HERE Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.9

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied through the career fair at school for the Seattle office that had just been acquired. The entire process consisted of four hours with different interviewers. Each person talked for 45 minutes and asked high level questions about general programming and a bit about past experience. Some people seemed surprisingly cold.

Interview Questions

• Ex. Can you describe multi-threading? SQL and NoSQL questions. What's the difference between inheritance and interface? Passing by reference and passing by value. The comparable interface vs the equal sign.

More detailed technical questions:

1. Implement a binary search method with an array.
      2. Write a method to print out all forms of an anagram
      3. Find all combinations of numbers in an array that can be summed to get a specific value

Some questions were given via a piece of paper for me to look for why the code looked wrong. Interviewer was very unclear on what I was actually supposed to be looking for.

Questions aren't too hard and should be pretty straightforward if studied for correctly.
      Answer Question

Quality Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HERE Technologies.

Interview

It was cool and respectful they briefly introduced to them and the technology they used, 6 people all together one by one .I did not find any one dominating or expressing something you don't no when you take pause and replay to their questions. They all answered all my questions very politely and respectfully.

Interview Questions

• not really i was prepared for all.   1 Answer

Interview

Know your design patters and know how to whiteboard. Make sure you actually know Java if you plan to interview for a Java position. They were big on white boarding, expect quite a few questions asking you to code a solution for this or that. Possibly explain a design pattern in code. Know your core Java, the diff between an abstract class and an interface.

Interview Questions

• White board a function to calculate a Fibonacci sequence for n.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They met me half way between how much I wanted and how much I made at my last job.

Mobile Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Chicago, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

Interview process was relatively simple.
    One round of on-campus interview. Was called On-site following the on-campus interview.
    The on-site interview was easy. Talked about past experience and did some whiteboard coding.
    After the interview, the HR representative said that they would get back to us within 10-15 days.
    Didn't hear anything till about 5 months later, after numerous attempts on following up and being redirected to different people in the HR department.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to explain how I implemented one of my past projects. Data structures, algorithms, etc.   Answer Question

Key Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Chicago, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process was professional and average in difficulty. Met with many employees.Biggest take away was you need to ask questions and show your general knowledge of the location cloud industry

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HERE Technologies.

Interview

Initial phone screen with the typical technical questions. Three hour on-site interview, meeting with other engineers and a manager. On-site interview is more start-up like. In addition to in-depth technical questions, there are questions about work experience, problem solving, logical problems. No written or online tests.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Able to negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HERE Technologies.

Interview

Had a talk at Career fair. Then a phone screen, followed by an onsite interview. Most questions were about Object Oriented Programming, Algorithm and data structure. The questions are not difficult, but I didn't answer them all correctly. I think the exprience for both sides were positive. About 3-4 coding problems. All are basic problems.

Interview Questions

• describe the whole process how computer turn code into executable.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

I saw them on-campus. Asked for an on-campus interview. Invited to on-site interview at HERE in November. Didn't hear back from them until late March. Asked to interview with one team; interviewed with them. Didn't hear back yet. Asked again by a different recruiter to interview with them. Didn't hear back.

Interview Questions

• Write the fibonacci sequence function. Design questions.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Contacted by a recruitment company. Process take 4 weeks. Three phone interviews 1-1 hr each with different team members. All are technical scenario based questions, some small problem algorithms. Java collection, web service, unit testing, Agile and more core java.
    After 3 full length phone interview they ask for face to face for 4-5 hrs with 4-5 different people.
    Again same kind of questions. They want me to right actual running code on white board they are not satisfied with flow chart or pseudo which is annoying. I was there for BigData so they asked my MapReduce, HDFS and few Hive questions. For 3 phone interview and 5 onsite sessions (in one day) they questions and the interview pattern are same.
    They want outside candidate to come face to face to interview but no expense reimbursement.

Interview Questions

• One of the onsite interviewer has very hard accent, I was having very hard time understanding his language. Also he wanted to explain one problem which I did but he wanted to know different solution as per his expectation and till last he was kind of stuck in that problem only. One can see frustration on my face for that and I thing that was the deal breaker   Answer Question

QA Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone screen then interview. Was 4+ hours, with different members of team, together, and then one on one, and other members from other teams. Interview included basic questions about how to code something, along with some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Wasn't a hard question, but was a question I wasn't prepared for....Something along the lines of, you did so and so, and it failed, what will you do?   Answer Question