HGST Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 12, 2017

2.6

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HGST in January 2017.

Interview

Six hours interview. Explaining my work experience.

Very professional interview. About 5 individual interviews with different team members.
    The interviewers were very friendly. The questions were mostly technical with few that were behavioral. Some discussion about real life scenario.

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HGST in April 2016.

Interview

Got Interview scheduled through recruitment agency.
    The interview lasted 40 minutes and panelist were prepared to ask many questions and that in depth and detailed explanation was expected.
    Very poor interview panel with an intention to grill down the candidate applying for the job.
    I feel lucky not to join this role.

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HGST (San Jose, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Received a phone contact from HR to set up the interview in a few days. Given lots of instructions and map on how to get to the interview. HR meets me in the parking lot and escorts me to the interview room. Two gentlemen there, and one looked upset about being there. He hesitated to shake my hand, although the other was very polite. We had numerous interruptions during the interview from other employees just walking into the room.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my people, mechanical skills, and salary requirements. Interview was about 15 minutes. (Very short)   Answer Question

Director of IP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HGST (Irvine, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

First two phone interviews. First interview with HR to determine how personable I was. A phone interview with the hiring manager was next. Then a rush scheduling of the trip out there. All the interviewers were rushed as a result.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HGST (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was about 15 min. The questions were about the projects in the resume. The recruiter mainly asked about the skills I had. Have not heard from it later so I thought I did not get this intern position.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HGST (San Jose, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Friendly, outgoing staff who make you feel welcome immediately. Casual, low key environment. Employee seem happy and down to earth. Nice building, but location is a bit remote. It's deep in South San Jose, close to Morgan Hill. Nothing nearby.

Engineering Tech Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HGST.

Interview

Can"t comment and can't not elaborate more about the process did not experience to be in in the process was too long and too many interviewer too technical

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HGST in February 2014.

Interview

Interview was spread out in 2 days. The last interview was supposed to be on Phone from a Director. She didn't called me, neither the interviewer was reachable on phone. The recruiter told me that she will get back to me, didn't. They didn't respond to my email and didn't pick up my phone either. Another week later, I used a different number to call and got the recruiter and then he told me that they have identified someone else for this position. I got this sense from day 2, but why are they to reluctant to provide me a 1 line answer? WEIRD. There is something dysfunctional somewhere.

Interview Questions

• All questions were based on experiences from my resume.   Answer Question

Software Tools Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HGST (San Jose, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview was 5 hours long including lunch. I spoke to about 6 people; each person was from a different department. There wasn't much technical questions and I didn't feel grilled at all.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about creating the software tools for the company?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HGST.

Interview

Applied on school job fair.
    Process: phone conversation -> on-site interview (it took a day)
    The interviewers are very friendly. If you are not clear about what they are asking, you can directly ask them.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Foundation of C/C++. Talked about your projects and work experiences.   Answer Question