HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama) (Lincoln, AL) in February 2009.

Interview

Uses typical behavior based interview technique. Anyone that takes 30 minutes time and googles behavior based interview tips will not have a problem answering their questions.

Negotiation

They try to give candidates the impression that they do not negotiate. And most candidates don't even try.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama).

Interview

Still in interview process. Waiting for 3rd interview. The HR people have contacted me thrice now, on schedule to interview at the main facility. There was an on spot interview, a formal interview, a phone screening, and there is a on site interview.

Interview Questions

• They ask your standard interview questions, nothing technical thus far   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama) (Lincoln, AL).

Interview

Applied online. Received call for phone screen the next day. Flew out the the following week. Interview was included questions about my resume, how I felt about overtime, and they gave me an object and asked me how would I go about fixing it. Next week plant shut down and my background check was being performed. Received offer the following week. Total time 3 weeks

Interview Questions

• How would you fix this part that has been failing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. Structured pay raises

Associate Engineer Interview

Interview

Very smooth process, however group interview was confusing. Very hard to determine which job I was actually applying for. But in the end it worked out to be a relatively easy process.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would develop a plan to fix failing remote key?   Answer Question

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama) (Lincoln, AL) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied for job on Honda website. I was called back 2 weeks later for a screening interview that went over my background and qualifications. 2 weeks after that I was invited to an in-person interview. The interview included a benefits information session and plant tour.

I was grouped with 5 other candidates that were interviewing for the same job plant (annoying). The actual interview was with the engineering team I would be joining (4 people), and was pretty dry. It was performed via the STARS method.

Interview Questions

• Name me a time that you felt that your achievement were not recognized.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama) (Lincoln, AL) in November 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with basic questions
    On-location group interview, 7-8 people in a small room. Main HR person, 3 engineers, 2 other HR people, and an intern. Questions mostly dealt with job-related experience on my resume and generic interview questions, no quirky questions. Most of the people just watched and didn't say anything, probably observing reactions to questions.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in person interview. Phone interview is a personality / standard HR questions. Where do you see yourself in 3/5/10 years. Once the phone interview was over expect about 3 weeks to get a call back. The in person interview was pretty relaxed, or i thought was relaxed. More technical, so know your stuff or know how to explain what you have done in the past.

Engineering Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama) (Lincoln, AL).

Interview

Initial interview was basic phone screen. Was brought in for an in person panel interview. Offer was made pending drug screening. Typical interview process. from the time of phone screen to first day at work was about 2 months.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very limited negotiations

Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama) (Lincoln, AL) in June 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter then passed to face to face interview.
    not very stressful, two guys in the room. department rep and HR rep.
    They asked questions from my resume.

Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pell City, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama) (Pell City, AL).

Interview

There was one phone interview and one face-to-face interview. The phone interview was pretty generic. I got the feeling that they wanted to get a general idea of your qualifications and see if you are a good fit with their company culture. The face-to-face interview was more detailed. Go in prepared for all of the standard interview questions. Use good body language and be open with your interviewers. If you don't know the answer to an interview question, say so and come back to it later.

Interview Questions

• Name one problem that you had in a previous job and state what you did to overcome it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiating phase. They gave a reasonable offer.