HMB Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at HMB

1 Interview Review

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westerville, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HMB (Westerville, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

The interviewing process at HMB can be quite extensive depending upon the position. Technical positions require a "tech spec," during which you will discuss your technical skills. There is no right/wrong answer here as far as I can tell; it's simply a measurement of where you would be brought in and what training you may require. The non-technical positions are slightly different, and that is what this review pertains to.

First, you will have a conversation with one of the internal recruiters to learn more about the business and determine if you want to continue moving forward. Next, depending on location, a phone or in-person interview with one of the team leaders or upper level managers to discuss skill set and to further learn about the business. Finally, an in-person interview at the HMB HQ in Westerville, OH, could be as long as 6+ hours as you rotate between Executive members and discuss your background, experience, etc. Mine involved a lunch meeting with three members of the sales team as well, although I was not applying for a sales position.

HMB places a lot of emphasis on culture fits, which is why the interview process can be so extensive. Questions range from specific skill-set questions to general chit-chat, but no matter how casual it looks, HMB is purely professional and will expect you to be as well. Overall, this experience was great. My only complaint is that it can take a while to progress from each stage, and even longer to receive an offer. My interview process took 4+ weeks and I waited three months for an offer, which did eventually come. HMB was fairly communicative during this process.

Interview Questions

• What are your opinions about Agile vs. Waterfall software development?   Answer Question