HERE Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HERE Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2017

2.9

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HERE Technologies in December 2015.

Interview

I attended the on-site interview on December. There are four groups' leader to interview with and each interview session lasted about 45 minutes and a 15 minutes break.
    They asked me questions based on my CV and a lot of Java questions.
    People are very nice and friendly.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I got the interview from a recruiter, then a call from Manager. He asked about projects, java questions, but he did not seem knowlegeable at all.
    After I got feedback from the recruiter, I learned that they have rejected me because I said in 5 yrz I wanna be involved on managerial scale. Obviously they didn't like that because they wanna keep people at the bottom and prevent them from advancing..
    They give jobs to their friends and people who fit their national and ethic group, everybody knows everyone.
    This company is practicing racisl, ethnic and nation origin descrimination.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

I had an employee referral and applied to the company. A recruiter contacted me and invited me to interview on-site in Chicago. The interviews last most of the day. They start off with an overview of the company. There's 4 30 minutes interviews all back to back. They end the interview with dinner with the rest of the interns who interviewed that day. Heard back within 3 weeks with an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

I was invited in for a college interview day along with about 10 other college students from several colleges graduating the current year. We each had 4 different 30 minute interviews with people from 4 different departments. My understanding of the process was that the person of the 4 who liked us the most would then be able to offer us a job or bring us in for a follow up interview.
    Two weeks later I get an email from a HERE recruiter with "Job Offer!" in the title. He then calls me and starts discussing salary, saying he'll send me a concrete offer later that afternoon. I don't here from him until after the weekend, when he backtracks on the offer saying I have to come in for another interview and asks me when I'm free.
    Instead of calling back with a concrete time for the interview later, the next day a different recruiter sends me an email saying they can't offer me a job at this time. His reasoning was that his department can only give offers out a couple weeks in advance, but I wouldn't be graduating until the spring, and invited me to REAPPLY from scratch in a couple months.
    This was an incredibly frustrating experience. If his department has these kinds of limitations, you think that would be the first thing they check, even before scheduling an interview at a COLLEGE interview day. This was by far the most unprofessional thing I've encountered while looking for a job.

Interview Questions

• SQL whiteboarding questions   Answer Question
    • Write a recursive and iterative algorithm for the fibonacci sequence   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Had a 45-minute in-person interview at the university next day (which the interviewer told me that it will replace the phone interview), and was soon told that they would schedule an on-site interview with me.

The on-site interview was consisted of four 45-minute technical interviews and one 15-minute session speaking with the HR manager. It is really nice speaking with the people and we had thorough discussions on some of the technical questions. Although I cannot disclose the interview questions due to an NDA, I would recommend anyone applying to know Java and system design really well, in addition to those must-know algorithms and data structures.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

It consisted of 4 hours meeting in person. 3 different people stopped into a conference room and reviewed my resume, asked me questions about my background, and then quizzed me on programming problems.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you might build a software system that needs to provide real-time data to a vehicle.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Asked several questions about linear algebra and classes taken. As hiring interns, the process was not very long. Mainly taking the resume and introducing the company. Accepting international students as summer interns.

Interview Questions

• Asks if I had taken linear algebra and computer vision.   Answer Question

Software Developer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I was given the assignment to code, then I was interviewed on a phone, and finally they called me into the office for a final round.
    I got interviewed by 2 managers and then 3 more teammates.
    One managers asked me to write a Python code for the BUZZ/FUZZ children's game on a board.
    Another manager asked about some specific project item they are working on.
    Team members asked some SQL related questions and how would I deal with some development problems.

Interview Questions

• The interview was 2.5 hours with 30 minutes sessions per person. So, it was 5 people total one after another.
      1. SQL - tell me how to get second greatest value from the set of multiple ones.
      2. Python- write BUZZ/FUZZ children's game code using Python.
      3. Tell me about your reporting experience using Tableau or similar tool.
      4. What was your greatest achievement on a prior project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I talked with the recruiter in university career fair, and about two days later, I received an email from HERE said that they want to schedule a time to discuss my background and interests. I talked with a very nice HR, and she gave me a detailed introduction of HERE and asked which area I was most interested in. After that, she said she will forward my resume to the specific team. I'm now waiting for the second phone interview from that team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about your background in the area of automative driving.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

2-3 hours interview process, where different people come in and check your skill set in different areas. Each group may take 20 - 40 mins that involves technical and you may meet some of your upcoming team members.