HMSHost Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 28, 2016

2.0

Transportation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HMSHost (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

was 1/1 interview process. was easy. asked questions about past experience/ availability/negative overall experience/ but do not recommend it to anyone. what is your availability? Tell me about yourself/ was interviewed by 2 people.

Interview Questions

• availability/ Why should we hire you? what is customer service for you/tell me about yourself   1 Answer

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HMSHost (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Literally go in on an "Invite Only" Mass Hiring event then sit down with prospective Managers. Mostly just a run down of the job and what will be expected. I was hired on the spot, everyone was. So the interview was pretty easy. The real process is waiting on the email after you apply online. However, other than that not much of a wait. You go in talk with the manager and get your badging paperwork (airport job).

Interview Questions

• "What experience do you have"
      "Tell me about your previous job and what that entailed"
      Answer Question

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at HMSHost (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a email for an interview about 4 days later. When I went the manger was very friendly and offered me a drink. We started the interview process shortly after that. The questions were easy and after about 15 minutes we was done. She told me that if I was selected I would get a called later on that evening. I got a call around 3 that afternoon and was told I had the job.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HMSHost (Atlanta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

Quick The Interviewer Was Nice She Asked Me About My Previous Job What's My Strengths & Weaknesses Am I Realibe Did I Understand It Was Part Time What's My Availability Could I Start Soon

Interview Questions

• How Do I Handle An Irate Customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HMSHost (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Had a prescreen phone interview....interview next week

Interview Questions

• How long will the interview take and what do they look for in an employee?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at HMSHost (Atlanta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process with HMSHost focused on past experience, vision for the future, financial knowledge of profit and loss statement, and employee development.

Also, this process centered around one's able to responsible to directive given by upper-management. Basically wanting to know how well an individual follows instruction and what level of urgency are attached to different scenarios.

Furthermore, a strong focus is placed on restaurant cleanliness and health department compliance. The question was structured around levels of importance and is cleanliness an optics in which your guests judge one's commitment to a total customer experience.

Interview Questions

• What's your development plan for your staff?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase basically involved a salary that was strictly connected to the company's salary cap for that particular job classification but there was some wiggle room.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HMSHost (Atlanta, GA) in January 2013.

Interview

Was referred by a friend and called in for a interview. Had to come back for a second interview because the original person that was suppose to interview me was not there. Came for second interview didn't get asked any questions just was told about the company and if i had any questions. At the end she liked that i smiled and hired me on spot. Had to fill out paperwork,finger prints, go to another site to do drug test within 48 hours, and was told i would get a call for orientation date when everything came back. Orientation was 3 days paid. After orientation went to our managers for schedule.

Negotiation

No negotiation pay set

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at HMSHost (Atlanta, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

I went to the Atlanta Airport Job Fair, which was conducted outside the airport in a trailer. After waiting in line for about 40 mins, I sat down with the manager for one of the concessions, and she explained that the new terminal will be opening May 16, 2012, and they are looking to fill 700 positions. She asked for my resume and begin to interview me. I felt really comfortable with her. After the interview I was offered the position of cashier. I was escorted to a room where I had to fill out paperwork. After the paperwork was filled out, I was instructed to go take a drug test at the AeroClinic inside the airport. I had 48 hrs to complete the drug test. After the drug test, I was told to go to the DOA to get fingerprinted(criminal background check). After the process, I was told it should take 5-7 business days to complete the process, and they will call me. It's only been a week since this happened, so now I am waiting for a call to get my orientation date.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest accomplishment in life?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you were asked to do something against policy?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at HMSHost (Atlanta, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

I went to the Concessions job fair in hopes of getting in front of a hiring manager in regards to the management positions advertised online. I was told to go to the company website, because they had a lot of positions available. Within two weeks I got a call for a one-on-one interview. I felt a little rushed because I literally saw other candidates lined up in the bookstore waiting their turn. I was called back for a second and final interview a week later. It was a very detailed conversation with a lot of questions, but gave me a good understanding of the business.

I declined because I had a way better offer from The Paradies Shops. I would have to negotiate just for 40K, and I was making more than that at my previous job. Their benefits started within 45 days (for management!), their off days are split, except for when you get your weekends off, and they wanted a minimum of 50 hours a week. Better offers were on the table, woth more comprehensive benefits packages.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at HMSHost (Atlanta, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

After attending a job fair at the College Park Convention Center for airport jobs, I was contacted by a recruiter to interview. After interviewing with a manager one on one, I was offered a position in one of the new restaurants opening May 1st. I was instructed to take a drug test and be fingerprinted. However, that is where the process stops running smooth. I submitted to all of the tests approaching three weeks ago now and when I try to check the status, I am given the ole "don't call us, we'll call you" from virtually everyone in human resources. I understand they have a huge influx of new hires due to the number of people they needed to fill positions with. I just wish they would take the time to check the status of individuals who inquire. It's easy for them to say wait for the call because they are on someone's clock earning a paycheck. But for someone who has been out of work and diligently seeking it for the past three months, this hurts. Sill looking for my call to orientation to begin. Would love for it to be this week or early next... fingers crossed.

Interview Questions

• What are the greatest challenges presented as a bartender from a customer service perspective?   Answer Question