applied online, it took about a week. The interview was brief and efficient. There was no pressure from the interviewer. I got offer the next day. As long as you demonstrate your confidence in yourself being the best fit for this position you should be ok.

Project Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HDR (Portland, OR).

Interview

Initial 20-30 minute phone interview with HR and Finance Manager. Warm, friendly people and informal questions to review work history and experience. Second tier was an in person interview with Finance Manager and Sr. Project Controller/Accountant. The interview lasted about an hour and covered both technical skills and behavioral questions. The final tier is a third, in-person interview with Finance Manager and senior management.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you experienced conflict with a supervisor and how was it resolved?   Answer Question

GIS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HDR (Charlotte, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with 6 different people over the course of two hours. It was rather grueling and uncomfortable in parts. Didn't make me feel like I wanted to be part of the team there. Several men were showing me things and asking if I could do them. Just really abrasive. The manager was very nice though. I wasn't interested in the location either. Recruiter really dropped the ball. They knew I needed a response right away and they waited more than a month to get back to me. No worries though because I knew I wasn't interested in the job.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HDR (Irvine, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I first did a phone interview with the manager of the department. I was called in for an interview with a panel of 4 people. The interview was really a conversation, which I liked instead of the normal “please tell us about your experience.” I thought I had really connected with the team. They said they wanted to move forward with me, I was so excited, thinking I had a job.

Interview Questions

• I thought I was interviewing for a project coordinator position and it turned into an admin position that included making coffee. The job description was more technical than an admin position and I would have never have applied for the job if it was an admin position.

When they said they wanted to move forward with meant they would be doing a background check, but instead they wanted me to take a test including Excel, Word, Business Writing, and Outlook. I have been using these products since the early 90's   1 Answer

Water/Wastewater EIT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at HDR (Vienna, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

I had read about the interview process being very short. When I arrived at my first interview they told me it would be quick- 40 minutes. However the third person I spoke with ended up being a whole hour. This seemed like a good sign, and was. I had a second interview 3 weeks later with the VP. A week later I heard back for a background check, a couple days after that I was provided an offer.

Structural Engineer In Training Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HDR.

Interview

1-hour long in-person interview. I thought it went well afterwards. A lot of technical questions about your qualifications and experience. Non-technical questions like what do you like to do in your spare time?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why do you want to work in this field?   Answer Question

Water/Wastewater Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HDR (Baltimore, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online near end of February and received interview at the end of March. The interview itself lasted about 30 minutes. I had a standing offer at the time and they were willing to expedite the hiring process for me. Afterwards I was able to immediately get an offer and get through the paperwork. The interviewer was a Water/Wastewater EIT, and continues to be my supervisor after my job started.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are about my experiences, education background and interest. Talked a lot of interested treatment technologies. No behavioral questions.   Answer Question