HMB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at HMB

2.9

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HMB (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Very friendly recruiting team will initially work with you.

A phone interview with a senior technical person.

An in-depth technical interview with two or three senior people.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westerville, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at HMB (Westerville, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

The interviewing process at HMB can be quite extensive depending upon the position. Technical positions require a "tech spec," during which you will discuss your technical skills. There is no right/wrong answer here as far as I can tell; it's simply a measurement of where you would be brought in and what training you may require. The non-technical positions are slightly different, and that is what this review pertains to.

First, you will have a conversation with one of the internal recruiters to learn more about the business and determine if you want to continue moving forward. Next, depending on location, a phone or in-person interview with one of the team leaders or upper level managers to discuss skill set and to further learn about the business. Finally, an in-person interview at the HMB HQ in Westerville, OH, could be as long as 6+ hours as you rotate between Executive members and discuss your background, experience, etc. Mine involved a lunch meeting with three members of the sales team as well, although I was not applying for a sales position.

HMB places a lot of emphasis on culture fits, which is why the interview process can be so extensive. Questions range from specific skill-set questions to general chit-chat, but no matter how casual it looks, HMB is purely professional and will expect you to be as well. Overall, this experience was great. My only complaint is that it can take a while to progress from each stage, and even longer to receive an offer. My interview process took 4+ weeks and I waited three months for an offer, which did eventually come. HMB was fairly communicative during this process.

Interview Questions

• What are your opinions about Agile vs. Waterfall software development?   Answer Question

Entry Level Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowling Green, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HMB (Bowling Green, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter who was very friendly during the entire interview. It was an informal review so there was no need to have anything prepared. Simply talked about my life goals, expectations and qualities I look for in a company.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HMB (Columbus, OH) in October 2019.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview, then scheduled an on-site technical interview. The day of the interview consisted of an IQ sort of test to start, followed by meeting with four current employees, going through my resume and asking about the things I had on there. Some of them got into more technical questions, but there were no "whiteboard" questions.

Interview Questions

• What is something that you can describe starting from the outer layer, and digging in to describe each component that makes up the object as a whole?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HMB.

Interview

Interview was not difficult.
    Interviewed with an Associate level for technical skills.
    Interviewed with Developer Director of practice for behavioral questions.
    Then interviewed with Director of Practice (BA).
    Interviewers were nice and a pleasure to speak and understand the technical terms.

Interview Questions

• All questions were basic about my work history and processes of business analysis work.   1 Answer