HGST Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 14, 2017

2.5

Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HGST (San Jose, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Did an online coding test on Hackerrank. It was difficult. Afterwards, had a non technical interview where I talked about my experience and what I wanted from an internship. Was expecting a more difficult process but managers were more or less just looking for a culture fit.

Interview Questions

• Non-technical questions - Just mainly about experience.   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HGST (San Jose, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Received a phone contact from HR to set up the interview in a few days. Given lots of instructions and map on how to get to the interview. HR meets me in the parking lot and escorts me to the interview room. Two gentlemen there, and one looked upset about being there. He hesitated to shake my hand, although the other was very polite. We had numerous interruptions during the interview from other employees just walking into the room.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my people, mechanical skills, and salary requirements. Interview was about 15 minutes. (Very short)   Answer Question

Principal Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HGST (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I went through a one day long interview. Presented a 45 min long seminar on my previous experience and had multiple 1 on 1 interviews (6 - 8) with research staff members and managers.
    Had lunch with the future team members and dinner with the direct managers. Overall a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your previous work experience   1 Answer

HW Development Engineer - II Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HGST (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Fast process. Friendly. The logistic arrangement is very flexible and the reimbursement of the travel expense is also very fast. Overall I am pretty happy with this interview process.

Student - Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HGST (San Jose, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview followed by On Site Interview. Duration of Interview: 3 Hours.
    Basic questions in Digital Circuits and STA. College projects were asked. These positions are easy to crack. Not a lot is asked in depth. Focus is only on the resume and the types of projects done in college. All the best.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HGST (San Jose, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Friendly, outgoing staff who make you feel welcome immediately. Casual, low key environment. Employee seem happy and down to earth. Nice building, but location is a bit remote. It's deep in South San Jose, close to Morgan Hill. Nothing nearby.

Student - Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HGST (San Jose, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Process was simple, got an email from the direct hire manager, called for on site interview. Interview was 45 mins each with Manager, 2 directors. Interview was arranged quickly and the process was completed within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Previous job experiences and how I contributed into it. Questions on projects completed in school.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at HGST (San Jose, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Requested numerous interviews in person. Despite positive feedback, sudden cancellations. No response or feedback, complete silence.Even after agreement for an offer, no follow-up. Did not hear back for months. Constantly being told positive feedback and then that the team was re-evaluating. Lack of transparency, communication, and direction.

The positive side, some team members were nice. However that is overshadowed by the unprofessionalism and disrespectful way candidates are treated.

Interview Questions

• The usual - strengths and weaknesses, what could you see yourself doing better, what has been your experience in storage.   Answer Question

Offer was not in range of what we discussed, disrespectful of potential employee's time, lack of transparency, indecisiveness, and only cer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HGST (San Jose, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

it is ok, you have two online questions need 75 minutes
    and onsite interview are ok, and they are friendly,
    but need to prepare that is for sure
    location is good near airport, and commute is very good. but project will be difficult

Software Tools Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HGST (San Jose, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview was 5 hours long including lunch. I spoke to about 6 people; each person was from a different department. There wasn't much technical questions and I didn't feel grilled at all.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about creating the software tools for the company?   Answer Question