HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama) Interview Questions

Updated Nov 6, 2017

2.7

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama).

Interview

Still in interview process. Waiting for 3rd interview. The HR people have contacted me thrice now, on schedule to interview at the main facility. There was an on spot interview, a formal interview, a phone screening, and there is a on site interview.

Interview Questions

• They ask your standard interview questions, nothing technical thus far   Answer Question

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama) (Lincoln, AL) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied for job on Honda website. I was called back 2 weeks later for a screening interview that went over my background and qualifications. 2 weeks after that I was invited to an in-person interview. The interview included a benefits information session and plant tour.

I was grouped with 5 other candidates that were interviewing for the same job plant (annoying). The actual interview was with the engineering team I would be joining (4 people), and was pretty dry. It was performed via the STARS method.

Interview Questions

• Name me a time that you felt that your achievement were not recognized.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in person interview. Phone interview is a personality / standard HR questions. Where do you see yourself in 3/5/10 years. Once the phone interview was over expect about 3 weeks to get a call back. The in person interview was pretty relaxed, or i thought was relaxed. More technical, so know your stuff or know how to explain what you have done in the past.

Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pell City, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama) (Pell City, AL).

Interview

There was one phone interview and one face-to-face interview. The phone interview was pretty generic. I got the feeling that they wanted to get a general idea of your qualifications and see if you are a good fit with their company culture. The face-to-face interview was more detailed. Go in prepared for all of the standard interview questions. Use good body language and be open with your interviewers. If you don't know the answer to an interview question, say so and come back to it later.

Interview Questions

• Name one problem that you had in a previous job and state what you did to overcome it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiating phase. They gave a reasonable offer.

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama).

Interview

I was brought in for an in person interview after a phone screening. I was interview my two managers and an HR associate. They opened the discussion up for me to explain my resume and my work history. Then they proceeded to explain their roles at managers for their respective categories. I was answering questions about my resume and what I was interested in (technical/hands-on/both, etc.) and also elaborated on my work history and senior project. The HR associate asked basic questions regarding how I would handle different working scenarios and I answered them according to previous experiences. It was a very laid back process. I was provided a plant tour and left shortly after. Good interview experience.

Interview Questions

• General HR questions but the technical questions were more gears to my work history. I mentioned using data collect tools on a senior project and I was asked to elaborate in detail to ensur eI was being truthful.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No room for negotiation at my entry level position.

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama) (Lincoln, AL).

Interview

Applied online. Received call for phone screen the next day. Flew out the the following week. Interview was included questions about my resume, how I felt about overtime, and they gave me an object and asked me how would I go about fixing it. Next week plant shut down and my background check was being performed. Received offer the following week. Total time 3 weeks

Interview Questions

• How would you fix this part that has been failing?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. Structured pay raises

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama) (Lincoln, AL) in March 2015.

Interview

Two on one interview with Dept. MGR and Team Leader, lots of talk on background and also heard in great detail about Honda of Alabama. No really difficult questions, but a great deal of what could almost be called intimidation about how great Honda is and why should we hire you?

Interview Questions

• Same old "What do you think you can bring to our team?"   Answer Question

Engineering Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at HMA (Honda Manufacturing of Alabama) (Lincoln, AL).

Interview

Initial interview was basic phone screen. Was brought in for an in person panel interview. Offer was made pending drug screening. Typical interview process. from the time of phone screen to first day at work was about 2 months.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very limited negotiations

College Blitz Interview

Application

Interview

Was called down to interview after speaking to a recruiter at career fair. There were about 10 other candidates. Candidates are split into groups and each group goes to a different station for an hour(Interview, tour, benefits explanation). Interview was a panel of about 6 people. They asked standard behavioral and experience questions. Very different from 1 on 1 or 2 on 1 interviews, because it like all eyes are on you.

Associate Engineer Interview

Interview

Very smooth process, however group interview was confusing. Very hard to determine which job I was actually applying for. But in the end it worked out to be a relatively easy process.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would develop a plan to fix failing remote key?   Answer Question