HMSHost Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HMSHost Cashier Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2017

1.4

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HMSHost (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

They just hires anyone who comes to apply. They host a job fair,no one got turned around due to them being so desperate. Ppl quit the same week they start due to them finding out about the pay! Which they would tell you a pay rate at the time of the interview to get you to stay! Then once u start it's something different.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for HMSHost

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HMSHost (Hamilton, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

It was a relatively easy process. I sat down with the general manager in the food court and went over my past work experiences and had the duties, responsibilities, and overall outlook that the job entailed. The general manager was very friendly, kind, and courteous, and ensured that I understood and comprehended what was being asked of me.

Interview Questions

• The main questions had to deal with my past experiences working and how they would coalesce and fit with the job I was applying for. They also dealt with my general outlook when it comes to dealing with the public at large, i.e., my customer service abilities and how adaptable they were to the current environment I would be possibly working in.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at HMSHost (Elizabeth, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

It was the usual questions about experience, school, what was you're greatest achievement, etc, etc. The manager interviewed me and it took around 20 minutes. Wasn't too hard or anything to be nervous about, pretty straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with food service or cashier work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HMSHost (Newark, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

Very sweet interviewer. Did not ask for too much information started the job right away training was a drag but it wasn't too bad people that are there were very friendly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Difficult they don't like to pay employees much

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HMSHost.

Interview

Very easy, they were desperate for help so they were not difficult to interview with. Had to wait for the manager past the time i was told to be there. He did not appoligize for being late

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you received good customer service, what made it special   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HMSHost (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

i was invited to a group interview where two ladies interviewed us all. During this process they ask me for two forms of id and then said we will be contacting you with the next step in hiring. I never received a call back or an email. Why take all my personal information and not call me. When I called to ask them I was told the hiring Process was put on hold. Management is poorly done

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work any shift   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HMSHost (Orlando, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

It went well for the most part. The manager that interviewed me was my actual manager. He was polite and the questions he asked were easy. It was a bit awkward at times. The interview was not super professional. The manager was also about 40 mins late for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Have your ever had a customer get upset? what did you do to help the situation?   Answer Question
    • what are some of your weaknesses. strengths?   Answer Question
    • why did you leave your last place of employment?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I interviewed at HMSHost in November 2014.

Interview

I applied on line a few hours later I was called for a interview. The interview process was very nice and smooth. Later on that evening I scheduled my finger printing for the next day and I am waiting for the backround check to come back.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HMSHost.

Interview

Filled out application online they called back in a few days and was brought in for a interview. The first interview was brief followed by another interview with assistant manger.Then i was scheduled for a drug test and that took about 2 weeks then i started for work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation took place

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HMSHost (Charlotte, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview and hiring process where both fast and efficient. I was offered employment upon the end of my interview and started working maybe a week later after all proper documents where submitted and class room training.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to get out of working for this company?   Answer Question