HERE Technologies Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

HERE Technologies Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Apr 24, 2017

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was long and the communication from both the hiring manager and HR was non-existent. It was clear the hiring manager was unsure of what they were looking for but they did not do a very good job of communicating.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience and how it relates to the role?   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I got a call from technical recruiter after few weeks of my online application submission. He asked general background question and scheduled interview with team lead. I had 1 hour technical interview with him and they will ask wide range of question like core java, data structure, algorithm, Scala and do some code exercise for half an hour.
     I passed the technical interview with team lead and then they scheduled onsite interview with other team members. Cannot disclose questions because of NDA. But this interview is pretty easy than the first technical interview.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Here is hiring software developers of all capacity and I was fortunate to get a call through a staffing company. I had phone interview with a team member and the questions were mainly in Java/ enterprise domain. I was also asked questions on past experiences. After that I was called onsite to meet and interview with the team. I was interviewed by 2 people at a time, 2 such interviews. Their focus was on problem solving, approach, architecture, scalability, java nuances, etc.

Overall, very talented, seasoned engineers with a role that gives you good opportunity to learn big data, Hadoop, AWS, all the hot technologies.

Interview Questions

• Architecture of project, Java OOPS, Maximum rectangle to fit list of given points on co-ordinate system, Fibonacci, etc.   Answer Question

Unfortunately had to pass the role as it was contract to hire and I wasn't comfortable taking it up.

Operations Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

I was called by hr and followed by a phone interview and then face to face interview. Very general q regarding the resume. Don't pay that well but benefit seemed good.

Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

30 minutes Phone interview (1st interview ) - 45 minutes Phone interview (2nd interview) - office visit - met 6 team members (3 hours) - Offer expectations set
    No offer made.

Interview Questions

• I visited the office for an in person interview. Was very confident that I'll get the job because I have done everything they are doing at HERE. The hiring manager called me the same evening and told me that they will offer me the job. Got me excited!   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied online and heard back within a week from the internal recruiter. The internal recruiter would only communicate via email. After the first round, the second round was set u within a week. Met with 4 different people. I applied for a non-technical role, but one of the interviewers asked me technical programming questions - really weird. He also had a very thick accent and was difficult to follow. I never heard back from the recruiter. I had another offer - and called the recruiter to follow up. However, his number didnt work. Really bizarre recruiting process.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Two phone calls followed by 2 onsite interviews. I guess I was a local resident, so was called onsite.

Interview Questions

• Interviews are not easy, you have to prepare well on algorithms. Can't disclose questions because of NDA.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

I had an employee referral and applied to the company. A recruiter contacted me and invited me to interview on-site in Chicago. The interviews last most of the day. They start off with an overview of the company. There's 4 30 minutes interviews all back to back. They end the interview with dinner with the rest of the interns who interviewed that day. Heard back within 3 weeks with an offer.

Interview Questions

• data structures & algorithms (LinkedLists, Maps, etc).   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

I was invited in for a college interview day along with about 10 other college students from several colleges graduating the current year. We each had 4 different 30 minute interviews with people from 4 different departments. My understanding of the process was that the person of the 4 who liked us the most would then be able to offer us a job or bring us in for a follow up interview.
    Two weeks later I get an email from a HERE recruiter with "Job Offer!" in the title. He then calls me and starts discussing salary, saying he'll send me a concrete offer later that afternoon. I don't here from him until after the weekend, when he backtracks on the offer saying I have to come in for another interview and asks me when I'm free.
    Instead of calling back with a concrete time for the interview later, the next day a different recruiter sends me an email saying they can't offer me a job at this time. His reasoning was that his department can only give offers out a couple weeks in advance, but I wouldn't be graduating until the spring, and invited me to REAPPLY from scratch in a couple months.
    This was an incredibly frustrating experience. If his department has these kinds of limitations, you think that would be the first thing they check, even before scheduling an interview at a COLLEGE interview day. This was by far the most unprofessional thing I've encountered while looking for a job.

Interview Questions

• SQL whiteboarding questions   Answer Question
    • Write a recursive and iterative algorithm for the fibonacci sequence   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Had a 45-minute in-person interview at the university next day (which the interviewer told me that it will replace the phone interview), and was soon told that they would schedule an on-site interview with me.

The on-site interview was consisted of four 45-minute technical interviews and one 15-minute session speaking with the HR manager. It is really nice speaking with the people and we had thorough discussions on some of the technical questions. Although I cannot disclose the interview questions due to an NDA, I would recommend anyone applying to know Java and system design really well, in addition to those must-know algorithms and data structures.