HGST Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HGST Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2017

2.6

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HGST in January 2017.

Interview

Six hours interview. Explaining my work experience.

Very professional interview. About 5 individual interviews with different team members.
    The interviewers were very friendly. The questions were mostly technical with few that were behavioral. Some discussion about real life scenario.

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HGST in April 2016.

Interview

Got Interview scheduled through recruitment agency.
    The interview lasted 40 minutes and panelist were prepared to ask many questions and that in depth and detailed explanation was expected.
    Very poor interview panel with an intention to grill down the candidate applying for the job.
    I feel lucky not to join this role.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HGST (Colorado Springs, CO) in March 2016.

Interview

online exam, then emailed me and set up for a phone interview. make sure you knows everything on your resume, especially research and projects. If you put relative classes on the resume, make sure you remember the materials

Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HGST (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Did an online coding test on Hackerrank. It was difficult. Afterwards, had a non technical interview where I talked about my experience and what I wanted from an internship. Was expecting a more difficult process but managers were more or less just looking for a culture fit.

Interview Questions

• Non-technical questions - Just mainly about experience.   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HGST (San Jose, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Received a phone contact from HR to set up the interview in a few days. Given lots of instructions and map on how to get to the interview. HR meets me in the parking lot and escorts me to the interview room. Two gentlemen there, and one looked upset about being there. He hesitated to shake my hand, although the other was very polite. We had numerous interruptions during the interview from other employees just walking into the room.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my people, mechanical skills, and salary requirements. Interview was about 15 minutes. (Very short)   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at HGST (Rochester, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

There was a phone interview, I talked with the manager for around 15 mins and he asked me bunch of behavior questions as well as some computer based questions.
    I got the offer in 2 days with a good hourly payment.
    HGST at Rochester doesn't provide housing but the housing here in Rochester is really cheap.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions; Tell me about a situation where you had a conflict.
      Data Structure questions   Answer Question

Big Data Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HGST (Boulder, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

School recruiting Event, and then a phone call with the VP I met in that event after 1+ weeks, then get offer within one week. Since HGST must to hire some interns from our program, they just confirmed your interest and choose the strongest background persons, no technical tests at all.

Director of IP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HGST (Irvine, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

First two phone interviews. First interview with HR to determine how personable I was. A phone interview with the hiring manager was next. Then a rush scheduling of the trip out there. All the interviewers were rushed as a result.

Principal Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HGST (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I went through a one day long interview. Presented a 45 min long seminar on my previous experience and had multiple 1 on 1 interviews (6 - 8) with research staff members and managers.
    Had lunch with the future team members and dinner with the direct managers. Overall a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your previous work experience   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HGST (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was about 15 min. The questions were about the projects in the resume. The recruiter mainly asked about the skills I had. Have not heard from it later so I thought I did not get this intern position.