HERE Technologies Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HERE Technologies Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.1

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Here is hiring software developers of all capacity and I was fortunate to get a call through a staffing company. I had phone interview with a team member and the questions were mainly in Java/ enterprise domain. I was also asked questions on past experiences. After that I was called onsite to meet and interview with the team. I was interviewed by 2 people at a time, 2 such interviews. Their focus was on problem solving, approach, architecture, scalability, java nuances, etc.

Overall, very talented, seasoned engineers with a role that gives you good opportunity to learn big data, Hadoop, AWS, all the hot technologies.

Interview Questions

• Architecture of project, Java OOPS, Maximum rectangle to fit list of given points on co-ordinate system, Fibonacci, etc.   Answer Question

Unfortunately had to pass the role as it was contract to hire and I wasn't comfortable taking it up.

Other Interview Reviews for HERE Technologies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

It consisted of 4 hours meeting in person. 3 different people stopped into a conference room and reviewed my resume, asked me questions about my background, and then quizzed me on programming problems.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you might build a software system that needs to provide real-time data to a vehicle.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

2-3 hours interview process, where different people come in and check your skill set in different areas. Each group may take 20 - 40 mins that involves technical and you may meet some of your upcoming team members.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Know your design patters and know how to whiteboard. Make sure you actually know Java if you plan to interview for a Java position. They were big on white boarding, expect quite a few questions asking you to code a solution for this or that. Possibly explain a design pattern in code. Know your core Java, the diff between an abstract class and an interface.

Interview Questions

• White board a function to calculate a Fibonacci sequence for n.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They met me half way between how much I wanted and how much I made at my last job.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HERE Technologies.

Interview

Initial phone screen with the typical technical questions. Three hour on-site interview, meeting with other engineers and a manager. On-site interview is more start-up like. In addition to in-depth technical questions, there are questions about work experience, problem solving, logical problems. No written or online tests.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Able to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Contacted by a recruitment company. Process take 4 weeks. Three phone interviews 1-1 hr each with different team members. All are technical scenario based questions, some small problem algorithms. Java collection, web service, unit testing, Agile and more core java.
    After 3 full length phone interview they ask for face to face for 4-5 hrs with 4-5 different people.
    Again same kind of questions. They want me to right actual running code on white board they are not satisfied with flow chart or pseudo which is annoying. I was there for BigData so they asked my MapReduce, HDFS and few Hive questions. For 3 phone interview and 5 onsite sessions (in one day) they questions and the interview pattern are same.
    They want outside candidate to come face to face to interview but no expense reimbursement.

Interview Questions

• One of the onsite interviewer has very hard accent, I was having very hard time understanding his language. Also he wanted to explain one problem which I did but he wanted to know different solution as per his expectation and till last he was kind of stuck in that problem only. One can see frustration on my face for that and I thing that was the deal breaker   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

3 step process:
    1) Technical Recruiter contacts you, tries to determine whether you fit the position being offered based on experience and keywords in your resume (the technical recruiter has no technical background).
    2) Phone Interview: There is a scheduled 30 min phone interview where you will be asked basic questions about the main languages for the position at hand.
    3) In Person Interview: there is a series of 4-45 minute interviews with a pair of interviewers each. The final pair will be the hiring manager and her/his 2nd in command (the ScrumMaster of the group).
    4) Background Check: They will attempt to confirm your entire employment history that you put on your resume. Additionally, they will demand proof of your previous salary. This is a measure they take to keep your salary from coming in too high for their tastes.

Interview Questions

• -More in-depth questions about the language at hand and central libraries. (For Java, the Collections framework is focused on heavily).
      -Questions about Design Patterns (Gang of 4 book).
      -Questions about unit and integration testing, Agile Practices.
      -Logic Puzzles.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Research the market before giving an expected range to the Technical recruiter, that number will come back to you during negotiations. The recruiter is the point of negotiation. It is their job to temper the enthusiasm of the hiring manager and keep the offer "within reason." Don't be afraid to ask, the worst they can do is counter offer or stick to their original plan.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Cambridge, MA) in March 2011.

Interview

I had an external interview and an internal interview experience as the team transitioned into a completely new vertical within Nokia. The team that interviewed me way back was more into figuring out if I was a good team fit and identifying the overall technical strength. The second interview was more like a speed-date, with both the teams intermingling and figuring out cultural differences if any. I felt both the approaches were effective.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Malvern, PA) in January 2011.

Interview

The HR first contacted me, and explained about Trafiic.com which was essentially acquired by Navteq, and he set up a technical phone interview. The lady who called me just started shooting technical questions at me without explaining about the position or the kind of work they do. I was then scheduled to meet with 3 technical people for a "casual" interview - but guess what..the first guy who came in had a 2 inch thick bundle of technical questions. They also explained how people are expected to work longer hours and during weekends if required.
    The Malvern campus looks really nice, but the attitude of this company is far from it's parent company based in Chicago - it has a small company feel to it. Also, the HR didn't even bother informing me that I wasn't selected.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Berlin (Germany)) in May 2016.

Interview

- Applied through LinkedIn, got contacted by a recruiter quickly after
    - Two phone screens over Skype, many Java trivia questions, some interactive coding on collabedit
    - Five technical interviews on-site plus one with HR
    - Got the offer a couple days later

Interview Questions

• Some typical algorithmic questions, some more specific Java and web back-end related questions.   Answer Question