HERE Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HERE Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Jan 17, 2018

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

I was invited in for a college interview day along with about 10 other college students from several colleges graduating the current year. We each had 4 different 30 minute interviews with people from 4 different departments. My understanding of the process was that the person of the 4 who liked us the most would then be able to offer us a job or bring us in for a follow up interview.
    Two weeks later I get an email from a HERE recruiter with "Job Offer!" in the title. He then calls me and starts discussing salary, saying he'll send me a concrete offer later that afternoon. I don't here from him until after the weekend, when he backtracks on the offer saying I have to come in for another interview and asks me when I'm free.
    Instead of calling back with a concrete time for the interview later, the next day a different recruiter sends me an email saying they can't offer me a job at this time. His reasoning was that his department can only give offers out a couple weeks in advance, but I wouldn't be graduating until the spring, and invited me to REAPPLY from scratch in a couple months.
    This was an incredibly frustrating experience. If his department has these kinds of limitations, you think that would be the first thing they check, even before scheduling an interview at a COLLEGE interview day. This was by far the most unprofessional thing I've encountered while looking for a job.

Interview Questions

• SQL whiteboarding questions   Answer Question
    • Write a recursive and iterative algorithm for the fibonacci sequence   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Had a 45-minute in-person interview at the university next day (which the interviewer told me that it will replace the phone interview), and was soon told that they would schedule an on-site interview with me.

The on-site interview was consisted of four 45-minute technical interviews and one 15-minute session speaking with the HR manager. It is really nice speaking with the people and we had thorough discussions on some of the technical questions. Although I cannot disclose the interview questions due to an NDA, I would recommend anyone applying to know Java and system design really well, in addition to those must-know algorithms and data structures.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

It consisted of 4 hours meeting in person. 3 different people stopped into a conference room and reviewed my resume, asked me questions about my background, and then quizzed me on programming problems.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you might build a software system that needs to provide real-time data to a vehicle.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Asked several questions about linear algebra and classes taken. As hiring interns, the process was not very long. Mainly taking the resume and introducing the company. Accepting international students as summer interns.

Interview Questions

• Asks if I had taken linear algebra and computer vision.   Answer Question

Software Developer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I was given the assignment to code, then I was interviewed on a phone, and finally they called me into the office for a final round.
    I got interviewed by 2 managers and then 3 more teammates.
    One managers asked me to write a Python code for the BUZZ/FUZZ children's game on a board.
    Another manager asked about some specific project item they are working on.
    Team members asked some SQL related questions and how would I deal with some development problems.

Interview Questions

• The interview was 2.5 hours with 30 minutes sessions per person. So, it was 5 people total one after another.
      1. SQL - tell me how to get second greatest value from the set of multiple ones.
      2. Python- write BUZZ/FUZZ children's game code using Python.
      3. Tell me about your reporting experience using Tableau or similar tool.
      4. What was your greatest achievement on a prior project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I talked with the recruiter in university career fair, and about two days later, I received an email from HERE said that they want to schedule a time to discuss my background and interests. I talked with a very nice HR, and she gave me a detailed introduction of HERE and asked which area I was most interested in. After that, she said she will forward my resume to the specific team. I'm now waiting for the second phone interview from that team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about your background in the area of automative driving.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

2-3 hours interview process, where different people come in and check your skill set in different areas. Each group may take 20 - 40 mins that involves technical and you may meet some of your upcoming team members.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HERE Technologies.

Interview

Phone Behavior Interview: Basic interview for behavioral screening

Five 'speed-dating' Interviews on-site: Interviewed with organization leaders and answered a variety of questions ranging from experience to technical to behavior. Some coding required on paper, some logical questions as well

One Final Phone Interview with the organization leader that 'chose' candidate. Mostly experience questions.

Tools Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview was held in the offices of the recruiter, which I found odd. I later realized that this is because they had a series of interviews scheduled. Everyone had twenty-five minutes to impress them and then "NEXT!"

This obviously took the place of a phone screen. I would have much preferred that as a first contact with the company.

Perhaps this is complaint against the recruiter, but I was originally told the position was in Cambridge, but during the interview found out it was in Burlington.

Did not hear back from them, I had to follow up to find out they were not interested.

Interview Questions

• Questions were technical and specific relating my experience to the requirements of the position. The interviewer was pleasant and knowledgeable.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Interview

Spent about 4-5 for interview. Very technical as well. They want the best talent and reason why they are do so well. Just compare google maps to here maps and you can see why their maps are SO much better.