HERE Technologies Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.8

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (San Diego, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Had two rounds, One phone call and another onsite .
Phone call was with the Director of Engineering, rapid fire interview ( simple output coding(google docs) a lot of basic math, OOPs, design patterns, Core c++, Application design ( front end to back end). They just test your depth of knowledge. It is okay if you don't answer everything if you have never worked with them ( I am new grad(master student) and really young) .

Heard back from them within a week to come over for a onsite interview.

Onsite Interview. Lunch with Team. Then i think it was a really long interview from 1 to 4:30pm Follow up with director for 2 hours. They asked a lot of questions again from the same domain. I guess its just to test your adaptability to stress and how you answer at that moment. I didn't know many concepts in Cpp or OOPs but they try to give me hints as i was inexperienced. Two 3D Math questions, 2 coding questions( one dynamic and another just string reversal) and alot of OOPs and Cpp trick questions , design patterns etc. I managed to answer most of them , but i could see one interviewer losing his patience , coz i was not familar or didn't understand many topics they asked.( I guess my inexperience was shown there) , There was also an old engineer who was being interviewed. I guess the director really liked me, but i guess my inexperience was really obvious inspite of me answering most of them. All intelligent engineers work there but i guess they should have put into consideration that i was inexperienced and not promoted my onsite from a software engineer to a senior software engineer.

They asked me dates for an internship instead of a fulltime, but later the director told me the HR had difficulty approving it. It was really bad on their part to keep me waiting/ emailing back really late and they told me that are sorry and that they would consider me for a summer internship but i have not heard from them since so i think i should consider it as a no and move on. In spite of other job offers , i wanted to work on their team , because their work seemed really interesting, so i declined all others i got from more bigger players etc. I have also not received travel reimbursement from them for the interview which i was promised.

Engineers, Director and all are great, the work seems great but it just didn't work out.

It's okay it worked out in the end because i am joining another great company that is offering me really competitive job offer and i think i will be joining them.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for HERE Technologies

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I got the interview from a recruiter, then a call from Manager. He asked about projects, java questions, but he did not seem knowlegeable at all.
    After I got feedback from the recruiter, I learned that they have rejected me because I said in 5 yrz I wanna be involved on managerial scale. Obviously they didn't like that because they wanna keep people at the bottom and prevent them from advancing..
    They give jobs to their friends and people who fit their national and ethic group, everybody knows everyone.
    This company is practicing racisl, ethnic and nation origin descrimination.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

I was invited in for a college interview day along with about 10 other college students from several colleges graduating the current year. We each had 4 different 30 minute interviews with people from 4 different departments. My understanding of the process was that the person of the 4 who liked us the most would then be able to offer us a job or bring us in for a follow up interview.
    Two weeks later I get an email from a HERE recruiter with "Job Offer!" in the title. He then calls me and starts discussing salary, saying he'll send me a concrete offer later that afternoon. I don't here from him until after the weekend, when he backtracks on the offer saying I have to come in for another interview and asks me when I'm free.
    Instead of calling back with a concrete time for the interview later, the next day a different recruiter sends me an email saying they can't offer me a job at this time. His reasoning was that his department can only give offers out a couple weeks in advance, but I wouldn't be graduating until the spring, and invited me to REAPPLY from scratch in a couple months.
    This was an incredibly frustrating experience. If his department has these kinds of limitations, you think that would be the first thing they check, even before scheduling an interview at a COLLEGE interview day. This was by far the most unprofessional thing I've encountered while looking for a job.

Interview Questions

• SQL whiteboarding questions   Answer Question
    • Write a recursive and iterative algorithm for the fibonacci sequence   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Had a 45-minute in-person interview at the university next day (which the interviewer told me that it will replace the phone interview), and was soon told that they would schedule an on-site interview with me.

The on-site interview was consisted of four 45-minute technical interviews and one 15-minute session speaking with the HR manager. It is really nice speaking with the people and we had thorough discussions on some of the technical questions. Although I cannot disclose the interview questions due to an NDA, I would recommend anyone applying to know Java and system design really well, in addition to those must-know algorithms and data structures.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I talked with the recruiter in university career fair, and about two days later, I received an email from HERE said that they want to schedule a time to discuss my background and interests. I talked with a very nice HR, and she gave me a detailed introduction of HERE and asked which area I was most interested in. After that, she said she will forward my resume to the specific team. I'm now waiting for the second phone interview from that team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about your background in the area of automative driving.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HERE Technologies.

Interview

Phone Behavior Interview: Basic interview for behavioral screening

Five 'speed-dating' Interviews on-site: Interviewed with organization leaders and answered a variety of questions ranging from experience to technical to behavior. Some coding required on paper, some logical questions as well

One Final Phone Interview with the organization leader that 'chose' candidate. Mostly experience questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HERE Technologies.

Interview

Had a talk at Career fair. Then a phone screen, followed by an onsite interview. Most questions were about Object Oriented Programming, Algorithm and data structure. The questions are not difficult, but I didn't answer them all correctly. I think the exprience for both sides were positive. About 3-4 coding problems. All are basic problems.

Interview Questions

• describe the whole process how computer turn code into executable.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

I saw them on-campus. Asked for an on-campus interview. Invited to on-site interview at HERE in November. Didn't hear back from them until late March. Asked to interview with one team; interviewed with them. Didn't hear back yet. Asked again by a different recruiter to interview with them. Didn't hear back.

Interview Questions

• Write the fibonacci sequence function. Design questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HERE Technologies in May 2014.

Interview

Hiring process was not too long. Just had to apply online and then waited for recruiter to reach out. Once recruiter reached out, I got a phone interview. After phone interview, there were 2 onsite interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HERE Technologies (Chicago, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

- First round is a phone screen with basic Java questions
    - On-site interview for 3-4 hours of 4 rounds. Interview is with managers, engineers and architects.
    - Managers explain about software development process at company, technical rounds include java questions to evaluate how well you understand and solve the problem