HERE Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.9

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied online and heard back within a week from the internal recruiter. The internal recruiter would only communicate via email. After the first round, the second round was set u within a week. Met with 4 different people. I applied for a non-technical role, but one of the interviewers asked me technical programming questions - really weird. He also had a very thick accent and was difficult to follow. I never heard back from the recruiter. I had another offer - and called the recruiter to follow up. However, his number didnt work. Really bizarre recruiting process.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Carlsbad, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Met engineers at the university career fair. Got a call from the hiring manager 2 months later to set up a 1 hour long phone call. The interview process was very structured, with questions well abstracted out into categories like Data structures, algorithms, 3D modelling, OS concepts etc. Did not hear back from Here after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Data structures, algorithms, 3D modelling, OS concepts etc.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

First ask me some C++ questions and then some data structure problems. Then ask me if I learnt algebra and some basic questions about algebra. Followed by some 3D graphics problem. The second part is two basic C++ programs and need to write the result they get.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about data structure, c++, algebra and 3D graphics.   Answer Question

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (San Diego, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

During recruiter call and phone screening, a lot of promises were made. The first 5 minutes of in-person interview were then spent by hiring manager, backpedaling to lower job title.

There was no 1-on-1 interview, only a 3-4 engineer panel white boarding session. Questions overall were average difficulty, with a strong technical focus and not much about experience/personality.

The office has typical novice interviewers that were looking for an exact match with their expected algorithm and that did a poor job of describing the problems to solve. Also, there was very little feedback, so it was hard to tell whether that zoned out look means my solution was a) wrong, b) too hard for interviewer to understand, or c) interviewer was bored.

Interview Questions

• The word problem and sample data were ill-defined, but what they were looking for was this:
      Given an ordered list, find elements i and j that have the largest difference (element[i]-element[j]). Constraints: j>i and time complexity O(n).
      1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Two phone calls followed by 2 onsite interviews. I guess I was a local resident, so was called onsite.

Interview Questions

• Interviews are not easy, you have to prepare well on algorithms. Can't disclose questions because of NDA.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (San Diego, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Had two rounds, One phone call and another onsite .
    Phone call was with the Director of Engineering, rapid fire interview ( simple output coding(google docs) a lot of basic math, OOPs, design patterns, Core c++, Application design ( front end to back end). They just test your depth of knowledge. It is okay if you don't answer everything if you have never worked with them ( I am new grad(master student) and really young) .

Heard back from them within a week to come over for a onsite interview.

Onsite Interview. Lunch with Team. Then i think it was a really long interview from 1 to 4:30pm Follow up with director for 2 hours. They asked a lot of questions again from the same domain. I guess its just to test your adaptability to stress and how you answer at that moment. I didn't know many concepts in Cpp or OOPs but they try to give me hints as i was inexperienced. Two 3D Math questions, 2 coding questions( one dynamic and another just string reversal) and alot of OOPs and Cpp trick questions , design patterns etc. I managed to answer most of them , but i could see one interviewer losing his patience , coz i was not familar or didn't understand many topics they asked.( I guess my inexperience was shown there) , There was also an old engineer who was being interviewed. I guess the director really liked me, but i guess my inexperience was really obvious inspite of me answering most of them. All intelligent engineers work there but i guess they should have put into consideration that i was inexperienced and not promoted my onsite from a software engineer to a senior software engineer.

They asked me dates for an internship instead of a fulltime, but later the director told me the HR had difficulty approving it. It was really bad on their part to keep me waiting/ emailing back really late and they told me that are sorry and that they would consider me for a summer internship but i have not heard from them since so i think i should consider it as a no and move on. In spite of other job offers , i wanted to work on their team , because their work seemed really interesting, so i declined all others i got from more bigger players etc. I have also not received travel reimbursement from them for the interview which i was promised.

Engineers, Director and all are great, the work seems great but it just didn't work out.

It's okay it worked out in the end because i am joining another great company that is offering me really competitive job offer and i think i will be joining them.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I got the interview from a recruiter, then a call from Manager. He asked about projects, java questions, but he did not seem knowlegeable at all.
    After I got feedback from the recruiter, I learned that they have rejected me because I said in 5 yrz I wanna be involved on managerial scale. Obviously they didn't like that because they wanna keep people at the bottom and prevent them from advancing..
    They give jobs to their friends and people who fit their national and ethic group, everybody knows everyone.
    This company is practicing racisl, ethnic and nation origin descrimination.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HERE Technologies in December 2015.

Interview

I attended the on-site interview on December. There are four groups' leader to interview with and each interview session lasted about 45 minutes and a 15 minutes break.
    They asked me questions based on my CV and a lot of Java questions.
    People are very nice and friendly.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

I had an employee referral and applied to the company. A recruiter contacted me and invited me to interview on-site in Chicago. The interviews last most of the day. They start off with an overview of the company. There's 4 30 minutes interviews all back to back. They end the interview with dinner with the rest of the interns who interviewed that day. Heard back within 3 weeks with an offer.

Interview Questions

• data structures & algorithms (LinkedLists, Maps, etc).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

I was invited in for a college interview day along with about 10 other college students from several colleges graduating the current year. We each had 4 different 30 minute interviews with people from 4 different departments. My understanding of the process was that the person of the 4 who liked us the most would then be able to offer us a job or bring us in for a follow up interview.
    Two weeks later I get an email from a HERE recruiter with "Job Offer!" in the title. He then calls me and starts discussing salary, saying he'll send me a concrete offer later that afternoon. I don't here from him until after the weekend, when he backtracks on the offer saying I have to come in for another interview and asks me when I'm free.
    Instead of calling back with a concrete time for the interview later, the next day a different recruiter sends me an email saying they can't offer me a job at this time. His reasoning was that his department can only give offers out a couple weeks in advance, but I wouldn't be graduating until the spring, and invited me to REAPPLY from scratch in a couple months.
    This was an incredibly frustrating experience. If his department has these kinds of limitations, you think that would be the first thing they check, even before scheduling an interview at a COLLEGE interview day. This was by far the most unprofessional thing I've encountered while looking for a job.

Interview Questions

• SQL whiteboarding questions   Answer Question
    • Write a recursive and iterative algorithm for the fibonacci sequence   1 Answer