HMS Holdings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HMS Holdings Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.5

Developer Interview

Interview

The interview was set, but I did not receive a phone call. I would advise you to seek employment else where. They don't value your time and one can only wonder how they will treat you later.

Interview Questions

• Can you do the interview at x time?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HMS Holdings (Irving, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Quick, not very difficult, very unorganized with no agenda or names of people I was interviewing, so confusing on where I was in the interview process, no structure on where I was going, who I was talking to, where the interviews will be.

Pharmacy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prairie Home, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at HMS Holdings (Prairie Home, MO).

Interview

Very positive and professional/ felt at ease and learned more about the position ; was multiple people on call but this wasn't intimidating- wish they provided more in terms of benefits but hoping to hear more about this later

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HMS Holdings (Irving, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

EXTREMELY unprofessional! Save your time, read the reviews on Glassdoor.com, and DO NOT INTERVIEW WITH THIS COMPANY. Worst interview process I've ever experienced in my life.
    - The recruiter did NOT follow up, and he even missed our first phone interview. I literally sat by the phone waiting, and when I finally sent a "friendly reminder" email that we had an interview I received an out of office reply back.
    - Interview with managers by phone was at 8AM due to their schedule.
    - Face to Face interview very disorganized and unprofessional.
    - Was asked the same questions from phone screening, and they apologized for "not being prepared".
    - I had to follow up from beginning to end with every step of the process.
    - Highly flawed interview process most likely indicative of the health of the company and its employees.
    - Through observation it appears that the culture is not highly communicative and chaotic.
    - No formal email or phone call from HR to let me know a another candidate was selected. I had to follow up continuously.
    - Horrible, horrible experience.

Interview Questions

• They were not prepared and I was asked the same, general questions over and over again about my experience, etc.   Answer Question

Client Services Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HMS Holdings (Longmont, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

Online application. 3 days later received an email requesting a phone interview. 1st phone interview was very short, very informal, kinda awkward, more of a info session really. Position details were discussed, I was asked about my ability to work in the office vs from home, and I was asked about my salary requirements. At the end of that call I scheduled another phone interview, a "cultural fit" interview, just 2 days later. In the cultural fit interview I was asked several questions about my personality, my work habits, my preferred management styles, etc. In that phone call I was informed that I was recommended for an in-person interview at the local office. The in-person interview was about a week later with the Director of Talent Management and the Client Services Director. Questions were straightforward, no gotcha questions. I was given a tour of the office, allowed a few minutes to chat alone with an employee in the position I was applying for, and had a brief informal 1 on 1 with a director of another department. About 10 days later I was told that even though they liked me very much, another applicant was offered the job.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at HMS Holdings.

Interview

Face to Face interview with 2 IT Directors. They walked through my resume and asked questions based on that. Project Management exp-experience, where do you see yourself soon? Do you like working with a team?

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume
      What type of projects have you been involved in   Answer Question
    • Give me examples of Projects you have worked on, Project Mgt tools you have used.   Answer Question

Credit Balance Auditory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HMS Holdings (Columbus, OH).

Interview

The whole process took about 45 mins. I was asked your typical interview question. They describe what the training would be like and said they would be in contact

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time where you had to come up with a solution to a problem   Answer Question

Hadoop Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HMS Holdings (Irving, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

It was telephonic and skype interview. Interview went well and the interviewer was well versed in hadoop.It was very interesting.Process took place for about 10 days. The interviewer was also asking about some of his new process in hadoop to test my ability to answer the question for which I gave an almost impressive answer.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions,asked about Hive, pig, sqoop, kafka and cluster monitoring and related work.   Answer Question

Data Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HMS Holdings (Denton, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

I went to a job fair at my college, recieved the card and number of a recruiter, filled out an online application, and waited. After 2 weeks I sent a follow up email, to which the recruiter promised they'd be in touch. A day or so after that, I got an appointment for a phone interview. The connection was very bad for whatever reason, but the interview was about 20 minutes long, largely about the projects I'd done and what sort of experience I had. We both realized that the job description that I had thought I was going for wasn't what she was going for, and after a rather awkward conversation she hung up. It would have been nice to receive an email or something afterward, but I guess I can't fault them too much.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with SQL? Hadoop? etc.
      Couple of questions about architecture that I cannot remember at the moment.   Answer Question

IT Procurement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at HMS Holdings (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

The process started with a phone interview with a recruiter. He was nice and approachable and his questions were more about fit on both sides. He said he would call me in a couple weeks, and he did. He asked me for bullet points on my skills more applicable to the position. I'm assuming at that point he passed it on to the hiring manager. 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager was the next step. They were great and the conversation was very enjoyable albeit very formal. The next step was a phone interview with the head of IT. Like the hiring manager, they were great too, super nice and smart individual. After that, it was an in person interview with a panel. It went well and I enjoyed their thoughtful questions. Someone joined late by speakerphone and then they dropped the line early which was a bit of a distraction for everyone. Overall the panel interview was great, everyone was really nice, professional and smart. The next step was an in person interview with the head of finance. From there the recruiter told me nothing would be finalized for a week, which I couldn't help but to read into. A week later I reached back out to find out that they went with another candidate. Overall it was a great experience with smart, nice people and I could tell the Purchasing department at HMS would be a great place to work.

TLDR; 3 phone interviews, 2 in person interviews, phenomenal hiring manager and recruiter.