HMSHost Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

HMSHost Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2017

1.3

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HMSHost (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

They just hires anyone who comes to apply. They host a job fair,no one got turned around due to them being so desperate. Ppl quit the same week they start due to them finding out about the pay! Which they would tell you a pay rate at the time of the interview to get you to stay! Then once u start it's something different.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for HMSHost

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HMSHost (Newark, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

Very sweet interviewer. Did not ask for too much information started the job right away training was a drag but it wasn't too bad people that are there were very friendly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Difficult they don't like to pay employees much

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at HMSHost.

Interview

Very easy, they were desperate for help so they were not difficult to interview with. Had to wait for the manager past the time i was told to be there. He did not appoligize for being late

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you received good customer service, what made it special   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HMSHost (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

i was invited to a group interview where two ladies interviewed us all. During this process they ask me for two forms of id and then said we will be contacting you with the next step in hiring. I never received a call back or an email. Why take all my personal information and not call me. When I called to ask them I was told the hiring Process was put on hold. Management is poorly done

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work any shift   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at HMSHost (Orlando, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

It went well for the most part. The manager that interviewed me was my actual manager. He was polite and the questions he asked were easy. It was a bit awkward at times. The interview was not super professional. The manager was also about 40 mins late for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Have your ever had a customer get upset? what did you do to help the situation?   Answer Question
    • what are some of your weaknesses. strengths?   Answer Question
    • why did you leave your last place of employment?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I interviewed at HMSHost in November 2014.

Interview

I applied on line a few hours later I was called for a interview. The interview process was very nice and smooth. Later on that evening I scheduled my finger printing for the next day and I am waiting for the backround check to come back.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at HMSHost.

Interview

Filled out application online they called back in a few days and was brought in for a interview. The first interview was brief followed by another interview with assistant manger.Then i was scheduled for a drug test and that took about 2 weeks then i started for work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation took place

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at HMSHost (Charlotte, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview and hiring process where both fast and efficient. I was offered employment upon the end of my interview and started working maybe a week later after all proper documents where submitted and class room training.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to get out of working for this company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at HMSHost (Sacramento, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

The manager who interviewed me was pleasant. He wasn't intimidating and I didn't feel uncomfortable. The questions were straight forward and I was given a small tour and escorted around the areas where I could be working. After that he asked me if I was still interested after that whole process and I told him yes I was, I was then given the job and started the training within 2days of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you choose: Speed or cleanliness?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at HMSHost.

Interview

Called me and told me an interview for specific day. Interview was an actual interview, told me a background check would be done in 2 weeks. It didn't come back until 4 weeks later when they told me to come in for training. Sat in the basement of the building and did 'computer' training for 8 hours. Initially just thrown in to where they want to put you and told you to figure it out, trained by other employees.

Negotiation

Didn't really have to do much negotiation.