HGST Research Engineer/Technologist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

Research Engineer/Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HGST (San Jose, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

Phone call, on-site interview, seminar and full day of one-on-one interviews ranging from colleagues to upper management. This was for a research position. Had an earlier interview in development, there it consisted only with one-on-one interviews with each of the team members, 1st and 2nd line manager. half of the people knew me from my work or working together before so those interviews were very laid back. the interviews for Research was shortened because my plane was delayed. Same deal though, most people knew me or knew of me. Seminar was fun because there were a lot of questions.

Interview Questions

• mostly technical questions, though nothing particularly hard. interviewed a few days after it was announced that Hitachi agreed to sell to WD. the question was why come work here now?   1 Answer

Negotiation

originally offered too low of salary. refused. asked what i would accept. told them, so they bumped me up to the next job title/classification and offered me the salary i wanted.